PDA

View Full Version : MEARS Practices

tella27
02-28-2013, 08:32 PM
I first want to apologize to the forum members forbacking MEARS on a prior thread that questioned their practices.

I sent a couple items to MEARS to be authenticated andthen sold in their auction that is open at this time (2/22-3/2). One of these items was a Kobe Bryantjersey. When I purchased the Bryant itcame with an opinion of being game issued. I contacted Troy at MEARS and discussed my items prior to sending andasked about the Bryant being gone over by their “experts” and decided on if itwas game issued or game worn since the letter I have is from no one I had heardof. The jersey does have the inventorytag from the NBA but does not show in the Meigray database sine it wasn’t purchasedfrom them. I sent in my items and waitedto hear the outcome on the Bryant jersey but heard nothing. I exchanged a couple emails with Troy in thedays leading up to the auction but still nothing on the jersey. When the auction opened the Bryant was listedas GAME WORN and gave a description of the jersey. The auction had gone 8 days of the 10 whenout of the blue the description of the jersey was changed to GAME ISSUED. When I saw this today I called MEARS to findout what was going on – I was told by the lady in sales she didn’t know why thelisting was changed but its MEARS policy to contact the consignee if anyquestions or changes come up or are going to be made – I was not contacted.

Troy emailed me saying that he found more info on thehistory of the jersey and changed the listing. This “new info” was not shared with me and since its not in the Meigraydatabase outside of Kobe Bryant calling what info trumps the “extensive research”that MEARS does and wouldn’t anythingoutside of Meigray and Bryant be nothing but opinion? Now if the jersey would have been found asgame issued from the beginning I wouldn’t have any issue but it was listed ontheir auction for 8 days of a 10 day auction before the change was made.

Here is the kicker – in an email from Troy after I calledMEARS Troy says that whether the jersey shows light use or not the jersey isstill issued to Bryant and – GET THIS – he doesn’t feel that the change inlisting description will affect the closing value!!?? WHAT?? He’s saying there is not value difference between game used and gameissued?? Not to mention that the jerseywas STILL listed in the GAME USED section.

To me this is very shady and I feel that the only tworeasons this was done was –

First – whatever their “experts” found when they didtheir extensive research was questioned and instead of contacting me to say heywe didn’t do our job and ask me what I wanted to do with the listing they werehoping I wouldn’t notice and the jersey would sell still and they would make15% off something.

Second – this goes along a little with the other threadabout them. They knew from the beginningthat it was only found to be issued but knew that a game worn Kobe Bryantjersey would bring people to the site. After 8 days of running it as GAME WORN they changed the listing to GAMEISSUED with only 2 days left. Thisallowed the traffic to be brought in and to cover themselves they changed itwith 48 hours left and hoped that someone would still bid up the price and theymake 15% of something. The jersey hadbids on it until the change.

Either way its VERY shady on their part and no one willgive me a genuine answer on why this happened or what this “history” they foundis. I had the jersey pulled from theauction and not following the advice of Troy and his thoughts of it selling forthe same amount it would have when listed as GAME WORN..

tella27
02-28-2013, 08:34 PM
sorry about the typos - I was writing while mad and didnt read over it very well...

ChrisCavalier
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
I just deleted a few posts from this thread. Please note the following forum rules:

16. In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

17. It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby. By participating in this forum, you agree to the responsibility of contributing to, and helping to maintain, a positive and constructive environment. Any posts which the Administrator deems as a personal attack or an attempt to unnecessarily discredit others will be subject to the administrative rules of the forum.

A full listing of the forum rules can be found here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=99

In addition, I made a modification to the initial post as I believe it also was not in accordance with the rule above. Please note if anyone wants to post on this thread, or on the site in general, it is expected that the forum rules be followed and, if not, appropriate steps may be taken by the administrators.

As always, if anyone cares to email me directly with any questions they can do so at chris@gameuseduniverse.com

Thanks,
Chris

mickeymbz
02-28-2013, 09:25 PM
"This “new info” was not shared with me and since its not in the Meigraydatabase outside of Kobe Bryant calling what info trumps the “extensive research”that MEARS does and wouldn’t anythingoutside of Meigray and Bryant be nothing but opinion?"

