PDA

View Full Version : Game used at Oriole Park

MarkakisMania
04-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Just got home a few hours ago from opening day at Oriole Park. It looks like the Orioles have finally ramped up their game used sales through the onsite game used provider Art of the Game. I spoke to both Andrew and Brett today for a few moments as the store was just hammered every time I went past.

In addition to the game used bats and balls, Andrew told me they will be handling game used bases and lineup cards this year and they expect to start handling game worn jersey's shortly.

They had 7 game used bases from today's game and had sold 5 of the 7 by the end of the game along with the balls and lineup cards and as I was leaving they were delivered a cracked gamer of Chris Davis who is tearing up the league early, used in today's game.

I know I had mixed success last year obtaining high quality game used bats however Andrew stated that everything is being hologrammed this year and they will apparently have the ability to request items in game throughout the season.

They also apparently signed an exclusive autograph contract with Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen this season and had some great signed photos, balls, and fielders gloves from Chen.

I was very surprised to see this as the Orioles have always been extremely difficult to obtain quality game used items from. I picked up a sweet Adam Jones game used bat and have my name on the waiting list for Machado and a few others.

If these guys get the hologrammed jersey's Oriole fans will be in heaven.

Andrew told me that he can be reached at allstarsplus@aol.com or Brett at brettherman2131@hotmail.com and they are actively taking orders and request for game used items.

Jeb

allstarsplus
04-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Jeb, thanks so much. After you left we got all the cracked bats from the game which did include a Chris Davis as well as Adam Jones and Nolan Reimold and a Manny Machado.

It is very cool when a player sets a MLB record as Chris Davis did with his HR and RBI total!

Our Wei-Yin Chen deal wasn't an exclusive but we did get some one-of-a-kind and exclusive items and I was able to handle the signing last week at Spring Training in Sarasota Florida.

The other cool thing we did and what I believe is very unique is that the team did a signing for their charity "Orioles Reach" which we are selling the items for which we did game issued autographed bats. It's unique to have players bats straight from the clubhouse in a very limited quantity of all the star players.

Here's a photo from early yesterday morning and most of the goodies are in the center cabinets as you can see all the jerseys.

allstarsplus
04-06-2013, 07:34 AM
We are also very fortunate to add Sam Geisler to the Art Of The Game team as he comes over from Cal Ripken's Ironclad. I think he was there for 4 years and has set up a great way to keep in touch quickly through Twitter at
https://twitter.com/AOTGOriolePark and he also has an email feed through a newsletter.

Before we opened the doors we had pre-orders from GUU members for Opening Day items and it was great seeing regulars like Geoff, Jeb, Mike, and others.

I actually just pulled these photos off the Twitter feed!

yanks12025
04-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Curious what type of prices are at the store.

allstarsplus
04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Yanks, send me an email and I will put you on the email list. We also have a pre-order list that is truly 1st come 1st served. There is a carryover waiting list from last year on Manny Machado and Wei-Yin Chen and the Chris Davis list is growing quickly!

BostonSportsFan
04-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Made my annual pilgramage today to Camden Yards which has become a tradition over the past 15 plus years on the Sunday of opening day weekend at Oriole Park.

Saw my good friend Andrew and was absolutely shocked to find out that the Art of the Game will in fact begin selling the game used jersey's beginning on the next homestand.

Andrew told me that they are now taking orders and need a deposit for each jersey ordered but they have been assured by the team that they will get whatever request they put in for game worn jersey's home, alt black, alt orange, away etc.

I put in an order for a Machado today, but this is a very pleasant surprise.

As Oriole collectors know getting an authentic MLB hologrammed Orioles jersey is about as likely as hitting the lottery.

Anyway, the store looked fantastic and I am certain that Andrew can answer questions related to the jersey's and other game used items.

My Best,

Joe

ironmanfan
04-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Made my annual pilgramage today to Camden Yards which has become a tradition over the past 15 plus years on the Sunday of opening day weekend at Oriole Park.

Saw my good friend Andrew and was absolutely shocked to find out that the Art of the Game will in fact begin selling the game used jersey's beginning on the next homestand.

Andrew told me that they are now taking orders and need a deposit for each jersey ordered but they have been assured by the team that they will get whatever request they put in for game worn jersey's home, alt black, alt orange, away etc.

As Oriole collectors know getting an authentic MLB hologrammed Orioles jersey is about as likely as hitting the lottery.

Anyway, the store looked fantastic and I am certain that Andrew can answer questions related to the jersey's and other game used items.

My Best,

Joe

I was there yesterday as well although I forgot the store was there (I usually don't enter/leave the ballpark on Eutaw Street)....I'll have to check it out in a couple weeks when the Dodgers come in....

kellsox
04-08-2013, 01:00 PM

My Best,

Joe

While its cool that the orioles are making game used items avail to the public, you have to wonder a bit about them assuring people their orders. I assume this means if 20 people request a certain players jersey than the team will have the player wear enough jerseys for them to sell off? If that's the case, what is the cut off for the amount of jerseys they will produce to have players put on and then sell? What does this do to any long term value with the likelihood that the once limited oriole market is now heavily supplied?

BostonSportsFan
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
While its cool that the orioles are making game used items avail to the public, you have to wonder a bit about them assuring people their orders. I assume this means if 20 people request a certain players jersey than the team will have the player wear enough jerseys for them to sell off? If that's the case, what is the cut off for the amount of jerseys they will produce to have players put on and then sell? What does this do to any long term value with the likelihood that the once limited oriole market is now heavily supplied?

Kellsox,

I would verify this with Andrew my understanding is that they absolutely do not want to flood the market and if for instance 25 people wanted a Machado they would guarentee orders up to a certain point. I do not know what the magic cutoff number is however I brought this point up as well and was told that there will not be an unlimited supply.

I think the guarentee is that if they are able to take the order they are guarenteeing that they will fill it. I am guessing that they will be given some directive as to how many they can fill of each player but I would recommend verifying with Andrew and the Art guys.

Joe

allstarsplus
04-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm truly amazed at all the GUU members that live from Delaware to Washington DC that have contacted us or come into the store. We hired another manager and I will probably only be there this year on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

To answer Kellsox, for most players we anticipate 8 jerseys or less sold to the public. The exception may be Wei-Yin Chen as we have a long waiting list and would try to limit his jerseys to games he pitches in.

The Orioles have never had a program to sell game used MLB holo'd jerseys in the past except for special auction jerseys on MLB like "throwbacks". They have sold jerseys at the FanFest but those have been undocumented jerseys.

There is certainly a lot of pent up demand for these and outside of the Manny Machado jerseys I think the prices for all other players are very fair ranging from $750 to $1,500.

geoff
04-09-2013, 02:36 PM
They always have nice stuff and everyone that visits Baltimore should try to stop by the store.Whenever I am in the stadium I always stop in and say hi.