PDA

View Full Version : please help me on this piece

kctarboosh
01-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Hey guys I recently picked up this game used Salvador Perez catching suit. I acquired Urey through the royals club house so I know its real. anyways I did a internet search looking your another catcher suit to see what it may be worth, and found this site.. Wow so much cool stuff on here. Like a addiction!!!! so first of hello to all of you. Now 2 questions.
1. What do think this thing is worth? I have no clue I just collect stuff.
2. What would you guys recommend for displaying it? I don't know what to do with it. I was thinking about trying to get it framed some how, bit not sure if I did what would be the best.

Please help me out

kctarboosh
01-27-2013, 02:30 PM
sorry couldn't figure out how to get the photo on there. thanks guys

dcgreg25
01-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Nice looking catcher's gear. I have minimal knowledge of the market for Royals players but owning four sets of gear myself (all Indians) my experience for mid-market teams (not the Yankees, Dodgers, etc) is that it goes for $250 (back-ups, low-level players) to $1000+ (current all stars). Given Perez's incredibly high ceiling I am guessing you could get something at the high end of that range if you decided to sell. Nice add.

kctarboosh
01-27-2013, 05:11 PM
How did you frame or display your sets? If you did I would love to see for some ideas.

dcgreg25
01-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Not the best pic with a reflection but I had homeplate heroes build a large display. Some feel their displays are a bit expensive but they worked with me when I bought several displays.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/gregguy25/IMG_1615.jpg

kctarboosh
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
nice piece