PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auctions ... what did you bid on or win, thoughts?

dtmd59
04-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Technically it's still in extended bidding but it looks like some pieces are going for good money...

Wagner card over $2 Million with BP...
http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=1861&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=1909-T206-White-Border-Honus-Wagner-The-%E2%80%9CJumbo%E2%80%9D-Wagner---PSA-EX-5-%28MC%29

Jeter Signed Game Used Bat over $30K with BP...
http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=2752&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=41&seo=Historically-Important-2001-Derek-Jeter-World-Series-Game-Used-and-Signed-Bat-PSA-GU-10

Mariano Game Used (light use as per Steiner) Glove over $10k...
http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=2056&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=122&seo=2008-Mariano-Rivera-Game-Used-Glove-%28Steiner%29

Rickey Henderson WS Game Jersey $7K...
http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=2869&searchby=3&searchvalue=rickey&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=1993-Rickey-Henderson-World-Series-Game-Used-and-Signed-Toronto-Blue-Jays-Jersey-%28MEARS-A-10%29

I was a bidder on the Vlad Guerrero Glove but it's over $2200 with BP (basically 3 times what his gloves have been going for)...
http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=2538&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=122&seo=Vladimir-Guerrero-Game-Used-Circa-2010-Glove

The Vlad Glove is similar in quality to this one which sold 6 months ago for $400. http://www.paragonauctionsite.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=1588

hairyangryfella
04-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Even though I have no spare money and shouldn't be buying ANYTHING, I bid on the Pujols signed game worn glove. Got outbid into extended bidding and am definitely not going back... A little sad to not win as it's an awesome piece, but I really don't have the money to be blowing at the moment...

commando
04-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Can't say I'm surprised at the high bidding levels.... The promoting of the auction was absolutely world-class. It has been a long time since I've seen a sports auction so well-promoted.

Hope everyone here got something they wanted, or sold something for a great price.

solarlottry
04-06-2013, 02:51 AM
I picked up the Joe Montana KC Chiefs practice worn jersey. It was fairly easy to style match it to a number of football cards and I have no doubt that it is a photo match as well. I was outbid close to the end of the auction but because I live in Hawaii, was wide awake and following the lot to the end. I upped my bid and no one else bid thereafter.

I also followed the Steve Young and Montana shirts but the Montana got too rich for my blood. If it did not have any of the inscriptions I would have been more inclined to bid.

I went back and forth regarding the Steve Young but could not come up with a definitive photo match. Too spend almost 10K without a photo match seemed excessive. It mystifies me how MEARS authenticates game worn jerseys but does not provide a photo match. For a shirt like the Young, where the game is available on DVD, nothing less than a photo match is acceptable. I would have been absolutely thrilled to add the Young to my collection as the 49ers only wore that style of shirt for the KC game. Hopefully the new owner will be able to provide the forum with a photo match.

Always buying 49er gamers and ALL 1994 49er game worn jerseys! Looking to add vintage 49er shirts including Clark, Dean, Tyler, Wersching and ANY Steve Young game worn items (USFL especially).

Paying a finders fee of up to 500$ for information that leads to a sale.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Samets
04-06-2013, 06:40 AM
I bid on the Cutler and Peppers jerseys but backed off since both went over what I can pick-up similar jerseys for locally...

mcwbc344
04-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Hate the extended bidding. I got outbid in the very early morning.

dougiedshow
04-06-2013, 07:52 AM
I sent Ken a bunch of stuff, happy with sale prices overall. All in, my items brought 21% more than MY pre auction estimate. I will keep sending my stuff!

CPuente57
04-06-2013, 08:48 AM
I won the Kobe Jersey, so I'm pretty happy about that

yanks12025
04-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Can't say I'm surprised at the high bidding levels.... The promoting of the auction was absolutely world-class. It has been a long time since I've seen a sports auction so well-promoted.

Hope everyone here got something they wanted, or sold something for a great price.

Anthony,
Can you email me at boblee89@yahoo.com. Thanks

42itus
04-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Picked up my first Romo gamer!

earlywynnfan
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Picked this up because nobody else wanted it. Guess I overpaid, but Vizquel is my favorite current (or recently current) player.

