PDA

View Full Version : Howard Is that your jeter Mizuno on ebay?

CollectGU
11-01-2006, 10:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Derek-Jeter-Game-Used-Fielders-Glove-Mitt-AMAZING_W0QQitemZ220044481643QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50 117QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Howard,

Is this the Jeter Mizuno glove you sold that was supposed to have been used in Japan? If any forum members can help find a picture of jeter wearing this model glove it would be appreciated as I would be interested in the glove if I could find phtographic evidence. Thanks in advance..

Dave

CollectGU
11-02-2006, 02:28 PM
The LOA from Bushing states that this was used in Spring training 2001. The two pictures I could find of spring training 2001 clearly show Jeter using a Rawlings :

hblakewolf
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
The LOA from Bushing states that this was used in Spring training 2001. The two pictures I could find of spring training 2001 clearly show Jeter using a Rawlings :

Dave:

Based upon your keen research and the Bushing LOA, this does not appear to be the glove I once owned. As you have noted in at least a dozen other posts, the glove I once owned was used by Jeter during his Tour of Japan. Based upon this Jeter Glove surfacing, it now appears Jeter has used Mizuno brand on more than one occasion, Japan and spring training. Possibly a fellow Forum reader will answer your current plea for the all-important Asian Tour photo you so desperately seek.

On a related note, can you please address the following thread that specifically asked for your response from both Reid Fontaine and Rudy, however, you have not addressed either:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php\?t=4814 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php\?t=4814)

I look forward to your response to the above thread and likewise, best of luck in your continued efforts to finally put closure to the Jeter glove issue.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

CollectGU
11-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Howard,

I'm confused...Please clarify. Are you saying the glove you sold which is the one en ebay was used in Spring training of 2001, or the Tour of Japan as you stated in other posts.

Thanks,
Dave

flaco1801
11-02-2006, 03:59 PM
im confused also................."Based upon your keen research and the Bushing LOA, this does NOT appear to be the glove I once owned." i think it says "not to be the glove i once owned". reading is a terrible thing to waste Jeff

hblakewolf
11-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Howard,

I'm confused...Please clarify. Are you saying the glove you sold which is the one en ebay was used in Spring training of 2001, or the Tour of Japan as you stated in other posts.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave-
You seem confused a lot on this Forum.

Was my previous post not clear? Let me explain this at the same level as done with my 4 year old daughter with her Mickey Mouse book at bed time:

The Mizuno glove I sold was used during the Tour of Japan. Bushing or MEARS wrote a LOA on it.

The Mizuno glove on Ebay has a LOA from Bushing indicating it was used in Spring Training. I'm not familiar with Jeter's spring training glove preferences or history.

Maybe you should consider making a new post seeking photos of Jeter using Mizuno gloves during the Tour of Japan AND during spring training. Better yet, have you ever considered meeting Jeter at one of his Steiner signings and asking him directly about his Mizuno glove use? This may allow you to put closue to this ever so troubling issue.

Please reply to the thread that I included on my previous post, seeking a response to Reid and Rudy.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net