PDA

View Full Version : Lets see your Matt Adams Cardinals stuff!

onlyalbert
03-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Here is my latest pickup from the team store. His 2012 rookie road helmet. I think I have it matched to his final road trip in KC before he got sent back down. Hope he sticks with the team after ST. He tears it up everywhere he goes. I know there has to be more stuff of his out there.....so lets see it. Want to see pics of his 2012 ST jersey. Anyone know where it went?

MLB~NUT
03-19-2013, 12:39 AM
love that kid... hope he sticks around!

onlyalbert
03-20-2013, 09:57 AM
love that kid... hope he sticks around!

No more Cedeno, so I think he has a spot on the bench. Once the injury bug hits and MM wants to rest some players I see him getting a lot of ABs this year! He can rake!

MLB~NUT
03-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah, Adam'sis a BEAST!!!:D

onlyalbert
06-01-2013, 11:48 AM
New pickups from the team store. Never seen a charcoal colored Marucci. Anyone know the actual name of that finish? The top bat has a small 23 on the knob for Freese use. Lets see some other stuff!

maverick14
06-01-2013, 12:02 PM
LOVE the charcoal finish, sweet bat.
You have a pic of the entire bat?

GoDodgers32
06-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Wow, love the look of that charcoal finish!

onlyalbert
06-29-2013, 05:18 PM
This past Monday I had the opportunity to meet Matt Adams at a private signing at Collectors Corner in OFallon, IL. I would like to personally thank the owner, Jim Miller, for giving me the chance to be there as the shop was clsoed to the public. Jim has an amazing inventory and some really cool player signings. Check it out if you get a chance.

Got to talk baseball and life with Matt for about 45 mins as he signed. Showed him some of my recent findings of his. Talk about a great kid. He couldn't have been nicer and more accomodating. Found out some cool insights into the players and their tendencies. An all-around neat experience that you don't get everyday.

maverick14
06-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Awesome collection!!
The gold ink looks great on those bats, not to mention you have pretty much every important milestone (up to now) with those bats.
Thanks for sharing.

onlyalbert
06-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Awesome collection!!
The gold ink looks great on those bats, not to mention you have pretty much every important milestone (up to now) with those bats.
Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, now if I can just get my hands on that 2-tone SAM bat he just hit 2 HRs today with!

Klattsy
06-30-2013, 07:31 PM
onlyalbert - did you use a DecoColour pen on the bats? Fine tip?

Thanks,

onlyalbert
06-30-2013, 09:28 PM
onlyalbert - did you use a DecoColour pen on the bats? Fine tip?

Thanks,

The gold was a Pilot and the black and silver were Uni. All were medium tip. The medium tip is ok if they sign big, but I feel the fine tip is too thin. Wish they had something in the middle. I think they turned out ok though. Any other suggestions?

onlyalbert
09-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Anyone else think we should just let Allen Craig heal fully, and take his time coming back? First base is in good hands. 2013 uncracked and hammered.

murfsteve25
09-26-2013, 06:28 PM
This past Monday I had the opportunity to meet Matt Adams at a private signing at Collectors Corner in OFallon, IL. I would like to personally thank the owner, Jim Miller, for giving me the chance to be there as the shop was clsoed to the public. Jim has an amazing inventory and some really cool player signings. Check it out if you get a chance.

I live in O'Fallon and go to that store from time to time. They have some cool stuff.

cpdinc
09-30-2013, 05:30 PM
I recently purchased this bat along one almost exactly like it. The other one does not have any tape above the knob. It's a really nice bat - uncracked with quite a bit of game use.

flota89
09-30-2013, 07:43 PM
If you want to sell one of your Adams bats, I'd be interested. My email is posted below.

onlyalbert
10-19-2013, 04:18 PM
New package arrived last week! And a shot of all of them together. He has been through quite the variety. Last year he prefered MAX bat, but his year he has been pretty loyal to Marucci and lately only the 2-tone version. The top bat was used in the 2011 AFL. All others are 2012 and 2013. Keep swinging Big City!!!! Bring that WS back to STL!

gorphils
10-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Great collection! Im a big fan of his as well. Probably will never get any of his game used..lol

onlyalbert
11-14-2013, 10:10 PM
What a way to end the season of Adams pickups! These came indirectly from Matt himself. The batting gloves and cleats are the last of the season which means playoffs and WS. I have a style match on both for the playoffs. He wore another pair of cleats for the WS though, and I just missed on those. But the highlight is the glove. Matt said he started breaking in this glove late last season (AAA) and used only this glove for the entire year including playoffs and WS. Said he didn't need it anymore since Rawlings gave him 3 new ones to break in over the Winter for next year. I was happy to take it off his hands. He wouldn't say what the CJS #3 was for (personal), and I just noticed the "FI". Gonna ask him aobut that too. When I get some time I will match the glove to some WS game pics.

