PDA

View Full Version : Game used bat ID help

red33sox
01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=110998106440&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=58399371262

Hi I am new to collecting gu bats but I came across one that I am interested in buying. Can anyone tell me if they think/know this is a genuine nokona David ortiz bat? What are the hints that would help you know this is legit? Thanks so much for your help!

spartakid
01-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Those ball marks look like they weren't made by OML balls, especially not in a game where generally you don't get that type of mark because the balls are hit so hard.

red33sox
01-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Thanks for your feedback. What do other people think?

earlywynnfan
01-13-2013, 01:48 PM
I agree with Sparta. Those ball marks look the same on many of his bats. There are some threads here that date to several years ago where those are discussed, probably under dolphinboy and that knucklehead who claimed to be a batboy -- I can't remember his name right now (I know he was once "prettyasiangirl" on ebay, but usually he's something with the Brewers, he changes it every couple months). They seemed very similar to ball marks you'd get at a batting cage.

Spend a few hours searching through game used bat threads, you'll see what we mean.

Ken

red33sox
01-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Ok thanks so much for your help! I guess I will keep away. Too bad, as I was very excited about acquiring a David Ortiz bat.

Anyone else have any opinions? I am very fortunate to have this website because of all the help of your trained eyes!