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=2541

Ken

rjdgonebats
04-06-2013, 01:07 PM
I wish Ken, would change the auction closing after 9pm to the individual lot and not the entire auction. It just rewards people who never sleep. I think the 15 minute rule would then be fine.

cjackson35
04-06-2013, 01:24 PM
I picked up the Deion Sanders game worn and signed cleats. Very happy about it since I didnt own any of his cleats. I have 4 of his jerseys, a bat, a glove and now the cleats. So all is right with the world.

However, I never received the $25 credit for being on GUU. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on how I can receive it since I now need to pay for my item?

Thanks!

ChrisCavalier
04-06-2013, 01:55 PM
However, I never received the $25 credit for being on GUU. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on how I can receive it since I now need to pay for my item?

Thanks!
Hello Robert,

I posted a response to the same question on another thread but I realize not everyone saw it. Please feel free to contact Goldin Auctions and let them know you are a member of Game Used Universe. They can contact me to verify your membership and you will get the credit.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
Chris

short84
04-06-2013, 02:14 PM
I received mine and almost threw it away. I thought it was an advertisement for an upcoming auction -- thank goodness I took the time to take a closer look. I never did receive a catalog; however.

cjackson35
04-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Chris - thanks for the information regarding the credit. It was a great auction - glad to be a part of it.

ChrisCavalier
04-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Chris - thanks for the information regarding the credit. It was a great auction - glad to be a part of it.
Thanks Robert. We will certainly pass that on to all the people who worked so hard to make the auction happen.

Sincerely,
Chris

Vikings_Collector
04-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Hello Robert,

I posted a response to the same question on another thread but I realize not everyone saw it. Please feel free to contact Goldin Auctions and let them know you are a member of Game Used Universe. They can contact me to verify your membership and you will get the credit.

Sincerely,
Chris

I bid on the Christian Ponder jersey and I'm surprised I won it. I thought it would go for more, as another away jersey recently sold on another auction site for several hundred more.

Chris, thank you for this info. I too did not receive the gift certificate, so I will contact Goldin.

KGoldin
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I picked up the Joe Montana KC Chiefs practice worn jersey. It was fairly easy to style match it to a number of football cards and I have no doubt that it is a photo match as well. I was outbid close to the end of the auction but because I live in Hawaii, was wide awake and following the lot to the end. I upped my bid and no one else bid thereafter.

I also followed the Steve Young and Montana shirts but the Montana got too rich for my blood. If it did not have any of the inscriptions I would have been more inclined to bid.

I went back and forth regarding the Steve Young but could not come up with a definitive photo match. Too spend almost 10K without a photo match seemed excessive. It mystifies me how MEARS authenticates game worn jerseys but does not provide a photo match. For a shirt like the Young, where the game is available on DVD, nothing less than a photo match is acceptable. I would have been absolutely thrilled to add the Young to my collection as the 49ers only wore that style of shirt for the KC game. Hopefully the new owner will be able to provide the forum with a photo match.

Always buying 49er gamers and ALL 1994 49er game worn jerseys! Looking to add vintage 49er shirts including Clark, Dean, Tyler, Wersching and ANY Steve Young game worn items (USFL especially).

Paying a finders fee of up to 500$ for information that leads to a sale.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

PAUL: its too bad you didnt bid on that Young jersey, or at least EMAIL ME.
That jersey was acquired by the Score Board in in 1994 as part of its contract for all game used 49ers equipment in 94 and 95. When we sent it to Troy, he emailed me and said 'i cant photo match it' i said 'keep trying' and then my consignor pointed out he had purchased TWO JERSEYS from the same game from Score Board both Steve Young so he must have switched jerseys at the half. Troy wrote me a long email, and attached several pictures photomatching the jersey. His email was so overflowing emotionally because I guess he hears stories like that all the time, and to deal with me, and be told something, research it and find it to be true was very refreshing for him. It is saved in my office computer along with the irrefutable photo matches to the game and i will post them in this thread when at the office

Also, I will warn everyone up front that we plan on cutting off consignments for or next auction within 2-3 weeks as we have a large player collection already in house and need to get cracking.
thank you!
Ken Goldin
ken@goldinauctions.com

Mulligans
04-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Picked up my first Romo gamer!

The Romo is sweet with some great photo matches......nice pickup.

CollectGU
04-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I was very impressed with how can handled and marketed this auction. It reflects in many of the prices realized. Kudos.

If you have a high end item, i don't see another auction house out there right now getting you the kind of media coverage Ken is getting.

