PDA

View Full Version : ? for Pujols collectors

onlyalbert
03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALBERT-PUJOLS-2010-PSA-10-AUTOGRAPH-AUTO-GAME-USED-BAT-MLB-HOLO-ANGELS-CARDINALS-/160982628787?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257b4ff9b3

Check out this listing. In it the seller says he has heard Pujols marks the ends of his "special" bats sometimes. Has anyone else out there heard of this or have any examples? I have a bat with a :) on it that I have matched to the last weekend series in 09 where he set the record for most assists by a first baseman. It is also photomatched to the 09 NLDS games. He did not hit a HR with the bat though. I also have another 2011 playoff bat that has a small dot on the rim of the handle knob.

Roady
03-01-2013, 12:55 PM
All Pujols bats are special. :)

Sorry, I don't know the answer but just couldn't help myself.

Birdbats would be the one to know.

stlbats
03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
I have heard of Pujols marking bats this way. I have not seen the smiley face before, but have seen several bats that have dots, ect on the knobs. I have also seen some that are marked "Game" on the knobs.

stlbats

onlyalbert
03-02-2013, 11:30 AM
I have heard of Pujols marking bats this way. I have not seen the smiley face before, but have seen several bats that have dots, ect on the knobs. I have also seen some that are marked "Game" on the knobs.

stlbats

I've seen those as well on earlier bats. Pretty sure that the single dot on the bottom of the knob usually corresponds with weight. Like if he has written a 33 or 34 followed by a dot the dot would be 31 oz or 2 dots would be 32 ozs, but I have only seen these with corresponding length numbers....and on early pre-Marucci bats. The Marucci bats have this info stamped so no need for that. So the question is what are the dots for then?

rj_lucas
03-04-2013, 09:04 AM
I can't speak to the knob question, but after reading the listing it seems unlikely to me that any of Albert's All-Star bats are going to 'accidentally' find their way into the secondary market.

Coincidentally, I have the base that was used to set the assists record. Didn't realize you'd matched the bat to that series, that's great.

Rick