PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Ironed on JO Tag

Viper
02-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Hello, I am hoping someone can tell me how to remove a tag on a jersey that I purchased at JO Sports several years ago. It lists the game, date etc and is about 1 inch by 3 inches and appears to have been ironed on the inside of the jersey as opposed to glued.

I just do not care for tags or autos etc but of course, I would rather live with it, if it meant taking it off would hurt the jersey.

Thank you
Mike

mickeymbz
02-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Hello, I am hoping someone can tell me how to remove a tag on a jersey that I purchased at JO Sports several years ago. It lists the game, date etc and is about 1 inch by 3 inches and appears to have been ironed on the inside of the jersey as opposed to glued.

I just do not care for tags or autos etc but of course, I would rather live with it, if it meant taking it off would hurt the jersey.

Thank you
Mike

on one of my jerseys i just peeled it off,,, came off without any damage to jersey whatsoever

Samets
02-25-2013, 06:50 AM
I too, have several jerseys where the tag came right off...

JDubbs73
02-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Do you know if the thermo tag was applied by JO Sports or by the team? If by the team, I personally wouldn't remove it. It would have been applied prior to use and may be visible for matching in photos.

Viper
02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Thank you for the replies. The label seems to be a vinyl or coated label as opposed to a paper label. I tried to peel it off bit I can not wven get a cprnwr to raise up on it. I even used the heat from a blow dryer to see if it would begin to peel but it did not budge.

Thanks again for the I put and other ideas.
Mike

Samets
02-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Do you know if the thermo tag was applied by JO Sports or by the team? If by the team, I personally wouldn't remove it. It would have been applied prior to use and may be visible for matching in photos.

Here's what I know based on what Jarrod wrote himself on another forum...

So let’s start with the ThermoPatch question. Again, the team (Redskins) puts on a ThermoPatch on their shirts for identifiers. This patch may be put on every shirt or just one shirt. I don’t know and it is up to the equipment manager to patch what jerseys he wants. I got the idea from the Redskins and have incorporated it to all of my team’s shirts: Raiders, Vikings, Bears etc. Other teams use other sources for identifiers: Cowboys and Rams (ProvaGroup) Browns and Seahawks (barcoded ThermoPatch) Eagles (write game on jock tag) etc.
Jarrod

The thread can be found here... (http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?266829-JO-Sports-Inc-Redskins-Game-Used-Stuff&p=6160310&viewfull=1#post6160310)

Hope this helps...

JDubbs73
02-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Hey Samets. That's basically what I was getting at. The patch, if applied by the team, might add some value to a prospective buyer if the holder were looking to sell his jersey down the road. I've never tried to do so but my understanding is that they are virtually impossible remove. If JO applied it, as was the case even with some Skins' jerseys, I'd say no big deal. The content and lettering fonts were different between the Skins' patches and JO's patches. Not sure about other teams.