PDA

View Full Version : 80's Sports Illustrated

slab0meat
02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Anyone know if any old 80's issues have any value? I've come across a boatload of them in my parents' basement and don't know whether it's worth keeping them around...

Thanks.

NEFAN
02-08-2013, 02:37 PM
http://www.dtmagazine.com/cmopg1924/si1.html

Check out this link.

slab0meat
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Never knew that existed, thanks.

Now the question is, other than eBay, how to ditch them? Seems like way too much work to eBay it.

trsent
02-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Never knew that existed, thanks.

Now the question is, other than eBay, how to ditch them? Seems like way too much work to eBay it.

Old Sports Illustrated Magazines are basically worthless.

I have boxes of them much earlier and they are a lot of work and hard to sell and expensive to ship. I tried selling more recent issues in bulk lots and usually lost on them.

There is no other place to sell than eBay for something like this. Maybe Amazon if you want to pay their high fees but otherwise I'd pull the neat and unique covers and throw the rest out if I still had a pile of 1980's SI's.

In fact, I did this many years ago with my more recent issues. It saved me a lot of time and money.

slab0meat
02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Old Sports Illustrated Magazines are basically worthless.

I have boxes of them much earlier and they are a lot of work and hard to sell and expensive to ship. I tried selling more recent issues in bulk lots and usually lost on them.

There is no other place to sell than eBay for something like this. Maybe Amazon if you want to pay their high fees but otherwise I'd pull the neat and unique covers and throw the rest out if I still had a pile of 1980's SI's.

In fact, I did this many years ago with my more recent issues. It saved me a lot of time and money.

Yeah, you summed up pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks.

Dewey2007
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Do your SI's have mailing labels? If they don't there might be a couple I'd be interested in buying if you have them. You can email me at: deweystg @ berkeley . edu

cardsfan44
02-09-2013, 09:47 PM
I would be interested in a few if they do not have mailing labels as well

cardsfan448@gmail.com

Thanks

both-teams-played-hard
02-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Please see this thread:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=39943&page=6&highlight=hoarder