Nnunnari
04-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Anyone on here win the Brees jersey? I was outbid.

42itus
04-07-2013, 12:54 AM
I picked up the Deion Sanders game worn and signed cleats. Very happy about it since I didnt own any of his cleats. I have 4 of his jerseys, a bat, a glove and now the cleats. So all is right with the world.

Thanks!

I ALMOST bid on those. Can you post photos when you receive it? I would love to see it in more detail. I specifically want to see the tongues are embroidered "Prime" and "Time". Great pickup!

42itus
04-07-2013, 12:55 AM
The Romo is sweet with some great photo matches......nice pickup.

Thanks! I'm very excited about it.

perlman9
04-07-2013, 05:51 AM
I went for the opening of the Plaxico jersey but was outbid.

Tallyman77
04-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Does anyone know the consignment deadline for the next Goldin's Auction and the auction date?

Thanks!

-Walt

Tallyman77

cjackson35
04-07-2013, 07:11 AM
I will definitely post pics of the cleats online when they are received. I was happy with the price as they were the third Deion item I have bought the past month or so. Out of money now! I will likely be posting pics of my entire Deion collection for those that are fans of Prime Time.

Guess now its on to SCP Auctions and Grey Flannel's auction!

ChrisCavalier
04-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know the consignment deadline for the next Goldin's Auction and the auction date?
Hello Walt,

The consignment deadline for the next auction will be on, or around, April 15th. We are in the process of finalizing the auction close date but I believe it will likely be in June.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions about potential consignments and I will be happy to answer them for you. You can email me at Chris@gameuseduniverse.com or Chris@goldinauctions.com

Sincerely,
Chris

Takuleechch
04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks! I'm very excited about it.

Hey 42itus shoot me an email

Maceokina@hotmail.com

42itus
04-08-2013, 02:34 AM
Hey 42itus shoot me an email

Maceokina@hotmail.com

Jordan, it's me Tom. The one that's been eyeing your cleats. I passed on the auction cleats, but I couldn't pass on the Romo. I have to wait until my next purchase. Adding too much too fast to the collection raises a whole bunch of red flags with the old ball and chain.

short84
04-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Aaaah, that's not very nice.

GMEN92
04-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Hello Walt,

The consignment deadline for the next auction will be on, or around, April 15th. We are in the process of finalizing the auction close date but I believe it will likely be in June.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions about potential consignments and I will be happy to answer them for you. You can email me at Chris@gameuseduniverse.com or Chris@goldinauctions.com

Sincerely,
Chris

SENT YOU A EMAIL CHRIS .. THANKS

esquiresports
04-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Sadly didn't win anything. Got outbid on the Formula 1 brake clock and the perfect game ball signed by 13 players. At "only" $1,300, this was a steal compared to the $15,000 one signed by 18 players brought. All the additional signatures are from post-2000 perfect games and could be added to the $1,300 ball with a little effort! I should have made a stronger run on this one but have my eye on something that is going to deplete my bank account if I get it.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
04-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Grabbed the GU signed Brandon Phillips 2012 bat...photo matched to 5/5/12 my youngest sons birthdate! Was pretty excited...now have Phillips & Votto bats from that day as well as gu lineup card.

JackHE
04-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Picked up the Howie Long jersey. Went a bit higher than I thought though.

ChrisCavalier
04-10-2013, 08:55 AM
SENT YOU A EMAIL CHRIS .. THANKS
Hey Mike,

I sent you a reply. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks,
Chris

KGoldin
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Esquire: I took significant note on those perfect game balls as well.
I must say, if i was NOT CEO of Goldin auctions, I would have bought every perfect game ball in that auction that had catfish Hunter, and made it my lifes work to get everyone else on it, and then re-consign to Goldin Auctions as soon as completed. There were 4 different people who were aggressively going after that ball BEYOND the $10,000 range.

Obviously a lot of people on our list want to own something 'complete' and are not concerned about paying for it without the hassle. I believe in our June auction there is going to be a perfect game ball with Hunter on it already.
good luck

GMEN92
04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Hey Mike,

I sent you a reply. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes sir!! Thanks

1929tudor
04-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Chris, I never did receive the 25.00 gift cert from Goldin. Were those mailed out? Definitly had my info updated on GUU so just was wondering. Thanks Keith Janosky

ChrisCavalier
04-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Chris, I never did receive the 25.00 gift cert from Goldin. Were those mailed out? Definitly had my info updated on GUU so just was wondering. Thanks Keith Janosky
Hello Keith,

I posted this a couple of times previously. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions:

"I posted a response to the same question on another thread but I realize not everyone saw it. Please feel free to contact Goldin Auctions and let them know you are a member of Game Used Universe. They can contact me to verify your membership and you will get the credit.

