PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about this flag... Spurs.

TBTwinsFan
02-25-2013, 10:59 PM
I apologize for posting 2 threads, but this has me stumped. I picked this up today for a buck. Originally, I figured it was a "fan" flag. I figured I could flip it quickly for a few bucks.

However, I brought this home and unfolded it completely on the (clean) table. It measures in at over 4.5 feet long, and over 2.5 feet tall. It's way to big to be a flag manufactured to be sold to fans.

I also noticed some small things. There is no manufacturer's logo on the flag, and it's been flown. I can also not find anything about a flag like this on the internet.

So my question is, could this be a flag flown outside the stadium (or elsewhere in San Antonio) after the championship in 2003, and what's it's value (flown or not)?
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/207253_4736310731132_738110147_n.jpg

sox83cubs84
02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
I apologize for posting 2 threads, but this has me stumped. I picked this up today for a buck. Originally, I figured it was a "fan" flag. I figured I could flip it quickly for a few bucks.

However, I brought this home and unfolded it completely on the (clean) table. It measures in at over 4.5 feet long, and over 2.5 feet tall. It's way to big to be a flag manufactured to be sold to fans.

I also noticed some small things. There is no manufacturer's logo on the flag, and it's been flown. I can also not find anything about a flag like this on the internet.

So my question is, could this be a flag flown outside the stadium (or elsewhere in San Antonio) after the championship in 2003, and what's it's value (flown or not)?

I can't say for sure, but your guess stands to have a good chance of being correct. In Chicago, the recent White Sox and Blackhawks championships have been commemorated by similar flags hung from downtown street lights. I think an arena banner would be even larger than what you describe, as those generally are hung in the rafters or on the edge of the uppermost level. Nice item.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
02-26-2013, 07:26 PM

I can't say for sure, but your guess stands to have a good chance of being correct. In Chicago, the recent White Sox and Blackhawks championships have been commemorated by similar flags hung from downtown street lights. I think an arena banner would be even larger than what you describe, as those generally are hung in the rafters or on the edge of the uppermost level. Nice item.

Dave Miedema

TBTwinsFan
02-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Someone showed me this. The flags do have big differences in them, but they seem to have a lot of similarities... I don't know...

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/San-Antonio-Spurs-2007-NBA-Champions-3-x5-Flag/102717363?gpid=44791518301&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CJbXhdbE1bUCFc5AMgodtW8AuQ