PDA

View Full Version : Ebay best offer price hidden? Heres a trick to see price

Roady
02-17-2013, 04:00 PM
I learned a trick to see what the best offer was on completed auctions.
If you change the web address of the auction from ebay.com to ebay.ca it will show you the realized price of the auction.
I don't know why Ebay blocked US users from seeing the final price but apparently Canadian Ebay users can still see it.

yanks12025
02-17-2013, 04:11 PM
I've noticed they blocked it also. I used my Ipad and it shows what it sold for but once you click on the item it then switches back to the ild asking price.

trsent
02-17-2013, 11:26 PM
I used Terapeak and it shows the sold price.

cohibasmoker
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I really don't care what a person pays for an item - my main concern is authenticity.

Jim

emann
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I learned a trick to see what the best offer was on completed auctions.
If you change the web address of the auction from ebay.com to ebay.ca it will show you the realized price of the auction.
I don't know why Ebay blocked US users from seeing the final price but apparently Canadian Ebay users can still see it.

Good trick, thanks... It makes no sense they decided to block the BIN price.

42itus
02-24-2013, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the great tip!

Roady
02-25-2013, 02:57 AM
I really don't care what a person pays for an item - my main concern is authenticity.

Jim
That's nice.
I like to know if my best offer price is in line with what others have sold for.

scottishcowboy41
03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Checking ebay.ca totally works! Thank you! Very handy for when sellers have best offer options on multiple items so can know what kind of offer to make by seeing what kinds of offers the seller is accepting. A great way to avoid overpaying.

both-teams-played-hard
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1707/wargameshacker.jpg

Roady
03-01-2013, 01:00 PM
I can't believe I won it for so cheap!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1707/wargameshacker.jpg

Changes completed auctions to .ca

loanapprover
03-02-2013, 09:11 AM
I believe the ebay mobile app shows the accepted offer as well

PwKw13
04-07-2013, 09:29 PM
If you go into the completed listing and click on the "Print" link, it will show you the sale price.

joelsabi
12-28-2014, 02:55 PM
I see the actual offer taken under recently viewed items.

Question. What percent of an offer becomes to insulting to the seller that the seller ignores the offer and lets it expire? At what point wont the seller make a counter offer?

dougiedshow
12-28-2014, 03:53 PM

Question. What percent of an offer becomes to insulting to the seller that the seller ignores the offer and lets it expire? At what point wont the seller make a counter offer?

Here are my thoughts... If I'm interested in an item, I just offer approximately what it's worth to me. The sellers asking price is irrelevant to me in most cases. Afterall, look at some of the ridiculous buy it now prices. The worst they can do is reject the offer with a bitter comment. I find, in many cases, sellers just put a crazy high price and are prepared to field offers and quickly negotiate a lower price. So, with that in mind, I don't worry about what's offensive or how the offer compares to their asking price. If it's priced right, I make a fair and typically close offer, as not to miss out on an item I want.

Wrigley2010
12-28-2014, 04:22 PM

I always look through the sellers past auctions to see what kind of offers the seller accepts. If I see the seller has sold items at 50% off their asking price I will be aggressive with my offer. If I see the opposite and the seller has only sold items close to their asking price and I feel their price is high I will typically message the seller directly and see if something can be worked out. This way I avoid insulting the seller.

beachpetrol
03-02-2015, 11:58 AM
They have now removed the PRINT option on all auctions now. I guess Ebay has caught on to finding out the final price on a best offer auction.