PDA

View Full Version : Sellers remorse

michaellechner
02-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Ever sell something that you completely regretted later?

genius
02-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Yes and I'm sure most people here have. I have re-obtained a handful of them and have replaced most of the others in getting the same style back (including one just yesterday which was great!) but there are still one or two lurking out there that I'd like to track down!

OaklandAsFan
02-06-2013, 09:12 PM
yes, back in the day Mark McGwire used to bring autographed GU equipment to hand out to people waiting by the players lot after games and I had a bat, pair of cleats and batting gloves and I sold them all so I could score front row tickets to Metallica/Guns N Roses tickets at Meadowlands Arena in NJ.

Concert was awesome and the after concert activities that I did with this chick while her BF was driving us home were awesome but still wish I had all that stuff.

michaellechner
02-06-2013, 09:51 PM
yes, back in the day Mark McGwire used to bring autographed GU equipment to hand out to people waiting by the players lot after games and I had a bat, pair of cleats and batting gloves and I sold them all so I could score front row tickets to Metallica/Guns N Roses tickets at Meadowlands Arena in NJ.

Concert was awesome and the after concert activities that I did with this chick while her BF was driving us home were awesome but still wish I had all that stuff.

Haha! Love that story!

cubsWSchamps
02-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Oscar Tavarez bat i sold for $100 to help pay for Christmas gift for my girlfriend in 2011.. Bat was split in half but still could have gotten a lot more for it.

sox83cubs84
02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
I sold a 1992 Cubs TBTC-1946 jersey of Derrick May to a buddy (or so i thought), with a verbal agreement for him to offer buyback rights to me when he decided he no longer wanted it. I never heard from him about reacquiring the piece, but saw that he had consigned it to an auction run by his close buddy, Bill Mastro, a bit over a year later.

Dave Miedema