PDA

View Full Version : Dan Marino game used jersey

Carloscanterbury
01-23-2013, 11:17 PM
I've been offered this jersey. He is telling me he was given it for doing a favor for Mrino. It has a 75th Anniversary patch which would date it to 94. Can anyone tell me if it is legit or not.

I couldn't find pictures of a 94 gamer with the anniversary patch so far away from the number.

Thoughts?

Carloscanterbury
01-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Here's the back

Samets
01-24-2013, 07:02 AM
If it still has a tag, it's most likely a retail jersey. ;)

Jags Fan Dan
01-24-2013, 12:39 PM
The two photos you posted are not of the same jersey. Count the sleeve stripes.

JDubbs73
01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Agreed. Patch is too high, should rest just below the seam across the front of the jersey.

nickacs
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Hmm, that pic of the back looks awfully familiar.. I've seen that pic in an auction, either AMI or GFC perhaps. Both have sold tons of Marino "game worn" jerseys. LOL

Any better pics? tags, close-ups, in focus ones???

Preston
01-24-2013, 03:11 PM
This is a joke, right?

Jags Fan Dan
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
This is a joke, right?
I was leaning this direction myself. If you post two photos of the jersey you are being offered and the photos are not of the same jersey, maybe just call the whole thing off.

Carloscanterbury
01-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Haha I didnt even notice the tag or the stripes!!! I'm an idiot

Thanks everyone

joelsabi
01-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Haha I didnt even notice the tag or the stripes!!! I'm an idiot

Thanks everyone

You also didnt notice you used your second user ID to reduce the price on your item in the c2c folder.

Flamechicken
01-26-2013, 05:19 PM
You also didnt notice you used your second user ID to reduce the price on your item in the c2c folder.

So much for a vetting process.

cfern023
01-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Shoot, a vetting process is what has led to me not having a membership for 5 months while waiting.

Wait...did I just get in?

Probably not for long.

Carloscanterbury
01-27-2013, 04:06 PM

Ha yea didnt notice. I signed up twice in 2011 - one with work email one with personal. Did that because I never heard back after signing up with the first one.

Even though it was from 2011 they only got accepted in the last week. (I have the email to prove it) .

Ill figure out how to delete one.
Thanks

Carloscanterbury
01-27-2013, 04:17 PM
*last two weeks not week. Sorry
Sorting it out now

mickeymbz
01-27-2013, 10:30 PM

This new member sounds and writes very similar to the now banned Dolphins23

ChrisCavalier
01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Hello Jordan,

I went in and did confirm there were two accounts listed to your IP address. However, that may be explained by the fact that we did have some accounts that were held up in our system and recently approved. With that said, your second account 'Carloscanterbury" has been deleted and you can continue posting with your original account 'Takuleechch.'

In this instance, I apologize if the hold up in our system created any confusion but, going forward, please note that posting under multiple accounts is not allowed as per the forum rules. Thank you in advance for your compliance and please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Chris

Samets
01-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Chris,

Is the notification system off? I have not received a single e-mail notifying me of a new post to a subscribed thread...

ChrisCavalier
01-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Chris,

Is the notification system off? I have not received a single e-mail notifying me of a new post to a subscribed thread...
Hello Rusty,

Thanks for the post. We had done some work around the server issue to try to eliminate the issue of the site outages. I honestly don't know if that affected the notification system. I will check with our developers and get back to you. One favor I will ask. We are also looking at doing some additional work to improve the site so please bear with me if it takes a little bit to get back to you on this. That is, if there is an issue we will address it. It might take just a little time given the other things we are also looking at.

Thanks again for the post and, again, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Chris

Samets
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Chris,

thank you for the quick reply. I'm a GUU addict so I'm here pretty frequently...

ChrisCavalier
01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Chris,

thank you for the quick reply. I'm a GUU addict so I'm here pretty frequently...
Glad to hear it Rusty. Given the quality people in this community, I certainly understand why you might be an "addict" :) There are some really great people on this site and we are always happy to hear GUU is helping to serve the collecting community.

Sincerely,
Chris