PDA

View Full Version : Pro bowl tomlinson jersey signed

trelude
03-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Hello i have a guy selling a pro bowl Tomlinson signed jersey it looks correct to me and has the berlin tag inside but im on the fence he wants $300. Hows the auto look?

Mulligans
03-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Are you expecting it to be LTs GU Jersey or just a signed "pro cut"? I would think something GU would sell for substantially more than $300. I am not very good on signatures but you should be able to find plenty to compare to on line.....good luck.

trelude
03-28-2013, 08:37 PM
From what hes told me it wasn't used its in mint condition. I dont know if its 100% authentic. I just saw one that sold on ebay that's identical but size 52 and the one i am interested in is size 50. The tags look correct and i researched he did wear size 48 and 50. I think they were only given 2 jerseys and a practice jersey. If the signature looks good id be a little more confident in it but of course he has no coa.

plinvestments
03-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Signature is good

Mulligans
03-29-2013, 05:03 AM
If the signature is good and you like it, $300 sounds like a good price to me. It looks like a great Jersey for framing......just be cautious in thinking that you might have 1 of 2 Jerseys made for the game......typically these Jerseys are produced in large quantities.

trelude
03-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Would it still be authentic? Even if it was made in large quantities or am i looking at a Chinese Jersey? It does have the Berlin tag. Thanks for the responses so far!
Trevor

ousooner_85
03-29-2013, 09:51 AM
If you could add some more pictures of the jersey, tagging, etc. it would be helpful for others to give you more accurate information. At that price I doubt it would be a true team game used/issued jersey but crazier things have happened. Posting more pictures should clear everything up for you.

trelude
03-29-2013, 10:38 AM
some of the jersey pics

trelude
03-29-2013, 10:40 AM
jersey tags

Mulligans
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Most Tomlinson's I have seen have cuffed elastic sleeves and a shortened elastic waist band.....yours does not appear to have that. Heck.....LT's signature probably cost close to $300 so its still a cool Jersey.....I don't think its a knock off, I just don't think its team issued.

ousooner_85
03-29-2013, 12:10 PM
It's not a game used or team issued jersey, I think as long you are aware of that its just a matter of whether you like the jersey.

scottishcowboy41
03-29-2013, 12:18 PM
I had one of these Pro Bowl jerseys a good few years ago, in white and was for Cowboys former strong safety #31 Roy Williams. I got it on Ebay very cheaply (sub $100) and it came from China or Korea if I remember right. It was about 6 or 7 years ago at least. It was very heavyweight, everything was stitched in and had the Berlin tag etc. I thought it was amazing at the time. In hindsight, I believe it was a genuine blank NFL game jersey that was extremely well customized to replicate the Pro Bowl jerseys of that year. It had no size or year tags in the collar, same as with the one you are considering. There were loads of these on Ebay at that time with different players available and in red or white, dependent on Conference. I don't have any photo's of it now.

Now I could be 100% wrong and this could be legit. I'm sure each player must only get issued a couple of jerseys for the Pro Bowl so I wouldn't image there would be loads of the same jersey manufactured for each player. The few jerseys produced for each player must be like gold dust to the players themselves, never mind us collectors, so very few must ever be put up for sale. (The 2012 Heath Miller at that NY thrift store is an extreme exceptional case!) There were photo's of a 2012 Broncos Pro Bowl jersey and a Bills one too uploaded onto the forum recently. They are stunning and while they are issued I bet you they cost 10 times $300 each, without being signed.

Can't advise about the signature.

trelude
03-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Why would it be made in Wis.? If its not game or team issued wouldnt it be fake if it has all those tags?

Mulligans
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Its tough to know without actually holding the jersey, but it does not appear to be fake to me.....These Pro Cut/Issued Jerseys were readily available from Reebok and the NFL and specifically NFL Auctions. Have you checked out the year and compared it to the jerseys on Getty from that year? If so, are they even close to a game jersey?

There is a member Joel on the Forum who sells a lot of this style, maybe he could lend a hand on Berlin tagging.... style, location, date etc?

Hope that helps a little, but unfortunately its not a perfect science......

trelude
03-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks for all the replys guys!

paul457
03-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Be careful on these ProBowl jerseys, I've found many of them to be fakes. Not saying this one is because I can't see the detail in the pictures, but check the patches and the stitching / embroidery. On the fakes I've encountered the NFL shield is poorly stitched - like the stars on the shield don't look like stars, the tops of the crest aren't pointed, and the NFL writing is skewed. On the team patches, if the lettering is joined by a single stitch, it's generally a fake.

Also check the NFL logo / shield ghosted into the red fabric. On the fakes I've seen the football doesn't have pointed ends and the stitching lines aren't crisp / defined. The football looks more like a hamburger.

Hope that helps.

Vikings_Collector
03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
It looks to be team issued, and that it didn't go through the specific cut LT prefers. A nice jersey at that price. I'd jump on it if I were you.