PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Harper Home Jersey help

Exit12
01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards here as a poster... Long time collector of both cards and memorabilia and I'm looking for some help... Anyone know anything about Bryce Harper's Hagerstown Suns home jerseys? I have contacted a collector who has a jersey and signed letter from the Suns GM images are below. I honestly haven't dealt with this collector before and have tried to do some research on my own but am having trouble with any type of photo matching if it was actually game worn. It is my understanding that the first run of these jerseys did not include the MiLB patch above the nameplare due to his number placemtn being too high and not allowing space for it. I am waiting for more detailed pictures of the front of the Jersey but was able to get an upclose pic of the inside tag.

This is my first time posting pics here as well so I apologize in advance for any issues...

joelsabi
01-26-2013, 06:34 PM
heres some extra photos

http://www.100percentauthentic.com/Certificates/Details/Bryce-Harper-2011-Pro-Debut-Season-Game-Worn-Rookie-Suns-Minor-League-Jersey-From-Suns-Manager-Team-Letter--Wilson-Letter-72954/72954

seems like this jersey is in an auction right now.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=76627&qf=title&t=Open&q=bryce+harper&p=0

Exit12
01-26-2013, 09:57 PM
He must have it listed there as well, I'll shoot off an email and ask him about that. I got in contact with him through another site. Does anyone have any further knowledge about these jerseys? Thanks in advance.

Dach0sen0ne
01-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Well, I don't think it could be accurate that the first run of these jerseys didn't contain the MILB logo. If you look at this photo from his home debut, it has the MILB logo on it. I'm sure anything is possible, but here is the photo credit.

(Bryce Harper warms up before the Suns’ home opener Friday night in Hagerstown. Harper, the Nationals’ prized No. 1 pick, may not be with the Suns long in what is expected to be a rapid ascent through Washington’s farm system. Consequently, the 18-year-old’s Hagerstown debut drew a sellout crowd to 81-year-old Municipal Stadium.)

Steeleraddict
01-26-2013, 10:36 PM
I think the Harper you're asking about was auctioned off last year. And pretty sure itbwas by american memoribilia. Maybe this guy was the winner and relisting. Or the site is relisting. I do remember last year a home jersey didn't have the flag and was a major "red flag" to those on this board. Perhaps u can search for that thread and/or the auction itself.
There were at least 3 away jerseys with letters from the office auctioned last year. I saw two home jerseys with letters, one without the American flag above the name.
Hope this doesn't muddy the water too much

joelsabi
01-26-2013, 11:11 PM
I think the Harper you're asking about was auctioned off last year. And pretty sure itbwas by american memoribilia. Maybe this guy was the winner and relisting. Or the site is relisting. I do remember last year a home jersey didn't have the flag and was a major "red flag" to those on this board. Perhaps u can search for that thread and/or the auction itself.
There were at least 3 away jerseys with letters from the office auctioned last year. I saw two home jerseys with letters, one without the American flag above the name.
Hope this doesn't muddy the water too much

they are two different jerseys based on the difference of the signature on the team COA.

The one in question is being sold now.

you are right, another one was sold last May for $3500
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=72954&t=Closed&p=0&q=bryce&offset=0

My first post was questioning why he is offering the jersey to collectors if he has consigned the jersey to an auction house. Is this really his jersey or someone else getting photos prior to it being consigned and claiming as his own.