If you look at any of their (so-called) LOA's they are all "opinion" letters..as are all LOA's ,,,i believe the only one that stands only is Meigray who uses actually use the term "game worn" ..thus a TRUE loa.

yanks12025
02-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Nice to see my post get deleted. I figured it would be good for the forum to know a member who alters game use and protect them in the future. But I guess you think it's better for them not to know and then get ripped off.

trsent
02-28-2013, 09:41 PM
That came over wrong, let me try it again:

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:37 PM
To: Joel Alpert
Subject: help

Joel,

Please print this on my behalf as I cannot log onto the GUF forum.

This week, after the auction was in progress, information was brought to my attention regarding the origin of the Kobe Bryant jersey that was consigned by Kris Klarner.

I was informed that the jersey was previously sold with the following description,

“This jersey was sold as game issued by Dan Ceniceros at DC Sports. When Dan sold it, it was crisp and factory fresh. It had no wear and no fabric pulls. In the eBay auction, the seller posted the letter from DC Sports. So it appears that the seller washed the jersey a bunch of times, and added "manufactured wear" in the form of fabric pulls, etc.”

I was unaware of the background of the jersey and I had not read the thread above. Once I was provided this information, I amended the description. This was not acceptable to Kris so I offered to return the jersey.

My comment regarding the value of the jersey was based on the facts that this jersey has been discussed, previously, and now recently on GUF.
A Kobe Bryant “game issue” jersey is worth approximately $800-$900, and it was my opinion it would have sold for that amount with the amended description.

I am not certain how the fact that the jersey is out of the auction will change the actual value or the history of the jersey. It cannot now be auctioned in another auction as “game worn” without being disclosed. The facts of the jersey revert back to its history.

I do apologize to the buying public for offering this jersey and not discovering the original history. Kris Klarner did tell me that there was a difference of opinion regarding the wear, but did not make it clear to me to the extent of the differences between the jersey in its current state and the description provided in the original post. I would not have accepted the jersey if I had known the total background story, and again, I apologize for not finding the post which offered the jerseys’ history.

Once I was aware of complete background, I thought it was only responsible to remove any game worn reference from the listing. This is something that infuriated Kris Klarner. I apologize to you for not communicating better to make you aware of my intentions. I truly thought it would not affect the final price.

Finally, I want to address the Green Bay Packers jersey that has been debated on GUF. We have a new writer/authenticator that has filled the position of a more experienced writer that has left MEARS and taken a position with another auction house.

Items valued at less than $500 are not generally inspected by me. I have noted that many have concerns over some of the descriptions recently offered by MEARS. I will promise that I will personally inspect any game worn item that is offered in the MEARS Auction for the next 12 months to make sure that descriptions, titles, game use is more accurately noted by our firm.

Regards,

Troy R. Kinunen / MEARS
troy@mearsonline.com (troy@mearsonline.com)
(414) 828 9990

--
Troy R. Kinunen
President MEARS Auctions
President MEARS Evaluation Services
www.mearsonlineauctions.com (http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/)
www.mearsonline.com (http://www.mearsonline.com/)
www.mearsbuysgameusedbats.com (http://www.mearsbuysgameusedbats.com/)

ChrisCavalier
02-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Nice to see my post get deleted. I figured it would be good for the forum to know a member who alters game use and protect them in the future. But I guess you think it's better for them not to know and then get ripped off.
Brock,

Please note that your post was deleted because of an accusation you made that would need to be verified. If your accusation is found to be accurate, administrative action would be taken but these are not accusations to be taken lightly. In fact, GUU has taken action multiple times to remove people from the forum when it is proven that their actions on the site were potentially detrimental to the community. That is why I asked people to post here in accordance with the forum rules.

As such, please note that your comments about GUU are not correct and, in fact, potentially slanderous. The same is true of comments made elsewhere and action may be taken. Again, if posts are made here with factual information and in accordance with the forum rules they will be left on the site.

Please let me know if that answers your question.

