PDA

View Full Version : Question for new Nike football jersey owners

COWBOYS4EVR
03-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't know how to post the link. But there's a Rogers nike 2012 jersey for
sale on eBay. I'm not a GB fan but noticed on one of the pic's it had the
"Made in Berlin" tag on the inside. Do the new ones have that? I figured Nike was using there own factory's and that wouldn't be there.
Just looking for advise, wanting to pick up my first Nike and just wanna make
sure if on pops up on eBay I don't get swindled.

hockeytigers
03-09-2013, 10:17 PM
I have a Nike jersey from the Lions and it says Made in the USA.

Killa_Bee
03-09-2013, 10:40 PM
It's an authentic game jersey, just nothing to indicate it was ever team issued, likely a sample. Tags look correct, I can double-check on Monday to see what the serial numbers stand for to give you a better idea. Notice it is made in Berlin, Wisconsin... that is where the jersey factory is located so that part is legit.

Flamechicken
03-10-2013, 01:07 AM
It's an authentic game jersey, just nothing to indicate it was ever team issued, likely a sample. Tags look correct, I can double-check on Monday to see what the serial numbers stand for to give you a better idea. Notice it is made in Berlin, Wisconsin... that is where the jersey factory is located so that part is legit.

Do you have access to a database that lists the serial numbers?

It's my understanding that every jersey has a different number.

Mike

Flamechicken
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
In addition, when Nike made the Packers jerseys in the late 90's, they were made in Berlin.

Mike

Killa_Bee
03-10-2013, 01:16 AM
In addition, when Nike made the Packers jerseys in the late 90's, they were made in Berlin.

Mike

Same factory then and now. No access to any database per se, but should be able to find out more about the serial number cadence. If only certain prefixes were assigned for team issued vs samples, etc.

COWBOYS4EVR
03-10-2013, 01:57 AM
The last 5 digits of the serial # are blurred out on the Rodgers
jersey. I just didn't think Nike would use the same tag, in the
same place as Reebok did. I think the 2012 tag is only on the neck
line. Any owners got any inside pics of theirs.

Flamechicken
03-10-2013, 10:19 AM
The tagging is correct for a game issued jersey.

Mike