PDA

View Full Version : Beltran GM2 NLDS 2-HR game bat

onlyalbert
01-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Here is my best pickup from this past weekend at the Cardianls WWU. I had some screen shots with me when I went but no autograph ticket. Had to scramble to get one! He was very nice, and gave me a great signature and inscription. He even said, "Make sure you let that dry." after he signed it. Took his time with the paint pen to make sure it looked good. The bat is authenticated to broken in the 1st inning of game 4. I think he used it in game 1 and 3 also. The first HR was easy to match with the marks, but there was no good shot of the second HR. I matched the large glob of tar on the handle right above his thumb. The tape on the handle was added by the team probably because the bat splintered a bit.

flota89
01-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Wow! That's great. Congrats!

Jags Fan Dan
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
That is a really cool bat with awesome sig and inscription. Not saying you should or shouldn't, but have you considered removing the tape from it?

5toolplayer
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Here is my best pickup from this past weekend at the Cardianls WWU. I had some screen shots with me when I went but no autograph ticket. Had to scramble to get one! He was very nice, and gave me a great signature and inscription. He even said, "Make sure you let that dry." after he signed it. Took his time with the paint pen to make sure it looked good. The bat is authenticated to broken in the 1st inning of game 4. I think he used it in game 1 and 3 also. The first HR was easy to match with the marks, but there was no good shot of the second HR. I matched the large glob of tar on the handle right above his thumb. The tape on the handle was added by the team probably because the bat splintered a bit.

What a bad ass bat! Beltran seems like a great dude! A++ Pickup

onlyalbert
01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
That is a really cool bat with awesome sig and inscription. Not saying you should or shouldn't, but have you considered removing the tape from it?

Gonna keep it as is. It is splintered quite a bit but the crack isn't too deep. Only problem is it is sticky as hell!

dplettn
01-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Congratulations and wonderful inscription!

rogergoochman
01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
awesome signature nice and big!

MichaelofSF
01-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Sweet bat!

http://www.iconsportsmedia.com/image/21156468

image of Beltran cracking it

onlyalbert
01-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Sweet bat!

http://www.iconsportsmedia.com/image/21156468

image of Beltran cracking it

Hey thanks for that! Guess that explains the team added tape. They must've put the piece back on it. So much tar on it it might have stuck itself!

MLB~NUT
01-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Great looking bat Jason!:)

jbean023
01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
That's one of the best looking bats I've seen!!

STLcollector
01-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Nice bat man I chatted with you briefly at the authentic store at wwu.

onlyalbert
01-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Nice bat man I chatted with you briefly at the authentic store at wwu.

Where you the Fireman?

STLcollector
01-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Where you the Fireman?

Yes Sir!

lukewalker
07-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Good luck on the auction - I'll be putting in a bid

KGoldin
07-01-2013, 08:50 PM
yep
here it is whoever bumped this thread!
https://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=4491&searchby=3&searchvalue=beltran&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=Carlos-Beltran-Signed-2012-NLDS-Playoff-Game-Used-Bat-(Postseason-HR