Sincerely,
Chris

yanks12025
02-28-2013, 10:00 PM
That's answers it, thanks.

tella27
02-28-2013, 11:08 PM
This Bryant jersey was purchased from a member here on GUU and was received in the same condition by me as it was by Troy. If - and this is a big if - the jersey was washed it was washed before I purchased it. The person I purchased it from I have done business with a few times and all of his items have been flawless.

I do want to be clear that I did discuss the history to my knowledge and also the DC loa with Troy prior to sending it to MEARS. I do not know DC Sports and with the condition of the jersey looking like it had use I was hoping that DC Sports was like Steiner and they listed some worn items as game issued due to not seeing them wear it. I talked to Troy about this prior to sending it and even asked if he wanted the me to send the DC info with the jersey.

I wasn't upset that the jersey had been said to be issued - I bought it as being an opinion of issued. My frustration was that after being looked over by the people at MEARS their opinion was Game Worn but after it was listed for 8 days their opinion changed. Ive spoken with Troy about all of these issues tonight and he explained that modern jerseys are hard to tell game use and they felt it showed all the correct signs of light wear. They then found a post (posted prior to me owning) about the jersey and then changed their stance on it and I agree now with the reasons. Troy apologized about not following their policy and contacting me prior to the change. It was my decision to pull the jersey from the action and mine alone. I have asked Troy to write me an email that states that we did discuss the DC Sport loa prior to me sending it and also that they (MEARS) had determined the jersey showed light wear and after finding out the history on a thread it was changed.

I am happy to show anyone that questions my paypal receipt for the purchase of the jersey so they can see that the posts were PRIOR to me owning. I can also show the pictures of the jersey that were sent to me prior to me buying and can be put next to the pictures I took - it will be seen that the jersey's condition has not changed since my purchase.

I'll post the email from Troy once he sends it.

mos_def
03-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Hi
Just wanted to say that this jersey was sold by me to Chris (tella27) and I was the original buyer of this Kobe jersey from DC Sports. The jersey was sold to me as a game issued jersey and was also sold to Chris as a game issued jersey. The jersey had never been worn or altered in any way since I obtained it directly from DC Sports. I can say that I have done business with Chris now for a few times and everytime has been a positive transaction and experience.

mickeymbz
03-01-2013, 01:28 AM
"Items valued at less than $500 are not generally inspected by me. I have noted that many have concerns over some of the descriptions recently offered by MEARS. I will promise that I will personally inspect any game worn item that is offered in the MEARS Auction for the next 12 months to make sure that descriptions, titles, game use is more accurately noted by our firm. "

----DOES this justify why bad stuff is authenticed under your CO.?? sounds like a bad incumbent running for re-election. I agree with the originator of this thread ..WHY was the Bryant jersey initially listed as game used ,,, then changed to issued?? why not pull the shirt instead of re-listing as issued,,, its NOT eBay. WHY was it ever listed as being game used when u have doubts??? especially coming from a company that supposed to be the absolute best in the field. I think these questions have value to collectors and perhaps be judged so before this is deleted or edited. Bad stuff authenticated b/c it is < 500.00 is just as bad as authenticatin something valued >500.00! ANd it is YOUR company that did the shoddy authenticating. and there seems to be certain member that will defend to the end any of these auction houses.

trsent
03-01-2013, 02:13 AM
ANd it is YOUR company that did the shoddy authenticating. and there seems to be certain member that will defend to the end any of these auction houses.

Which member are you calling out?

patterz123
03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi
Just wanted to say that this jersey was sold by me to Chris (tella27) and I was the original buyer of this Kobe jersey from DC Sports. The jersey was sold to me as a game issued jersey and was also sold to Chris as a game issued jersey. The jersey had never been worn or altered in any way since I obtained it directly from DC Sports. I can say that I have done business with Chris now for a few times and everytime has been a positive transaction and experience.

My observation as a collector:

The DC Sports letter states the jersey to be in "excellent un used condition" - To me, this means an un worn/un used/ un damaged item.

So this should be how member Mos_Def received it i'd assume.

