PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought from hoop-style on Ebay?

ry317an
02-11-2013, 12:37 PM
I've heard a lot of people say he's rude bad with communication and everything but I have not had that issue. My concern is that he had a gu pacers Jersey that hes having altered for me to make it a Travis Best. Now im ok with that because I just want to have a stitched best Jersey. Now this is what concerns me, I paid him via money order because he didn't want to go through Paypal because of taxes or something. Do you think i'm going to get what I paid for?

Mattapan03
02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Even if his stuff looks good, Id stay away from him. He's too shady to even risk it with.

hairyangryfella
02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
I've heard a lot of people say he's rude bad with communication and everything but I have not had that issue. My concern is that he had a gu pacers Jersey that hes having altered for me to make it a Travis Best. Now im ok with that because I just want to have a stitched best Jersey. Now this is what concerns me, I paid him via money order because he didn't want to go through Paypal because of taxes or something. Do you think i'm going to get what I paid for?

That's the reason he's not trustworthy, and it's fundamentally wrong for you to be having that done...

rdeversole
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Do you think i'm going to get what I paid for?

Yeah. You paid for shady business so either way (jersey arriving or not) that's what you'll be getting out of this deal.

mickeymbz
02-11-2013, 07:44 PM
BIGGEST arse hole! cheapskate who bids on items way below value.. offered 200 on a meigray LOA common.. when i declined his offer he emailed rude asenine responses,, he said the 200 is way over the worthless garbage im selling,,, the jersey ended up going for 500.known for customizing" common players into star players. All that crap hes had on ebay has been there forever. see all previous posts on this nutcase

jppopma
02-12-2013, 06:56 PM
If you are looking for an altered jerseys, he is your man. Most people's problems are in that they are looking for legitimately game used items and not the altered stuff he sells.

legaleagle92481
02-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Don't ever pay a stranger via money order. Way too risky. I have not dealt with Hoop Style but that advice is for dealing with any seller. If someone doesn't want to pay pay pal fees just offer to add 3% to what you send them to cover them.

tella27
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Its so funny that I came across this thread - Ive emailed him before on jerseys and he is such and asshole. He acts like he is the main "name" in basketball jerseys and anyone that could even think to question him on his prices should be banned from collecting.

Stay away from him - there is a reason why 99% of his jerseys sit for sale on ebay for well over a year.

bullsfan1234
04-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Has a Jamal Crawford Bulls jersey that I really want to buy as he's one of the few relevant Bulls players from the post-Jordan era I don't have in my collection.

His auction states "If you need to see documents or pictures, send us an e-mail address that will accept attachments". He says he has the COA from Charitabulls that I'm looking for but does not want to show it to me.

His response to my request to see the COA from the Bulls included "Frankly, you are being very anal about this and your anal-retentiveness is cheating you out of a desired item." Keep in mind the one and only request I made was to see the COA that he says that he has before purchasing. I'd be happy to forward the full conversation to anyone.

While I don't feel I should have to justify why I want to the COA, I currently own 25 or so jerseys purchased from the Bulls and simply want to confirm that it looks reasonable compared to the ones that I own.

The item and COA could very well be legit but who knows. It would have been an easy sale if I could only see what I was buying.

I do know the Tyrus Thomas "game worn" 2009-2010 jersey he has up is not legit as Tyrus Thomas was not on the team when the Bulls wore those jerseys that year. So I can't just blindly trust that it's worn because he says it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyrus-Thomas-2009-2010-Game-Worn-Adidas-St-Pats-Green-Chicago-Bulls-Jersey-LSU-/310631522859?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485314e22b

mickeymbz
04-06-2013, 08:10 PM
[quote=bullsfan1234;319997]Has a Jamal Crawford Bulls jersey that I really want to buy as he's one of the few relevant Bulls players from the post-Jordan era I don't have in my collection.

His auction states "If you need to see documents or pictures, send us an e-mail address that will accept attachments". He says he has the COA from Charitabulls that I'm looking for but does not want to show it to me.

His response to my request to see the COA from the Bulls included "Frankly, you are being very anal about this and your anal-retentiveness is cheating you out of a desired item." Keep in mind the one and only request I made was to see the COA that he says that he has before purchasing. I'd be happy to forward the full conversation to anyone.

While I don't feel I should have to justify why I want to the COA, I currently own 25 or so jerseys purchased from the Bulls and simply want to confirm that it looks reasonable compared to the ones that I own.

The item and COA could very well be legit but who knows. It would have been an easy sale if I could only see what I was buying.

I do know the Tyrus Thomas "game worn" 2009-2010 jersey he has up is not legit as Tyrus Thomas was not on the team when the Bulls wore those jerseys that year. So I can't just blindly trust that it's worn because he says it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyrus-Thomas-2009-2010-Game-Worn-Adidas-St-Pats-Green-Chicago-Bulls-Jersey-LSU-/310631522859?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485314e22b[/quote

the "bad" tyrus thomas should be a red enuff flag to stay away from this arsehole...... he has a ton of lakers stuff currently posted on eBay... many with bad fonts..wrong era fonts.. nob and numbers way off.. he likes to fishnet people that believe that no-one would ever make a bogus common player. trust me,,he has made many bogus commons.

mickeymbz
04-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Bullsfan,,, you should post the full conversation,,, his email replies are hilarious and does have some entertainment value.

bullsfan1234
04-06-2013, 08:16 PM
A big thanks to this forum! Without the homework I've done looking at past threads here on the guy I'd probably feel like I missed out on my non-purchase.