PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Pics Posted

ousooner_85
01-28-2013, 03:50 PM
I've searched thru posts before I started this thread but I have a couple of questions for those that post pictures.

(1) What website/or process do you use to re-size pictures?
(2) What size do you normal post pictures at?

I've noticed my pictures seem a little grainy compared to others posted. I've been using a Sony Digital Camera ($300-$400) job have a much more expensive camera with multiple lenses etc. if that makes that much difference. I'm losing alot of clarity and quality when I resize/compress the image, so I'm doing something wrong.

kylehess10
01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
1) Me personally I've always used Photoshop but if you don't have that, I'd recommend tinypic.com . I use that for all my eBay auctions and for posting images anywhere online. It lets you resize easily and quickly

2) I'd consider an image to be large at 1000 pixels on the longest end. The smallest size I'd ever use would be 400 pixels.

CampWest
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
I've searched thru posts before I started this thread but I have a couple of questions for those that post pictures.

(1) What website/or process do you use to re-size pictures?
(2) What size do you normal post pictures at?

I've noticed my pictures seem a little grainy compared to others posted. I've been using a Sony Digital Camera ($300-$400) job have a much more expensive camera with multiple lenses etc. if that makes that much difference. I'm losing alot of clarity and quality when I resize/compress the image, so I'm doing something wrong.

I usually use Photoshop to resize... but whatever software your camera came with is probably fine. I usually resize by going to Image - Resize and changing the size so the largest dimension is 5" +- and for web presentation I usually set resolution at 100 or 150. It should be noted for that I am always downsizing my files, so there is no loss of detail. Upsizing images will cause loss of quality when viewed at 100%. Camera is probably fine, its probably something set wrong on the camera or the resizing process you are doing.