PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcons early 1990's Russell Athletic Jerseys

cjackson35
03-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Help - I have a game worn black Atlanta Falcons jersey from the early 1990's. The jersey has the Russell Athletic logo above the Falcons logo on each sleeve. I am attempting to photo match and the only game I can find appears to be Falcons versus Cardinals from 1992. Can anyone with extensive knowledge of Falcons jerseys help me identify the actual year that the Russell logo would appear on each sleeve above the Falcons logo?

I have attached the pic that I mentioned above.

Thanks!!

sox83cubs84
03-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Help - I have a game worn black Atlanta Falcons jersey from the early 1990's. The jersey has the Russell Athletic logo above the Falcons logo on each sleeve. I am attempting to photo match and the only game I can find appears to be Falcons versus Cardinals from 1992. Can anyone with extensive knowledge of Falcons jerseys help me identify the actual year that the Russell logo would appear on each sleeve above the Falcons logo?

I have attached the pic that I mentioned above.

Thanks!!

I trolled through Getty and found numerous images of the sleeve arrangement you cite in 1993 photos. 1994 and 1995 had the R in front of the top of the number. Also, 1994 would have the 75th Anniversary NFL patch. I saw one 1995 photo (road jersey) with the R above the number, but that was a lone exception.

Mark Hayne's expertise on Falcons gamers is more advanced than mine. I hope he sees this and offers his own findings on this question.

Dave Miedema

Falcon
03-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Wait for Mark Hayne...he will tell u EVERYTHING u need to know about your jersey!

G1X
03-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Please post photos of the jersey (front, back, both sleeves, and the tags) and I might be able to assist.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net