PDA

View Full Version : Paint Pens for Jerseys: Help Needed

frikativ54
01-22-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm ordering a paint pen to get a jersey signed, and I need to get it ASAP. So I'm wondering how the following paint pen would look on a jersey: it's Decocolor Glossy and is at the following link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400375975330&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160.

LMK what you think, as I can't find anything on glossy paint pens using the search feature.

-Frik

ironmanfan
01-22-2013, 09:53 AM
If you are having the number on the jersey signed, this should work fine IMO..Just make sure to shake the pen & "bleed" the ink before having the player sign it...

Good Luck

frikativ54
01-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks. I just ordered it for FanFest. I also have a Pen-Touch silver fine point paint pen, so I'll have a backup, if this one should not work as expected.

LMK if anyone else has experience with these pens and could recommend using one over the other.

Jessica4Bama
01-22-2013, 02:32 PM
I ordered one in black from them. They shipped crazy fast. I got it within two business days all the way from California.

Klattsy
01-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Are all brands of paint pen OK? I have some good deco ones, but I had to get them shipped. Our local stores sell different brands but i've been hesitant to buy one, is one as good as another? As long as its not a sharpie :)

onlyalbert
01-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Just posted some pics on the Cardinals WWU thread of some jerseys I had signed with a black Sharpie Rub A Dub fine point laundry marker. Pen worked very well, but I noticed the players never seem to write as big as you would like them to. Writing bigger avoids bleeding I think.

Jessica4Bama
01-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Are all brands of paint pen OK? I have some good deco ones, but I had to get them shipped. Our local stores sell different brands but i've been hesitant to buy one, is one as good as another? As long as its not a sharpie :)

I have used Prismacolor in broad silver metallic. It looks awesome on items. I found them at Hobby Lobby. I wouldn't get the Sharpie brand of paint pen.

hohlernr1
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
I will ONLY use silver deccos on jerseys. I've tried other paint pens before, but they have never come out as good as the deccos imo.

Here's an example of the decco (looks much nicer in person too):

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/hohlernr/Autographs/MarsonJersey.jpg

trsent
01-22-2013, 11:20 PM
I use those pens for autographed hockey pucks. I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I'm sure I could have found one in my pen bag that I could have shipped you earlier today.

As advised, start the pen first and make sure it is working and not bleeding before your jersey gets signed! Shake it and scribble on scrap paper until you are sure it is started!

jshortt
01-23-2013, 12:35 AM
I will ONLY use silver deccos on jerseys. I've tried other paint pens before, but they have never come out as good as the deccos imo.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/hohlernr/Autographs/MarsonJersey.jpg

THIS. THIS. THIS. I pretty much use Deco ONLY for my bats as well. Seriously, when you get a Deco perfectly primed, they will give you the best signatures you could possible imagine.

Good luck, Les!! And like others have said, make sure you get the felt tip saturated, and keep shaking that pen until your tick marks look nice & solid. I would also give it one last shake just before you hand it to the player, just to be sure.

-Josh

Takuleechch
10-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Has anyone used a paint pen on am actual jersey as opposed to just the numbers? If so how did it go with bleeding/spreading like sharpies sometimes do

TwinLakesPark
10-02-2013, 06:13 AM

nick - what size did you use on that jersey, the 120, 200 or 300?

Umiami338
10-02-2013, 06:46 AM
I work for a smaller autograph company and we only use DECO paint pens. Also one trick that works wonders is to hit the numbers with a little hair spray BEFORE someone signs the number. It helps prevent bleeding big time.