PDA

View Full Version : Wilbur Wood gamer

jfbrens
02-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilbur-Wood-Chicago-White-Sox-Game-Used-Jersey-/140915926134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cf3e6476&nma=true&si=rob914sCOCh%252BWtgGfvwDQhxvN0I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

jtnatalierica
02-21-2013, 01:37 AM
I've got three of these jerseys, this white mesh( mine has "Nahorodny" on back), a blue double knit(Garr) and a white double knit(Mulliniks). All have flag tags sewn in the collar under Rawlings tag, two of the tags you can read the set/year and the Nahorodny is washed out. I think I've seen a few others without the flag tag, but all mine have them, this doesn't. aybe only a few years without them?m

sox83cubs84
02-21-2013, 11:42 AM
While it sees odd that the break in the stitching around the Rawlings tag in on the side where any flag tags would appear, most of the White Sox jerseys from 1976 were issued without flag tags. Some of these were carried over to 1977 and even 1978, given Bill Veeck's frugality.

What would be interesting (and not discernable in the photo) is a close-up of the right front tail. Rawlings salesman's samples of this style (of which at least a few White Sox examples are out there) have the size written on the tail in a thin laundry marker. I'd feel far better about the jersey's chances of being good with no writing present...if there is a little 48 penned in that area, it's not a gamer.

Dave Miedema

jfbrens
02-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the great info guys. Love these jerseys. Jtnatalierica if you are interested I'd love to get my hands on the nahorodny or garr jerseys. I have several of the softball styles I would be interested in buying or trading.

35th&Shields
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
If you fellas need a third party to help make a deal. Cash or trade? Please let me know? Im in the hunt for a mesh '76-'81 jersey. Thanks!!

karamaxjoe
02-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the great info guys. Love these jerseys. Jtnatalierica if you are interested I'd love to get my hands on the nahorodny or garr jerseys. I have several of the softball styles I would be interested in buying or trading.

Any interest in a 78/79 road LaRussa?

sox83cubs84
02-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Any interest in a 78/79 road LaRussa?

This could be narrowed down to one year or the other. Rawlings made the Sox unies in 1978, and were worn in 1979 spring training. As of 1979 regular season, Capital Ace supplied the White Sox.

karamaxjoe
02-21-2013, 05:33 PM
This could be narrowed down to one year or the other. Rawlings made the Sox unies in 1978, and were worn in 1979 spring training. As of 1979 regular season, Capital Ace supplied the White Sox.

Wasn't thinking straight. It's either 79 or 80.

jfbrens
02-22-2013, 01:42 AM
I'm just interested in the nahorodny and orta jerseys. 35th I have two mesh jerseys, both away versions, one of ken Brett and the other of Alan bannister. I'm really only looking for Pre 86 white sox and maybe some Dallas cowboys

35th&Shields
02-22-2013, 12:19 PM
jfbrens, Thanks for the response and consideration. Unfortunately thats what my collection is lacking. Solid vintage Sox gamers. Please keep me in mind if something should pop up and you decide to pass. I will do the same!

jtnatalierica
02-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Hello guys, I've had these white sox jerseys for about 25 years. I traded the white double knit Mulliniks a couple years ago. I still have the Nahorodny and Garr. About the Garr: It is autographed on the back numerals with Ralph's name and batting average it black sharpie. I have managed/coached in Independent Baseball for the last 17 years and ran into Ralph as he was scouting for the Braves and had him autograph it while I was coaching in San Angelo, Texas. I also have a pair of the shorts they wore for a game. There is no strip-tagging in the shorts other than the Rawlings tag. They have the inner-tiestring. Others have doubted the authenticity, but, these were given to me personally by a former player with the team who is fairly well known, so, I know 100% these have been gamers. About trading/selling, I'm trying to save these for my retirement fund, as, being in minor league coaching, I create my own pension. I would like to trade for another of larger size, name not important, just looking for a 48 or larger. I know the high-end value of these jerseys, so, if interested, you will have to overwhelm me with an offer. I live near where Bill Nahorodny grew up in Hamtramk, Mich., and know he works for UPS in the Tampa area. I visit that area yearly and I'm trying to track him down to get that autographed also. If interested, please email me at: waelchli29808@yahoo.com I would entertain thoughts of trading/selling, but like I said, great sentimental value and also a hugh showpiece on my jersey rack.

35th&Shields
02-23-2013, 10:17 AM
jtnatalierica, Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. Email has been sent! Hope to possibly work out a deal and here more.