MLB~NUT
11-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Awesome Pick ups Jason, Congrats....:)

onlyalbert
12-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Was going through some Adams stuff on ebay and found a listing for autographed photos. Saw this photo and recognized it had to be from the 2011 AFL.....based on the hats of the players in the background, his uni number, and no fans in the stands....Remembered that I had an AFL bat of his. Think I have a match.

coophallmonitor
01-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Just thought I'd add to the group of Adams stuff. Pics of cleats, gloves, and a bat from the 2013 season...

Cleats:

coophallmonitor
01-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Bat was used on 5/25/13 against LA. Shows some nice use...

coophallmonitor
01-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Gloves:

onlyalbert
01-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Bart, very nice.....love that bat! Was it in pieces when you got it? I remember one game, but I think it was later in the year, he was using an all black Marucci, struck out, and slammed the bat to the ground in several pieces.

coophallmonitor
01-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks Jason. No, it was just cracked. No major breaks. Though I do have a 2013 Beltran that was in three different pieces when I picked it up!

onlyalbert
01-11-2014, 11:09 PM
NLDS GM 4. The playoff balls had silver/gray ink this year. You can see that color transfer on the bat. So far, the only playoff bat sold by the team. Hope there are some more at the WWU next weekend!

coophallmonitor
01-12-2014, 06:09 AM
Nice find as always! I would imagine there will be some good stuff at WWU next week. Looking forward to it...

onlyalbert
01-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Here's what I found out on my Adams WS bat. The bat was auth to game 4. He broke a bat in NLCS gm 5 on his second AB. I think he started using this bat for his final 2 ABs of NLCS gm 5. I have it matched to his second and fourth AB of NLCS gm 6. I think I also have it matched to WS gm 2 first and second AB, also WS gm 3 his fourth AB, and WS gm 4 his second AB. The auth doesn't say when he broke it which is strange, but I have a theory. On his third AB he struck out looking. I think he went to the dugout and whacked the bat on the step or something because there is a big gash in the bat barrel, and in his fourth AB of gm 4 he is using another bat. If all of this is true, then he used this bat to get all 3 of his WS hits before breaking it.

onlyalbert
01-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Here are some pics of the bat. You can see the gray/silver marks from the playoff balls as well as numerous gold marks from the WS balls.

jlengeli
01-28-2014, 12:36 PM
I'd say your theory is spot on. The dugout steps are green, too, are they not?

onlyalbert
01-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Picked this bat up late in the season with a few others indirectly from Matt. It was signed when I got it so hard to see the streak above the inscription, but matched to a single on 9-6-13. Always cool to see turf embedded in the pine tar.

onlyalbert
01-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Hats off to Smitty for the idea and help. The bookcase came from Walmart. $61 delivered. Only took about 30 mns. to put up. First 2 jerseys are WS issued and the last one is his true rookie 2012 set 2. The bats are his NLDS and WS. Fielding glove was used all season including WS. The batting helmet is from 2012. The hat is actually CCarp's last home hat that was used in the postseason 2012. Threw it in there for looks. And the other one is Adams' minor league All Star hat. For the money, I think it looks so nice I might just order another one to fill up. Still looking for a locker room folding chair if anyone knows of any.

coophallmonitor
02-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Hats off to Smitty for the idea and help. The bookcase came from Walmart. $61 delivered. Only took about 30 mns. to put up. First 2 jerseys are WS issued and the last one is his true rookie 2012 set 2. The bats are his NLDS and WS. Fielding glove was used all season including WS. The batting helmet is from 2012. The hat is actually CCarp's last home hat that was used in the postseason 2012. Threw it in there for looks. And the other one is Adams' minor league All Star hat. For the money, I think it looks so nice I might just order another one to fill up. Still looking for a locker room folding chair if anyone knows of any.

That is an awesome set up. I may have to do something similar myself. .. Very nice!

coophallmonitor
02-01-2014, 06:59 AM

Who's red cleats are those on the left?

jlengeli
02-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Looks amazing, Jason! Congrats and nice work!

onlyalbert
02-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Who's red cleats are those on the left?

Those are Chris Carpenter from 2005 CY year.

coophallmonitor
02-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Those are Chris Carpenter from 2005 CY year.