Mos_Def, when you owned the jersey, did it contain any signs of being washed or have "snagg" marks? (a clear pull in the fabric on the Front)

The reason i ask this, as in the possession of the next owner, member Tella27, it appears the jersey does contain "signs of washing and also has marks on the jersey from being snagged", a quote taken from when Tella27 had this jersey listed for offer via ebay. (Link below)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobe-Bryant-Game-Used-2011-12-Lakers-Road-Jersey-Mic-Pocket-NBA-Auth-tagged-/281058533055?nma=true&si=mPNwaTy1XnxuTD5dqEiGCA1v7G0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

A clear pull in the fabric is shown on the close up pic in the ebay listing, being the First Buyer/Owner Mos_Def, was this "pull of the fabric" evident when you owned it?

This is Important, as if it did, this jersey shouldn't be in "excellent" condition as stated by DC Sports and most likely clears this whole issue up.

A poor description potentially lead to a case of "game use" being evident on this game issued jersey.

rufusandherschel
03-01-2013, 09:50 AM
This thread brings to mind the direction taken by the baseball (and other sports) card "hobby" only worse due to the many more opportunities, avenues, etc. to alter jerseys, either by description (e.g., game used, game worn, game issued, game ready), restorations, 'wholesale' changes/alterations/modifications, etc. As mentioned before, the 'hobby' has gone way beyond "Buyer Beware" to a state of "Buyer Be Aware"!

tella27
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
My observation as a collector:

The DC Sports letter states the jersey to be in "excellent un used condition" - To me, this means an un worn/un used/ un damaged item.

So this should be how member Mos_Def received it i'd assume.

Mos_Def, when you owned the jersey, did it contain any signs of being washed or have "snagg" marks? (a clear pull in the fabric on the Front)

The reason i ask this, as in the possession of the next owner, member Tella27, it appears the jersey does contain "signs of washing and also has marks on the jersey from being snagged", a quote taken from when Tella27 had this jersey listed for offer via ebay. (Link below)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobe-Bryant-Game-Used-2011-12-Lakers-Road-Jersey-Mic-Pocket-NBA-Auth-tagged-/281058533055?nma=true&si=mPNwaTy1XnxuTD5dqEiGCA1v7G0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

A clear pull in the fabric is shown on the close up pic in the ebay listing, being the First Buyer/Owner Mos_Def, was this "pull of the fabric" evident when you owned it?

This is Important, as if it did, this jersey shouldn't be in "excellent" condition as stated by DC Sports and most likely clears this whole issue up.

A poor description potentially lead to a case of "game use" being evident on this game issued jersey.

I have pictures of the jersey before I bought it that were sent to me - I then took picture of it to list it with. All the picture are identical. The jersey is still in the exact condition as when I purchased it and mos_def is someone I've done business with a few times and I have no doubt in his word saying it has been unaltered on his end. I hate how someone that has never owned or even held this jersey - or EVER been in the same room as it can voice their opinion and now its considered fact?? Look at Steiner and their jerseys - I've bought many of them that say game issued but show plenty of wear and wash. I sent this jersey in to be authenticated and spoke with Troy about the loa and my thoughts prior to sending it. His company and the top experts SAID it was game worn and then listed it on their auction for 8 days of a 10 day auction. The EXPERTS in this field thought the same thing I did and that it looked washed/worn and I can prove with pictures that its in the same condition that I purchased it in.

tella27
03-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Here are pictures of the jersey before I bought it and after I received it - as it can be seen the marking around the 24 are IDENTICAL. Ive pointed it out with arrows. Ive also pointed out the snag on the front - it can been seen in the pictures prior to my purchase. The only difference is the fold line in the bottom tag but this fold is called out in an email to me from Mos_Def. This is the same jersey now as when he had it - it HAS NOT BEEN WASHED OR ALTERED IN ANY WAY.
Wood floor is Mos_Def - Black is me
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/Celtics007/Sentjersey_zps25533d6e.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/Celtics007/sentjersey1_zpsd3f76d62.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/Celtics007/008_zps1be9c2f6.jpg

Mulligans
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
I rarely weigh in on these topics…..In my opinion, this is certainly not a perfect Science with the new Basketball Jerseys…… and you can argue whether MEARS communicated properly, but I do think Troy apologized for any missteps they may have made?