Sincerely,
Chris"

Mulligans
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I won the Rory McIlroy Signed Official Tournament Scorecards from the 2009 PGA Championship....I also had the pleasure of selling 4 Football Jerseys.

Vikings_Collector
04-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Never got my gift certificate so I just paid for my jersey. No one ever replied to me about that either...

KGoldin
04-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Vikings
1. email ken@goldinauctions.com and copy rex@goldinauctions.com regarding this

2 I think the US post office sucks. we sent out 8500 postcards to GUU members , these were the coupons. It is obviously a certain percentage were not delivered.

3. in your case, email us so we know who you are, and we will include a $25 check when we ship your order

4. i pride myself as someone who responds perrsonally to every single email in lightening speed. My wife hates it, because i will do it at 930pm on a saturday night at dinner table, and sometimes at a red light while driving. HOWEVER, if there was ever a week in my life where I was going to miss an email, it would be this week. I you want to know how to get over 1000 emails a day (no exaggeration)...i can tell you, sell a baseball card for $2.1 million and have your name printed in every paper in America, and on every news broadcast. The emails i get range from interview requests, to consignment requests, to free appraisal requests, to 100s of people a week with T206 reprint cards thinking they discovered the next Wagner...
...so, if i EVER IN MY LIFE was going to overlook an email, it would have been this week...so sorry!

Ken

Vikings_Collector
04-13-2013, 11:32 AM
I emailed Mr. Goldin and he responded immediately. Thank you sir. My package shipped about 24 hours after I made payment. He is going to make sure this matter is taken care of. Thank you again. This is great customer service!

ChrisCavalier
04-13-2013, 01:03 PM
4. i pride myself as someone who responds perrsonally to every single email in lightening speed. My wife hates it, because i will do it at 930pm on a saturday night at dinner table, and sometimes at a red light while driving. HOWEVER, if there was ever a week in my life where I was going to miss an email, it would be this week. I you want to know how to get over 1000 emails a day (no exaggeration)...i can tell you, sell a baseball card for $2.1 million and have your name printed in every paper in America, and on every news broadcast. The emails i get range from interview requests, to consignment requests, to free appraisal requests, to 100s of people a week with T206 reprint cards thinking they discovered the next Wagner...
...so, if i EVER IN MY LIFE was going to overlook an email, it would have been this week...so sorry!
Ken
You can add 'Consignment Directors' to Ken's list of people constantly contacting him. I can tell you that I send him quite a few emails EVERY DAY and Ken is amazing about responding about as quickly as anyone I have ever met. I think it is incredible even though I can certainly understand his wife's frustration :)

It does not surprise me that he treats the person contacting him about a $25 certificate the same way he treats consignor whose card he sold for $2.1 million.

-Chris

42itus
04-14-2013, 12:45 AM
I didn't read the fine print, but all I did was deduct $25 from the final price w/ buyer's premium and include the postcard. I am assuming I will be contacted if I did something wrong.

short84
04-14-2013, 07:16 AM
I agree with the comment about the post office. I never did receive my catalog and I registered in February. I am certain either someone in the post office decided they wanted it or it was delivered to the wrong address and who ever got it decided I wouldn't miss it.

KGoldin
04-14-2013, 09:20 AM
I didn't read the fine print, but all I did was deduct $25 from the final price w/ buyer's premium and include the postcard. I am assuming I will be contacted if I did something wrong.

PERFECT
Exactly correct

ctguy212003
04-17-2013, 07:51 PM
I will say this. I'm pretty new to this hobby(2 years) and have consigned many items to other auctions but goldin is by far A+ in my book. The fees are very reasonable and for the owner (Ken) to answer every email within an hour I sent and even come on our forum speaks volumes on his work ethic. Can't wait for Junes auction!!!

Vikings_Collector
04-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Got my jersey in! It's a great piece! Looks like it may have been worn in multiple games, not just one! I will confirm this soon! Thank you Goldin Auctions!