PDA

View Full Version : Getting GU items Autographed whats best to use?

emst51
03-30-2013, 08:04 PM
So in effort to build up my man cave I plan on going to watch the Gwinnett Braves when they come to Indy at the end of April. I normally go to all 4 games. This trip im stepping up my game a little bit. Im taking 8 8x10s, 3 Jerseys, 2 bats probably 3 ROMLBs and a Jose Constanza Printing Plate and Locker Tag and 4 Gwinnett Braves programs .

So ive got 2 Jose Constana Jerseys and a Jordan Parraz jersey I plan on taking. I decieded to get a Silver Deco paint pen. I tested a pen on a old ball it seemed to dry fairly quick but a day later it still smeared some. Will the jersey dry as quick or will it take longer?

My next question is about a game used bat one is a natrual finish the other is Hornsby. I also bought a Blue Deco pen just in case. My question is will a blue Sharpie work ok on the Natural bat? So for the Hornsby bat being brown Silver wont look great. My question is are Gold Sharpies good or are they like the Silver ones? Also how does paint stand up? Will it stand up good or will it chip pff?

My last concern is about new ROML balls and game used balls. Two years ago I got a personalized ball Jason Heyward. But the signature didnt take good. I dont know if grease snd oils on my hand caused it(I always do my best to keep my fingers on the seams) So was it me or just a bad ball. Keep in mind I only use ROMLBs with Bic Ultra Round Sticks. Also is there anything I can do the clean a ball or anything to make them smoother for a crisper signature?

I know I recently just 2 different Uni-Ball Pens. First was a Vision. I liked the color but it seemed to dry slow and still wanted to smear 5 miniets later. Also if you wrote slow it seemed to blot up a little. After reading online a little I picked up a Uni-Ball Jetstream and it seamed to be alot like my Round sticks and for they money I didnt impress me. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks

Preston
03-30-2013, 10:58 PM
My opinion on game used balls - don't get those signed. For bats, helmets and jerseys - decocolor paint pens.

emst51
03-30-2013, 11:24 PM
I dont normaly get game used balls signed but I got a couple Triple A balls I got a ball pitched by Julio Teheranid like to get signed at some point. I got a ball that Randall Delgado pitched last year signed and it actually looks real good. If im lucky ill get one pitched Sean Gilmartin.

Clemson2004
03-31-2013, 03:07 AM
From my experience, if you get anything signed, take pictures of everything. Also if at all possible create some sort of certificate describing what is being signed and who signed it on what date, witnesses, etc and also take pictures of that. I do that so that if anyone asks, or if you ever try to sell (god forbid :)..) you will have proof without a doubt. I had some stuff signed and had a certificate signed as well with pictures of him signing both and documented the items with the imperfections and what not and had them also on the certificate.

It might be overkill, but lineage of ownership and documentation means everything. More proof for each item will clear the doubt.

Preston
03-31-2013, 08:02 PM
On bats that are black of course deco paint pen (silver) ...for ones that are "tan" or "brown" I use a black Sharpie and they tend to work just fine.

As far as baseballs I am not sure as I've had horrible luck even w/ real OMLBs w/ a few having faded despite doing everything and using the correct pen.