PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis Custom Gold Cleats for Super Bowl

alexbartacustoms
02-03-2013, 03:26 PM
How much will these go for if he ever decides to sell them or auction them off for charity?

Ray Lewis and the Baltimore Ravens will be wearing custom cleats when they take on the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday. As you can see from the photo above, some players will be wearing flashy-looking gold cleats. Others will be wearing ones that are mostly purple.
Lewis, of course, will be wearing more than just fancy colors. Near the toe of his footwear is a screen print that reads “Psalms 91,” which is a bible reference that Lewis called attention to with his undershirt after the Ravens first-round playoff win over the Indianapolis Colts.

This being the final game of Lewis’ career, he has also decided to list all of his career accomplishments on the sockliners of the cleats. His initials and jersey number appear on the tongue.
And the week of Ray Lewis continues. The PED accusation he has been facing may be the “trick of the devil (http://larrybrownsports.com/football/ray-lewis-ped-accusation-trick-of-the-devil/172659),” but it has certainly kept the spotlight shining bright on the 17-year veteran. As we know, that’s just the way he likes it.

alexbartacustoms
02-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Sorry, forgot to post a link to the article, here you go:

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/ray-lewis-custom-super-bowl-cleats/173123

mad87man
02-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Those are very awesome cleats. I honestly have no idea what those would/could sell for.

frikativ54
02-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Just more evidence of how sanctimonious Ray Lewis is. Why does he need his personal stats on the bottom of the cleats, especially when he invokes the Bible on the toe? Does he think he's some kind of demigod? Lewis alone gives me more than enough reason to cheer for the Niners.

As for the value of the shoes, if they ever were to be sold, I think it all depends on what team wins. If San Francisco prevails, the shoes will look like more of an afterthought. If Lewis...er, the Ravens, win, then he can expect a nice cut of the profits, the exact amount depending upon what entity sells them.

alexbartacustoms
02-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Those are very awesome cleats. I honestly have no idea what those would/could sell for.

It's fun to dream though...
One-of-a-kind cleats from Ray's final game, and it's the Super Bowl; I'd say someone or some sports bar in Baltimore would easily pay more than $10,000 for these cleats.

frikativ54
02-03-2013, 04:01 PM
I'd say someone or some sports bar in Baltimore would easily pay more than $10,000 for these cleats.

Is there some kind of precedent you base the $10,000 mark on?

NEFAN
02-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Just more evidence of how sanctimonious Ray Lewis is. Why does he need his personal stats on the bottom of the cleats, especially when he invokes the Bible on the toe? Does he think he's some kind of demigod? Lewis alone gives me more than enough reason to cheer for the Niners.

++++1111

alexbartacustoms
02-03-2013, 07:42 PM
It looks like Ray chose not to wear these after all.
NFL.com reported this story earlier today, I wonder if they got bad information or if Ray just changed his mind and wore purple instead.

alexbartacustoms
02-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Is there some kind of precedent you base the $10,000 mark on?

As far as my $10,000 estimate goes.
I felt it was the perfect storm to drive up the price of these cleats.
Ray is considered the best MLB of all time by many.
A 1st ballot HOFer.
It's his final game.
It's a Super Bowl.
If the Ravens win and he's named MVP, I could easily see those go for more than $10,000, IMO.

trsent
02-03-2013, 11:26 PM
As far as my $10,000 estimate goes.
I felt it was the perfect storm to drive up the price of these cleats.
Ray is considered the best MLB of all time by many.
A 1st ballot HOFer.
It's his final game.
It's a Super Bowl.
If the Ravens win and he's named MVP, I could easily see those go for more than $10,000, IMO.

Oh yeah, for charity, in Baltimore, after a victory, 10K may be light.

There are people who guy stuff like this, for charity, and don't care the price. Not everyone is a member of GUU and looking for a bargain. Too bad he didn't wear them, would have been neat.

mad87man
02-04-2013, 12:03 AM
Oh yeah, for charity, in Baltimore, after a victory, 10K may be light.

There are people who guy stuff like this, for charity, and don't care the price. Not everyone is a member of GUU and looking for a bargain. Too bad he didn't wear them, would have been neat.

How did you know he didn't wear them? i couldn't tell b/c i saw he had his feet taped but i wasn't really paying attention which is why i ask.

gingi79
02-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Anyone notice he pulled off his last home jersey after their home playoff win and handed it to his dad? I always wondered if it was out of fear someone would try and steal it, or he didn't trust the people who do laundry or even the Ravens? It just seemed like he was assuring himself that the last purple Ravens jersey he ever wore would remain in his possession. Considering my own issues with thievery by scumbags in Baltimore, I can't blame him.

These cleats could have been worn as a unique last game gift for some long time fan, an owner he apparently adores, a charitable auction, sent to the HOF or even given to his mama. The adornments were on the bottom, making them ideal for display afterward without anyone seeing them while he played. To me, that is much less obnoxious than wearing Gold shoes during an Olympics or the dopey writing on certain NBA players sneakers during a game.

trsent
02-04-2013, 03:06 AM
It looks like Ray chose not to wear these after all.
NFL.com reported this story earlier today, I wonder if they got bad information or if Ray just changed his mind and wore purple instead.

How did you know he didn't wear them? i couldn't tell b/c i saw he had his feet taped but i wasn't really paying attention which is why i ask.

Someone posted he didn't wear them.

cohibasmoker
02-04-2013, 06:27 AM
I guess if a person earns his/her money, they have a right to spend it the way they wish. From a personal note, buying a "game worn" item that Ray wore would be like buying something that OJ Simpson wore - NOT for me.

Just an opinion,

Jim