Nice!

MLB~NUT
02-03-2014, 01:24 AM

Looks great, gotta get some plexiglass glass or glass door to keep away the Dust!;)

onlyalbert
02-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Looks great, gotta get some plexiglass glass or glass door to keep away the Dust!;)

Plexiglass!!!....for dust?......what the heck did I get married for?!! LOL :D

dmb71vw
02-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Anyone have a Matt Adams bat they would sell?

onlyalbert
02-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Here's a couple more bats from the WWU a few weeks ago. Can anyone say they have 2 different bats used in the same game from their player? This all black SAM bat is authenticated to being broken in this AB where he tied the game with a single. So in his next AB he picked up the red label Marucci and hit his 15th HR to give the Cards the lead. The bullpen blew the lead in the ninth, but the Cards came back to win in 10 thanks to Matt's contributions. Then on the next day he batted in the first inning and hit his 16th HR. I'm pretty sure the blue mark I have circled is the HR he hit the night before as it is not on the bat in the pics of that game.

Sotystl
02-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Here's a couple more bats from the WWU a few weeks ago. Can anyone say they have 2 different bats used in the same game from their player? This all black SAM bat is authenticated to being broken in this AB where he tied the game with a single. So in his next AB he picked up the red label Marucci and hit his 15th HR to give the Cards the lead. The bullpen blew the lead in the ninth, but the Cards came back to win in 10 thanks to Matt's contributions. Then on the next day he batted in the first inning and hit his 16th HR. I'm pretty sure the blue mark I have circled is the HR he hit the night before as it is not on the bat in the pics of that game.

LOVE that sam bat. Awesome pickups.

coophallmonitor
02-13-2014, 05:51 PM

Great research! Very nice...

onlyalbert
05-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Picked up a cool bat at the Cards Care stadium auction on opening day. Bat was used by Matt in game 5 of the NLCS last year. As you can see from the pics it was completely shattered. So, I decided to have it repaired by Jeff Scott of Birdbats and have it re-signed and inscribed. As you can tell by the before and after pics it was a fantastic job by Jeff! I'd recommend him to anyone for a repair hands down!

brianborsch
05-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Nice Adams bat! Keep the collection growing!

onlyalbert
05-05-2014, 10:22 PM
So last week I drove over to STL to meet up with Matt and his agent, and have him sign some stuff for me. The first pic is a run of postseason bats that I have posted before, and the bottom bat is matched to 2 HRs last year. The WS bat is the one he used to get all 3 of his WS hits. The second pic top 2 are this seasons bats from the opening series in Cinn. including his first bat of 2014 with #32 on the knob. It is pretty shattered. The second bat was broken on a single. Kudos and thanks to a fellow forum member for helping me acquire them! The other 2 bats came directly from Matt. Pretty unique to say the least. The company is out of PA, Matt's home state...not sure if that is how they ended up with the nickname on them or what. They both show use but the third bat is game ready with handle tape and shows really good use. Can't say if they have been used in a game or not unless he did, and I thought it was an Axis bat. The logos are similar from a distance. Anyone else seen one like it?

onlyalbert
09-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Here are some detailed pics of my latest. Still working on the photomatches but should be no problem. A buddy has already spoken for the cleats and one of the bats. Couple more great items to come next week! Stay tuned!

Jason
Lakeside62401@hotmail.com

MLB~NUT
09-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Anyone have a Matt Adams bat they would sell?

Ask Jason here, hell he owns all Adams Stuff!:D

onlyalbert
09-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Got this today too. Adams 2009 Johnson City home jersey. Would have to be one of his first pro jerseys.

joelsabi
09-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Here are some detailed pics of my latest. Still working on the photomatches but should be no problem. A buddy has already spoken for the cleats and one of the bats. Couple more great items to come next week! Stay tuned!

Jason
Lakeside62401@hotmail.com

Jason,

is there a reason why Adam's bwp bats are longer than the marucci bats he uses?

onlyalbert
09-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Jason,

is there a reason why Adam's bwp bats are longer than the marucci bats he uses?

Joel, they are the same length of 34 inches. I think it was just the angle I took the pic. I was standing. Optical illusion.

onlyalbert
10-08-2014, 11:21 PM
A great friend and fellow member picked this up for me in a stadium auction early in the season. It was missing the 3 on the back and the STL logo on the front. Took me all summer to track those down, but the resto is complete! Thought it was just worn in the home games but then found out they took the red home helmets to Boston too. Makes it Matt's only WS helmet......so far!

sox83cubs84
10-09-2014, 05:33 PM
A great friend and fellow member picked this up for me in a stadium auction early in the season. It was missing the 3 on the back and the STL logo on the front. Took me all summer to track those down, but the resto is complete! Thought it was just worn in the home games but then found out they took the red home helmets to Boston too. Makes it Matt's only WS helmet......so far!

