PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Sock up for bids

sox83cubs84
01-17-2013, 04:58 PM
AP carried a story today that Heritage Auctions, in their Februaruy edition, will be auctioning the infamous Curt Schilling World Series bloody sock. The sock was consigned by Schilling after having loaned it to the Baseball Hall of Fame for several years.

Dave Miedema

Danny899
01-20-2013, 04:48 PM
AP carried a story today that Heritage Auctions, in their Februaruy edition, will be auctioning the infamous Curt Schilling World Series bloody sock. The sock was consigned by Schilling after having loaned it to the Baseball Hall of Fame for several years.

Dave Miedema

Hello Dave,
Do you still use this sox83cubs84@hotmail.com email address? I sent you an email but I wasn't sure if that address was still current. Hope you're doing well.
Dan
dannysqd@comcast.net

gingi79
01-20-2013, 08:45 PM
John Henry should win it and put it in Fenway for Sox fans to enjoy. I saw it at the HOF and while it's not a bat or jersey from the WS, it is one of the most iconic pieces of Boston history.

I know we are all collectors of game worn items but shouldn't there be certain items that just find their way into publicly accessible museums?

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 06:23 AM
John Henry should win it and put it in Fenway for Sox fans to enjoy. I saw it at the HOF and while it's not a bat or jersey from the WS, it is one of the most iconic pieces of Boston history.

I know we are all collectors of game worn items but shouldn't there be certain items that just find their way into publicly accessible museums?

X2;)

sox83cubs84
01-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Hello Dave,
Do you still use this sox83cubs84@hotmail.com email address? I sent you an email but I wasn't sure if that address was still current. Hope you're doing well.
Dan
dannysqd@comcast.net

I still use it, Dan.

Dave M.

JDubbs73
01-21-2013, 07:30 PM

+1 completely agree

yanks12025
01-21-2013, 09:08 PM
If I had the money I'd buy it and test it for steroids. Also you know there were two bloody socks, one from the ALCS and World series. This one is from the world series! I think if the ALCS one was around it would sell for more because it was hyped up more about him pitching and bleeding.

yanks12025
01-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Also it wouldn't surprise me if they added blood to the sock back then to make it look like a bigger then it was. Can't wait to see what it sells for.

JDubbs73
01-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Should be interesting! I read that the ALCS sock was thrown away. Too bad, could have potentially doubled the proceeds back to the bankruptcy estate.

akrover
01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Should be interesting! I read that the ALCS sock was thrown away. Too bad, could have potentially doubled the proceeds back to the bankruptcy estate.

Yea, in the trash. I cannot believe no one grabbed that. I mean, 2004 isn't 2012, but it's not exactly the 80's either. after the McGwire HR chase it was pretty clear everything was worth preserving. Even if the HOF rep didn't grab it, it would seem someone would have. All the circumstances surrounding that were massive. The alcs sock, to me, is the real bloody sock. As a lifelong sox fan when I hear 'Bloody Sock,' I think Yankee stadium. Not the WS.

yanks12025
01-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Yea, in the trash. I cannot believe no one grabbed that. I mean, 2004 isn't 2012, but it's not exactly the 80's either. after the McGwire HR chase it was pretty clear everything was worth preserving. Even if the HOF rep didn't grab it, it would seem someone would have. All the circumstances surrounding that were massive. The alcs sock, to me, is the real bloody sock. As a lifelong sox fan when I hear 'Bloody Sock,' I think Yankee stadium. Not the WS.

I'm a Yankee fan and I agree. I actually didn't knot till reading the article that he had a bloody sock twice that post season. I thought it was against the Yankees.

joelsabi
01-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Two questions.

1) is that a photo match?
2) whats the silver sticker on cleats? old mlb hologram?

JDubbs73
01-24-2013, 09:26 AM
The photo looks pretty spot on. No idea about the sticker.