PDA

View Full Version : AJ Green jersey in Ebay auction

UGA-1
02-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Okay, let me just say that I am in no way putting fault on the current seller of this jersey. I have sent an email to them letting them know this jersey has issues and as of yet, have not received a response.
I do not want to sit around and wait since the jersey has a "Buy it Now" option and could be sold before I get any communication. If this is not proper protocol I apologize.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360582772380?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

I purchased this jersey directly from JO Sports in 2011. After trying to photo match the jersey I realized that there were serious issues with it being game used. Just a few are....
1- This is a 2010 jersey because it is the 1st season that UGA used sewn on letters on the nameplate.
2- This is a 2010 jersey as the number font on the Nike size tag is more rounded as opposed to more block style used in previous years.
3-AJ wore jerseys that had "lineman" cut sleeves in 2010. This jersey has "skill" cut sleeves.

So basically, this is a 2010 jersey that AJ never used since he used a different style jersey.

I sent pictures and proof to support my findings. After several emails and a phone call, they asked that I send the jersey back for a refund. I told them that if they would redo the paperwork and call the jersey an "issued" jersey that I would still like to have it at a reduced cost. They said "NO" and told me to return it immediately. I then asked what would happen to the jersey and was told that they would just keep it.

Here is a photo of me holding the jersey in question before sending it back to JO. I would really like to know how this jersey got back out into circulation. I also want to thank this forum for educating me over the years. I was able to use that knowledge to discover this jersey was not what it seemed. You saved me a very expensive mistake.

Number9
02-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Great post full of great info.

Thanks.

Appears the auction has been ended.

UGA-1
02-04-2013, 11:42 AM
To close this post, I did talk to the seller. They were gracious and thankful for the information I provided. They did indeed close the auction.

dplettn
02-04-2013, 01:08 PM
I hope if the jersey wasn't known to be legit, AJ didn't actually inscribe it. One thing I should point out is that in an item AJ inscribed in my presence for me he used a capital "G". That capital "G" took a substantially different form than the inscription here. Not suggesting this addresses the inscriptions accuracy but I hope for AJ's sake that people don't assume the inscription was written by AJ in light of the observations shared regarding the jersey.