PDA

View Full Version : MLB authentication contact information?

csu398
02-23-2013, 03:07 PM
I recently obtained some items with incorrect information in the MLB authentication database, and I'd like to have them corrected. In the FAQ section (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/faq.jsp) of the official website, the contact mail is authentication@website.mlb.com.

I tried to send an email a couple times, but all messages were bounced back. Does anybody try to contact MLB authentication and have the same experience? Or is there any other email address?

tella27
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
I wish I could help you out but I had the same issue before and I couldnt get a hold of ANYONE..

jake33
02-23-2013, 03:17 PM
The only thing MLB will do is add an item that is not in the database, and you will need to provide them a photo of the hologram for them to do that.

They wash their hands of any editing that would happen on the hologram's database description.

Photo matches don't mean anything to them, they don't want to open a can of worms and start messing with the process. From their point of view, the authenticators word is final.

I asked them one time to change something very very simple in a hologram description one time. I had aBP used All star jersey of Chris Capuano, in the description it stated the player who wore the jersey's last name was "CAPANO"

MLB wouldn't even make the change to spell the player's name right, regardless that I had photos of the jersey, a photo match, and photo of the hologram.

I also had a pair of game used pants one time that were listed as a game used JERSEY, for as simple that change would have been, they also would not touch it.

csu398
02-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Thank you guys for the input...

My item is a Stephen Drew bat EK185399. Apparently the date and game are totally wrong in the database. Doug Fister didn't pitched in ALDS game 1! It can be simply verified that the bat was used in game 2 instead by checking the box score. Not only this bat, all items with adjacent numbers in ALDS G2 are listed incorrectly. I do think I (and many other people on this forum) have a valid case to ask for correction...

Session Name: 2012 ALDS ATHLETICS @ TIGERS GAME 1
Session Date: October 06, 2012
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BATTER - STEPHEN DREW, PITCHER - DOUGLAS FISTER, TOP OF 3, BROKEN BAT IN A'S DUGOUT AFTER STRIKEOUT LOOKING

The only thing MLB will do is add an item that is not in the database, and you will need to provide them a photo of the hologram for them to do that.

They wash their hands of any editing that would happen on the hologram's database description.

Photo matches don't mean anything to them, they don't want to open a can of worms and start messing with the process. From their point of view, the authenticators word is final.

I asked them one time to change something very very simple in a hologram description one time. I had aBP used All star jersey of Chris Capuano, in the description it stated the player who wore the jersey's last name was "CAPANO"

MLB wouldn't even make the change to spell the player's name right, regardless that I had photos of the jersey, a photo match, and photo of the hologram.

I also had a pair of game used pants one time that were listed as a game used JERSEY, for as simple that change would have been, they also would not touch it.

marino13
02-23-2013, 08:08 PM
I had different experiences with MLB corrections.

There are MORE than on email address for MLB authentication. The generic one will not do much except for generic reply.

While there are two others that I used in the past, as long as you have "screen shot" of the error along with the "screen shot" of what actually happened, they would fixed it overnight.

(I am sorry, I cant share the other two email contacts. I dont want them to be flooded with "issued" inquiries).

If you have the screen capture of both, post them here and I will email them to be corrected on your behalf. And please, dont flood my inbox.

:D

csu398
02-23-2013, 08:27 PM
marino13, could you please send me an email?
andrewsue205 at gmail dot com
Thank you!

csu398
02-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Here's the screenshots and MLB hologram info of the bat. However, this is not the only item I need correction (some are apparent mistakes, not about the authenticity or use of the items). Any help is highly appreciated!

Dewey2007
02-23-2013, 08:58 PM
That's not the experience I had with MLB Authentication. I picked up a Jimmy Rollins game used baseball from a forum member that was hit for a double last season. The double was actually the 400th of his career and they added that to the MLB Authentication description when I sent them a link veryifying the information.

marino13
02-28-2013, 05:44 PM

Corrected!

And you are very welcome. :D

csu398
02-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Thank you very much for your help! :)

Also, MLB authentication did respond to my other email requests and revised several holograms with incorrect information. The email address on their website is valid. If your message bounced back, just wait for a couple days and send email again.

Klattsy
03-02-2013, 03:04 AM
I'm the same as Dewey. I pointed out 3 errors on WBC balls descriptions and they where changed overnight.

num1jrfan
05-19-2013, 01:25 AM
are you still able to people? no one has resopnded to any of my emails over there. i even tryed to get in touch with the MLB PR rep. and i think he gave up. i was trying to get these fixed. because griffey is not 51 and ichiro is not 24

LH430936 & #LH430937
I had different experiences with MLB corrections.

There are MORE than on email address for MLB authentication. The generic one will not do much except for generic reply.

While there are two others that I used in the past, as long as you have "screen shot" of the error along with the "screen shot" of what actually happened, they would fixed it overnight.

(I am sorry, I cant share the other two email contacts. I dont want them to be flooded with "issued" inquiries).

If you have the screen capture of both, post them here and I will email them to be corrected on your behalf. And please, dont flood my inbox.

:D

num1jrfan
05-24-2013, 04:05 PM
anyone still use this thread?

Southsidesox
05-27-2015, 09:36 PM
MARINO-

Are you able to still look at these issues? I have a signed ball by Jermaine Dye that has a hologram on it that is coming up Matt Thornton.

I can send you the info.