That may change in a week or 2.;)

Dave Miedema

dmb71vw
12-26-2014, 09:41 PM
I finally got a Matt Adams game bat.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/dmb71vw/Misc%20Stuff/MattAdamsBat_zpsf9957917.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/dmb71vw/media/Misc%20Stuff/MattAdamsBat_zpsf9957917.jpg.html)

onlyalbert
12-27-2014, 08:21 PM
I finally got a Matt Adams game bat.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/dmb71vw/Misc%20Stuff/MattAdamsBat_zpsf9957917.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/dmb71vw/media/Misc%20Stuff/MattAdamsBat_zpsf9957917.jpg.html)

Nice! Do you know what year?

dmb71vw
12-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Zanebats says 2013 or 2014. With all the markings I would love to photo match it but I have no idea how.

onlyalbert
12-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Zanebats says 2013 or 2014. With all the markings I would love to photo match it but I have no idea how.

What does it say under pro maple 34? Most of the Adams MAX bats I have there is a set of numbers stamped on them. I've never seen him use an all black MAX. He used this model primarily in 2012 during his first call up and those were two toned.

dmb71vw
12-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Ml11-652

seanbaseball
12-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Home run bat off Madison Bumgartner

onlyalbert
12-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Home run bat off Madison Bumgartner

C'mon man, post that photomatch!

seanbaseball
12-28-2014, 07:48 PM
C'mon man, post that photomatch!

Awfully bossy!!!!

onlyalbert
12-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Awfully bossy!!!!

Ok I see how this is gonna go......bring that thing to WWU and I'll snap some pics! 😉

dmb71vw
12-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Onlyalbert, what do the numbers mean you asked for?

onlyalbert
12-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Onlyalbert, what do the numbers mean you asked for?

Don't quote me on this but I have a feeling your bat was made in 2011 and I'm questing prob used very late season possibly Arizona Fall League which ran to mid Nov. or 2012 ST or 2012 minor league. I say this because I have 5 MAX bats of his and the code on all of them is ML12 or PR12. 12 being 2012. One bat is photomatched to his first game/hit, one to his first HR, and one I suspect to his second HR. These are all block letter which adds to yours being 2011 as I have one that is a signature model from late 2012 after, I believe, he signed a contract with them. I have also documented all of his ABs for 2012 with mlbtv and I've never seen an all black MAX. In 2013 he used MAX only sporadically and mostly ST and very early season then switched to Marucci mostly.

dmb71vw
12-31-2014, 12:47 AM
So what exactly does tgat mean. Do you think it is a legit Matt Adams game bat?

onlyalbert
12-31-2014, 01:02 AM
So what exactly does tgat mean. Do you think it is a legit Matt Adams game bat?

Based on the date and the use visible above the stamping I think it was used in BP or late 2011, offseason 2011, ST 2012, or early 2012 before he was called up. Is his number 53 written on the knob or barrel end?

dmb71vw
01-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Nothing in the cupped barrel end and a maxbat logo sticker on the handle knob.

onlyalbert
01-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Nothing in the cupped barrel end and a maxbat logo sticker on the handle knob.

All of his gamer bats have 53 or 32 usually on the knob end and/or barrel end. His Marucci bats come stamped with his number from the factory. I have about 30-35 and his handwriting is easy to spot. Can you tell me the batch numbers after the ML11? I received an email from someone that said they could trace the ship date by the batch numbers. This would at least tell you when it was made/shipped to Matt.

dmb71vw
01-02-2015, 05:26 PM

onlyalbert
01-05-2015, 12:58 PM

Looks like this bat was in an order of 12. 6 were shipped on 7-25-11 and 6 shipped on 8-8-11. He would've received them about 3-4 days later.

dmb71vw
01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
I really wish I knew what this all really meant. This was way more than I have ever paid for a bat and I am thinking I over paid.

onlyalbert
01-05-2015, 08:25 PM
I really wish I knew what this all really meant. This was way more than I have ever paid for a bat and I am thinking I over paid.

Drop me a email real quick if you don't mind.

Nickkaszer18
12-20-2016, 12:02 PM
2013 Rookie season. Slight crack in the handle. Matched to a single off AJ Burnett. Good ball marks with turf stuck in the pine tar.