PDA

View Full Version : Complete Ryan Madson jersey set for 2012

MLB~NUT
01-24-2013, 02:28 AM
This is the first time I think a team has ever auctioned off a complete year player set of jerseys pretty neat if your collector or Ryan Madson!!!

http://reds.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3045555&prmenbr=44223179&aunbr=3045555

chakes89
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Not bad for a guy that never played for them. And I love how they basically made up jerseys just so they could sell them.

Great day to be a Reds fan. lol

joelsabi
01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Not bad for a guy that never played for them. And I love how they basically made up jerseys just so they could sell them.

not sure what happened. injury? but he was contractually a Reds last year. So i see these jerseys as more or less standard season preparation by the EM than a manufactured collectible. these were probably made way before they considered having something of his auctioned off for charity.

i agree though probably not something i would consider if i had a reds collection.

joelsabi
01-24-2013, 11:12 AM
this pretty much verifies what we already know about shat is issued to a player at the beginning of a season

- 2 BP, 4 Home, 4 Road, 2 Red Alternate (interesting only 2 alternates, not 4)

rdeversole
01-24-2013, 11:37 AM

You don't believe that they would've already had them made or on order before his injury? I highly doubt these would've been made to make an extra few bucks.

chakes89
01-24-2013, 11:41 AM
not sure what happened. injury? but he was contractually a Reds last year. So i see these jerseys as more or less standard season preparation by the EM than a manufactured collectible. these were probably made way before they considered having something of his auctioned off for charity.

i agree though probably not something i would consider if i had a reds collection.
Madson got hurt in February and never threw an official pitch for them

chakes89
01-24-2013, 11:42 AM
You don't believe that they would've already had them made or on order before his injury? I highly doubt these would've been made to make an extra few bucks.
Not for someone that got hurt in February but it wouldn't surprise me.

rdeversole
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
I find those ceremonial pitching rubbers to be a blatant money grab more than anything.

trsent
01-24-2013, 11:31 PM
They make jerseys for all guys healthy or injured in case they come back or sit in the dugout during any games. This is not uncommon.

chakes89
01-25-2013, 02:16 AM
They make jerseys for all guys healthy or injured in case they come back or sit in the dugout during any games. This is not uncommon.
I am aware of that but it's still pretty crappy

chakes89
01-25-2013, 02:18 AM
I find those ceremonial pitching rubbers to be a blatant money grab more than anything.
What about blank "game used" lineup cards made up for historical games? Those are pretty funny too

rdeversole
01-25-2013, 08:30 AM
What about blank "game used" lineup cards made up for historical games? Those are pretty funny too

Yeah! I forgot about those - probably because I've never considered purchasing one and they have less appeal than a mass produced commemorative reproduction of the actual lineup card.

I know it's another team that does this but what about "game ready" baseballs? Aren't those just balls that would've possibly been used should they have been needed? That's exactly what the unused lineup ends up being. IMO, they have zero GU appeal.

Jags Fan Dan
10-15-2014, 03:31 PM
The buyer of these is still trying to unload them, not sure if any have sold, but I'm pretty tired of seeing them on ebay.