I don’t have any connections at MEARS and I’m pretty sure they have no clue who I am.…They are not perfect by any means, but in my opinion, Troy and his group are by far one of the finest Authenticators in the Country.

I have used their services many times for Auctions as well as Authentications. I have not always been happy with their conclusions, because sometimes the truth can hurt:mad:……. But, one thing for sure, they are extremely thorough and VERY GOOD at what they do. I can’t imagine them doing anything purposely to mislead anyone?

DeacDoug
03-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I think that there is an inherent conflict between running an auction house and being the authenticator for same. At least Lou Lampson did not do both. Although I understand that other auction houses do this as well, I think Mears should chose one or the other.

tella27
03-01-2013, 08:49 PM
I rarely weigh in on these topics…..In my opinion, this is certainly not a perfect Science with the new Basketball Jerseys…… and you can argue whether MEARS communicated properly, but I do think Troy apologized for any missteps they may have made?

I don’t have any connections at MEARS and I’m pretty sure they have no clue who I am.…They are not perfect by any means, but in my opinion, Troy and his group are by far one of the finest Authenticators in the Country.

I have used their services many times for Auctions as well as Authentications. I have not always been happy with their conclusions, because sometimes the truth can hurt:mad:……. But, one thing for sure, they are extremely thorough and VERY GOOD at what they do. I can’t imagine them doing anything purposely to mislead anyone?

All I can say about the whole issue is MEARS and their expert authenticators said this passed as being game worn. It was then changed because of a post on some forum by someone that neither has ever owned this jersey or even been in the same room as this jersey. I was accused of doctoring the jersey to make it look worn and added the snag. I've posted pictures of the jersey before I bought it (and it was purchased from a member on here that I've done business with in the past a few times and alway happy) everything is identical from when I purchased it including the snag on the front. Now MEARS changed there opinion because of a post on a thread and I've proved that who ever posted that has no clue what they are talking about.

tella27
03-01-2013, 08:53 PM
I think that there is an inherent conflict between running an auction house and being the authenticator for same. At least Lou Lampson did not do both. Although I understand that other auction houses do this as well, I think Mears should chose one or the other.

I also agree with Doc on this - when the place authenticates something and then sells it they have interest in its final sale price. I don't feel that the drive for profit on an item should ever be able to come into play. It's like JSA - they authenticate signatures but they don't sell items after they authenticate them.

Takuleechch
03-01-2013, 09:12 PM
On the eBay listing you listed it as game worn when the letter says issued. Why did you list it as such? just curious

tella27
03-01-2013, 09:23 PM
If you're going to quote something make sure you have the full quote.
I listed it as game worn and wrote in the listing that it has a loa from DC Sports saying issued but I felt it showed use and showed pictures of the use. I didn't leave out the DC Sports info and I took up close pictures of where I felt it showed wear or washing.

tella27
03-01-2013, 09:27 PM
On the eBay listing you listed it as game worn when the letter says issued. Why did you list it as such? just curious

This is what was in the listing on eBay - as you can see I wrote that it had a loa from DC Sports that said it was issued. I felt strongly enough that it was worn that I contacted MEARS about it and ended the auction to send it in.

This is a Kobe Bryant 2011-2012 Lakers road game used jersey. It comes with a COA from D.C. Sports where they call it an issued jersey but the jersey shows signs of washing and also has marks on the jersey from being snagged (seen in pics 5 & 6) - I believe this is like how MLB will call a jersey "Issued" unless they see if taken off by the player even when there are genuine signs of wear and washes. One of the key things is the mic pocket that is stitched into the left inside of the jersey for when he was Mic'd up during the game. The pockets arent stitched up at the begining of the season in hope of being mic'd - they are done for that game. Ive tried to find out what road games he was mic'd for during the season but havent found really any info online

jppopma
03-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Tella, One thing you need to remember is that Mears Auction items do not get the full Mears expert authentication. Even as such, most modern basketball jerseys would only get a score of 5 on their grading scale. I'm pretty sure that most items they, or any other auction house lists, are predominately driven by what the consignor tells them the item is.

I appreciate your openness in the descriptions and hoping that it may have been mislabeled on the LAO. Mears as a business likely would have loved to sell the item based on your hops, but they need to cover their own butts once the item is questioned. You can't blame them for that (although not notifying you is a slip up).

