PDA

View Full Version : The name Matthew Pact

perlman9
02-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Just FYI, there is a guy in New York named Matthew Pact who claims he knows people at Steiner Sports, The New York Jets, and other parties. He is a fraud. I unfortunately got taken for a few hundred in my lesson learned, so if anyone else out there ever comes across him name, avoid him!

Also, I do know some of these guys have ties with companies and teams, so if anyone at Steiner does know his name or this person, I suggest severing ties with him as your company name may get damaged if any of his items are coming from there.

Thanks and be on the lookout!

gkdannecker@yahoo.com
02-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Would you mind explaining how you found out?

perlman9
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Sure. I found him on Craigslist selling a jersey. After contacting him, he said he knew the equipment manager for the Jets and people at Steiner. After some phone calls and texts, he said he could get a Plaxico jersey from the Jets. I sent though Western Union (I know now, but thought there was some protection but for those that don't know, there is NO protection). After some more conversation he said he could get a Zach Randolph Michigan State jersey and wanted me to send another $500 for that.

In the meantime, I said I wanted that jersey but wanted to get the other first. Two days after he said he was overnighting the original jersey, he did send the tracking number of the original purchase.

He kept pressing about the $500 for the Randolph and I said I wasn't sending until the other jersey arrived. The jersey arrived after 4pm and when I told him the jersey arrived he said he already sent his friend the $500 for the Randolph so I should Western Union him the money. He would not accept Pay Pal.

In our conversation he said his friend was overnighting the Randolph jersey the next day. So the next day I asked for the tracking number before sending the other $500, still knowing he has money of mine for the Plax jersey that has yet to be sent.

Long story short, he says he will not send the Plax unless I wire him the $500. I even said I could have a friend meet him in person to exchange the cash for the 2 jerseys. He will not do that. It seems clear he doesn't have the jerseys. Otherwise who would turn down cash!

So I have friends in the Ohio FOP that I will use to see how i can get either my money or my jersey.

After talking with a collector on here, he saw the scam early on and was helping me guide through it. Will see how it works, but I am definitely doing everything I can to get the word out about this guy to hopefully put an end to another low-life scammer.

yanks12025
02-03-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm confused. You said you received the jersey after 4. If you haven't received the plax, then what jersey did you get.

rdeversole
02-03-2013, 01:31 PM
In the meantime, I said I wanted that jersey but wanted to get the other first. Two days after he said he was overnighting the original jersey, he did send the tracking number of the original purchase.

He kept pressing about the $500 for the Randolph and I said I wasn't sending until the other jersey arrived. The jersey arrived after 4pm and when I told him the jersey arrived he said he already sent his friend the $500 for the Randolph so I should Western Union him the money. He would not accept Pay Pal.

In our conversation he said his friend was overnighting the Randolph jersey the next day. So the next day I asked for the tracking number before sending the other $500, still knowing he has money of mine for the Plax jersey that has yet to be sent.

Long story short, he says he will not send the Plax unless I wire him the $500.

Yeah - this doesn't seem to make sense.

perlman9
02-03-2013, 01:34 PM
The jersey I got was the original jersey off of craigslist. The Plax and Zach were seperate deals as we were getting the initial jersey deal done

ChicagoCubsWS
02-03-2013, 02:44 PM
You never mentioned the original jersey in the story, only the Plax and Randolph.

buccofan1990
02-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Sure. I found him on Craigslist selling a jersey. After contacting him, he said he knew the equipment manager for the Jets and people at Steiner. After some phone calls and texts, he said he could get a Plaxico jersey from the Jets. I sent though Western Union (I know now, but thought there was some protection but for those that don't know, there is NO protection). After some more conversation he said he could get a Zach Randolph Michigan State jersey and wanted me to send another $500 for that.

Long story short, he says he will not send the Plax unless I wire him the $500. I even said I could have a friend meet him in person to exchange the cash for the 2 jerseys. He will not do that. It seems clear he doesn't have the jerseys. Otherwise who would turn down cash!

So I have friends in the Ohio FOP that I will use to see how i can get either my money or my jersey.

After talking with a collector on here, he saw the scam early on and was helping me guide through it. Will see how it works, but I am definitely doing everything I can to get the word out about this guy to hopefully put an end to another low-life scammer.

I believe it was this sentence here. The original jersey was mention just never went into any detail on that jersey.

perlman9
02-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Sorry to cause confusion. Was just wanting to share with everyone that if you come across the name to be skeptical. He did send a good jersey so that ended up working out, but he still has money for another he says he will not send unless I send him more money for a third jersey. Complicated story, but just wanted to share my lessons as it seems there are newer collectors joining as well as even collector's like me that still fall for this kind of stuff.

ChicagoCubsWS
02-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Sorry to cause confusion. Was just wanting to share with everyone that if you come across the name to be skeptical. He did send a good jersey so that ended up working out, but he still has money for another he says he will not send unless I send him more money for a third jersey. Complicated story, but just wanted to share my lessons as it seems there are newer collectors joining as well as even collector's like me that still fall for this kind of stuff.

Missed the first part of your story, that was my bad.

It seems like he is just wanting you to send more money while holding your $ hostage, hoping you send $.

Contact the authorities.