PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia

Nnunnari
02-04-2013, 11:04 PM
How often does American Memorabilia run a new auction?
It seems like they constantly have something new going on.

nickacs
02-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Yup, they run an auction almost once a month... They've been doing that style for years

arjos
02-14-2013, 09:13 PM
I have had a few issues with their items from time to time. Sometimes it just doesn't appear that they do the proper amount of research necessary to make me feel like they have done their job thoroughly. for example the Arthur Whittington jersey ad has so many mistakes its laughable. It is like one of those how many errors can you find pics. How can you trust people who pass off such sloppy work? I always say if you feel unsure punt.

Nnunnari
02-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah they're a pretty sloppy auction house, you have to know what to look for when bidding there. It's nice because you can find some good deals though because it seems that a lot of people don't trust them.

nickacs
02-14-2013, 10:31 PM
If I'm not mistaken, AMI doesn't actually "authenticate" any of their items, as they are consigned with any description/"authentication" by the consignor themselves.
I could be wrong, but if you search the threads on here, there was talk of this a year or two ago.
You might find a MLB or NFL Auctions authenticated item, but otherwise, your on your own and MUST do the research yourself if you want to bid.

Your right, sometimes there's good things/prices, if you look hard enough.

legaleagle92481
02-16-2013, 04:52 PM
They don't actually see the items. The sellers post them themselves and when they sell they give a commission to AMI.

legaleagle92481
02-16-2013, 04:53 PM
If you all recall a few years ago AMI had an issue with paying their consignors the money they were owed so now they have the seller get paid directly.

TwinLakesPark
02-22-2013, 09:31 AM
I just had the worst experience with these clowns. About three weeks ago I won an auction item, Evan Longoria game used bat from 2006 in the Arizona Fall League. I felt like I stole it at $300.

Apparently the seller felt like I stole it too and has refused to ship the bat to me. After patiently waiting a few weeks, I finally inquired as to where the bat was. This was the response I received:

I apologize for the inconvenience. There seems to be an inventory error that was just brought to my attention and this item is not available. I have issued a refund and have given you a $25 credit for your next purchase. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience and please go shopping again. This is unusual that our inventory is off like this...

I can't wait to see this bat show up again so I can have a chat with the seller...