PDA

View Full Version : Coolest bat I've seen

onlyalbert
02-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Anyone else out there have any examples of this model? Handmade in NY in the late 90's. Made for Clayton, Lankford, Jordan and Ozzie too. Would love to see more.

apfriz
02-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Stick by stan used to have a kiosk for lack of a better word in
the old Veterens Stadium....fans could have custom bats made for themselves to whatever specs they wanted...

At the time, he was making bats for Rolen, if im not mistaken, however, i dont remember him selling the 'home run after home run label'

I thought the idea was really cool too, and the bats were fantastic, different sizes, colors, fonts....the phils were terrible though...

onlyalbert
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Stick by stan used to have a kiosk for lack of a better word in
the old Veterens Stadium....fans could have custom bats made for themselves to whatever specs they wanted...

At the time, he was making bats for Rolen, if im not mistaken, however, i dont remember him selling the 'home run after home run label'

I thought the idea was really cool too, and the bats were fantastic, different sizes, colors, fonts....the phils were terrible though...

I read an article about it and, yes, Rolen was on the list too. He talked about the kiosk and was then charging $30 per bat. Seems cheap by today's standards, but this article was in 97. Would love to see some others if anyone has any!

tjjmarshall
02-26-2013, 11:30 PM
I have a Tony Gwynn bat.

GoTigers
02-26-2013, 11:54 PM
There's one on eBay... 190803168301.. And TJ, if you think you'd like to part with that Gwynn please shoot me an email.

woodbat
02-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Here is another "Stick By Stan" bat. Garrett Stephenson--St Louis Cardinals 1999-2000,02,03. No manufacture stamping on the knob, just players uniform number in black sharpie.

bigtruck260
03-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I haven't been around here in...forever, but that is some cool wood. I've got enough of the late 90's Cards bats, but I'd make room for a Stick by Stan from Jordan, Gant or Lankford.

I remember seeing one about 5 years ago locally, and I have not seen one since in STL.

onlyalbert
03-05-2013, 09:33 PM
I haven't been around here in...forever, but that is some cool wood. I've got enough of the late 90's Cards bats, but I'd make room for a Stick by Stan from Jordan, Gant or Lankford.

I remember seeing one about 5 years ago locally, and I have not seen one since in STL.

Bigtruck I've got the Jordan listed in the classifieds if you are interested. E-mail me at Lakeside62401@hotmail.com

onlyalbert
03-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Here is another "Stick By Stan" bat. Garrett Stephenson--St Louis Cardinals 1999-2000,02,03. No manufacture stamping on the knob, just players uniform number in black sharpie.

That looks like its been stamped in. I think my Jordan is hand engraved.