PDA

View Full Version : OK, who's the crazy person on this one?

onlyalbert
04-05-2013, 10:04 PM
https://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=2752

33K and rising!!!! Sumpin aint right!

maverick14
04-05-2013, 10:13 PM
That's a beautiful bat!
I bid on it earlier on but once bidding went over 10k I was out:(:(
Clearly there's at least 2 people who really really want that bat.

KGoldin
04-06-2013, 03:48 AM
crazy? 'something not right'?

watch me on TV
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/why-is-this-baseball-card-worth-at-least-3m-H~CTLtfpTryXJhLa6Y91hg.html

then just say to yourself 'THIS IS THE GUY I NEED TO CONSIGN ALL MY GAME USED PRODUCT TO'
because certainly, Goldin Auctions not only has the customers OUTSIDE THE HOBBY who will buy key game used product, but I will go to great measures to promote it to the wealthy individuals and baseball fans.
before the Jeter bat was on TV bidding was about $7500
If i had a collection of key game used stuff i would be emailing the hell out of ken goldin right now to get into the next auction.
and that email is
ken@goldinauctions.com

regards

yanks12025
04-06-2013, 05:32 AM

watch me on TV
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/why-is-this-baseball-card-worth-at-least-3m-H~CTLtfpTryXJhLa6Y91hg.html

then just say to yourself 'THIS IS THE GUY I NEED TO CONSIGN ALL MY GAME USED PRODUCT TO'
because certainly, Goldin Auctions not only has the customers OUTSIDE THE HOBBY who will buy key game used product, but I will go to great measures to promote it to the wealthy individuals and baseball fans.
If i had a collection of key game used stuff i would nbe emailing the hell out of ken goldin right now to get into the next auction.
and that email is
ken@goldinauctions.com

regards

Yeah but knowing my luck, my items would do horrible. Also is the Wagner considered a good price or a bust? Thought it was supposed to go for me.

ChrisCavalier
04-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Also is the Wagner considered a good price or a bust? Thought it was supposed to go for me.
Personally, I would have to say it would be hard to call any baseball card that has sold for more than any other card in history in a public auction anything but a huge success. I know for a fact that a number of the bidders on that card were not hobbyists but people that Goldin reached through its efforts outside the conventional sports memorabilia advertising channels.

That is also why I wasn't totally shocked by the Jeter bat. Obviously a few people who had the resources were exposed to the auction (both CNBC and Bloomberg TV are watched by a strong New York contingent) and decided they wanted that bat which carried historical significance.

As for Ken's post, I have to agree. I would want him promoting my items as well. Speaking of which, the consignment deadline for the next auction is April 15th. If you are interested in consigning anything to the auction, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Chris

onlyalbert
04-06-2013, 10:25 AM

watch me on TV

If i had a collection of key game used stuff i would be emailing the hell out of ken goldin right now to get into the next auction.
and that email is
ken@goldinauctions.com

regards

Ken, I have to say that Jeter bat may be the defining piece of this auction. The consignor should take you out for a steak dinner and a few beers! I thought the bidding would end around 10K. So, let us know when the next auction is scheduled. I may have a few items for you.

otismalibu
04-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Ken went Rickey Henderson at the end of that post.

KGoldin
04-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Ken went Rickey Henderson at the end of that post.

hysterical, i did, didnt I

as far as the T206 Wagner, the same card sold for $500,000 more then it did last time 4 1/2 years ago. A new all time record for a card. It also sold for $300,000 MORe then the 'straight PSA 5' sold for.
When we said 'we expect a record' we meant the 1.62 million at public sale...some news media ran with it as the kendrick 2.8mil private sale of gretzky..and i certainly wasnt going to 'talk the price down' can you imagine if you gave me a Ruth uniform, and i said "oh no, we do not expect it to go THAT HIGH'!
I would have loved $2.3 or $2.4, but my consignor is thrilled with $2.1 and thats what matters

Nnunnari
04-06-2013, 05:55 PM
I thought the Jeter would go for $20-$25k, it's probably the finest Jeter ever offered to the public and people are going a little too nuts over Derek as his career winds down.
What's crazy are Bernie, Jorge and Granderson all going for close to $1k or more. Ken obviously has plenty of Yankee fans in his network who don't check eBay.

ChrisCavalier
04-06-2013, 06:17 PM
hysterical, i did, didn't I
Hey Ken. Didn't you mean to say, "...Ken did, didn't Ken."

maverick14
04-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Hey Ken. Didn't you mean to say, "...Ken did, didn't Ken."

Chris, what's your email for consignment questions?

ChrisCavalier
04-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Chris, what's your email for consignment questions?
Hey Randy,

You can email me at chris@gameuseduniverse.com or chris@goldinauctions.com.

Sincerely,
Chris