Glad you got the item pulled and will have it back to sell on your own. Look up earlier stories of items in which Mears did alot of research on and then requested payment for their efforts after the items were found to be fakes.

tella27
03-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Tella, One thing you need to remember is that Mears Auction items do not get the full Mears expert authentication. Even as such, most modern basketball jerseys would only get a score of 5 on their grading scale. I'm pretty sure that most items they, or any other auction house lists, are predominately driven by what the consignor tells them the item is.

I appreciate your openness in the descriptions and hoping that it may have been mislabeled on the LAO. Mears as a business likely would have loved to sell the item based on your hops, but they need to cover their own butts once the item is questioned. You can't blame them for that (although not notifying you is a slip up).

Glad you got the item pulled and will have it back to sell on your own. Look up earlier stories of items in which Mears did alot of research on and then requested payment for their efforts after the items were found to be fakes.

The biggest thing is I want it to be know that this jersey is in the exact same condition now as it was prior to purchase. I have no problem showing pictures or anything else to let that be known. I have no ill will towards MEARS - I'm just baffled by the opinion of someone that knows nothing about the jersey is treated as if their opinion is fact. It is what it is - I bought it as issued and when I received it I felt it showed wear so I sent it in. Being told it isn't worn doesn't bother me and that's what I told Troy.

both-teams-played-hard
03-01-2013, 11:45 PM
I apologize if this post is off-topic. I seem to remember a company that customized authentic NBA jerseys. Same jerseys that the players wore. Same specifications as NBA gamers. Mfg, size and all. I'm not a smart man, but that can't be classified as "team issue", correct?

trsent
03-02-2013, 12:16 AM

Very well put. I believe they try to be honest and upfront and we can't say that about every other auction house.

That is a valid opinion, but Troy has created a company and a concept and he fully discloses his "conflicts of interest" before anyone bids, so it is your choice if you bid on his memorabilia or not. Troy and Dave Grob are not going to change their concept and keep to one or the other - They will continue to run an auction house and an authentication company and you know the facts so you can make your own decisions if you wish to buy from them or not based on this fact.

This being said, how many items for sale on eBay are sold by the same guy who is telling you the game used jersey is authentic? At least with MEARS you can go back to the company down the road with concerns and they will still be there to discuss. How many eBay sellers are there to answer questions down the road?

cohibasmoker
03-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Very well put. I believe they try to be honest and upfront and we can't say that about every other auction house.

That is a valid opinion, but Troy has created a company and a concept and he fully discloses his "conflicts of interest" before anyone bids, so it is your choice if you bid on his memorabilia or not. Troy and Dave Grob are not going to change their concept and keep to one or the other - They will continue to run an auction house and an authentication company and you know the facts so you can make your own decisions if you wish to buy from them or not based on this fact.

This being said, how many items for sale on eBay are sold by the same guy who is telling you the game used jersey is authentic? At least with MEARS you can go back to the company down the road with concerns and they will still be there to discuss. How many eBay sellers are there to answer questions down the road?

Joel,
Just who is on the Staff at MEARS? I went to their website and all it says is "coming soon"

http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php?page=staff

trsent
03-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Joel,
Just who is on the Staff at MEARS? I went to their website and all it says is "coming soon"

http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php?page=staff

I don't know the current staff beyond Troy and Dave Grob. Tony Giese left to work for Heritage so I don't know any of his staff anymore. You can email Troy to ask if you want to know who is working for him. troy@mearsonline.com

cohibasmoker
03-05-2013, 07:01 AM
I don't know the current staff beyond Troy and Dave Grob. Tony Giese left to work for Heritage so I don't know any of his staff anymore. You can email Troy to ask if you want to know who is working for him. troy@mearsonline.com

Joel,

I was just wondering is all.

JSA, PSA and most if not all auction houses publicly list their Staff - I was wondering why MEARS didn't.

Jim

trsent
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Joel,

I was just wondering is all.

JSA, PSA and most if not all auction houses publicly list their Staff - I was wondering why MEARS didn't.

Jim

I'll guess - It isn't that big or well known?