PDA

View Full Version : Question to any Forum Member

snick33
01-11-2013, 10:02 AM
I started dealing with a contact early last year. They work for a company that has a team partnership. I made a list of players that I would be interested in. Was told that they cannot sell any player until his Sr year is over Or if they declare for the draft.

As I still search auctions. I find a long list of jerseys of some of the players I listed all with certs from the company I was dealing with. When I sent my original list I was told they didn't have any of those jerseys. I don't get why they would lie about it. Now after seeing these jerseys I wonder how long ago they were sold. Especially after seeing two Jr's jerseys sell at auction in the past two weeks with certs from this company. Note these players did not declare to go to the draft at least not yet.

I did ask my contact all these same questions. Once I was told they do sell to other business. That then can do whatever they wish with the items. But I have yet to get an answer about the two Jr's jerseys.

It just confuses me. Maybe im missing something maybe im not. Any input would be great.

jppopma
01-11-2013, 11:03 AM
NCAA has some regulations about the teams selling jerseys of current players with the names attached. Many schools will sell jerseys with the names removed to comply with this regulation.

When dealing with the school directly, you may be able to get lucky and have them provide you with the nameplate. My guess is that some of the ones that you see listed may have had the nameplates reattached.

There are some teams that release them with NOB. I'm not sure if they are just not familiar with the regulation or if there is some way about them being able to sell them below a certain amount. I think the regulation is in place to prevent schools from making money on the name of students...like they don't in so many other ways.

PS; If you are trying to deal with Steiner about a Notre Dame jerseys...best of luck. I've went through many circles myself with the school pointing and saying they sell everything through Steiner and Steiner not having any of the items available.

both-teams-played-hard
01-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I think the regulation is in place to prevent schools from making money on the name of students...like they don't in so many other ways.

The Crack Baby Athletic Association does not care about crack babies.

Isn't it funny that the CBAA wants to prevent any Crack Baby from going pro, until they determine that the Crack Baby is ready?

cliffjmp33
01-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Good points by jppopma. I'll also add to that with couple ideas.

1) While an equipment room person may have your list, higher admins may come calling for items to use for silent auctions or other events. Also, the school may have an agreement with an outside company to sell them as well that others may not have known were in place.

2) Sometimes a player may "lose" the jersey. It usually costs him the wholesale costs to pay back to the school. While we all know from previous NCAA issues (i.e. Ohio State), it can be more lucrative (and illegal) for the player to then sell/barter his "lost" jersey to a someone. Again, that is illegal, but happens as we have seen in the past.

snick33
01-11-2013, 11:29 AM
NCAA has some regulations about the teams selling jerseys of current players with the names attached. Many schools will sell jerseys with the names removed to comply with this regulation.

When dealing with the school directly, you may be able to get lucky and have them provide you with the nameplate. My guess is that some of the ones that you see listed may have had the nameplates reattached.

There are some teams that release them with NOB. I'm not sure if they are just not familiar with the regulation or if there is some way about them being able to sell them below a certain amount. I think the regulation is in place to prevent schools from making money on the name of students...like they don't in so many other ways.

PS; If you are trying to deal with Steiner about a Notre Dame jerseys...best of luck. I've went through many circles myself with the school pointing and saying they sell everything through Steiner and Steiner not having any of the items available.

You know exactly what im talking about. I asked about 5 players. Now im seeing the jerseys on American Memorabilia with their certs. But these jerseys were never in stock. They simply didn't exist. So I called yesterday and asked about this years jerseys. Didn't get any yet besides the Shamrock Series. Humm well there's one on e bay with your certs...

I have picked up a couple things this season with them. Transactions went well and I happy I got what I did. But why lie. Im going to pay what anyone else is.

timb69
01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey snick, LTNS!!!

Shipp_96
01-11-2013, 05:25 PM
You know exactly what im talking about. I asked about 5 players. Now im seeing the jerseys on American Memorabilia with their certs. But these jerseys were never in stock. They simply didn't exist. So I called yesterday and asked about this years jerseys. Didn't get any yet besides the Shamrock Series. Humm well there's one on e bay with your certs...

I have picked up a couple things this season with them. Transactions went well and I happy I got what I did. But why lie. Im going to pay what anyone else is.

You have to understand at the end you do not matter to them as an individual with wants, no matter how much they tell you otherwise. I am not talking about Steiner either. I have a personal contact with an NFL team. I would ask him about two specific players every couple weeks (not high end players either mind you) and I cannot tell you how many times a day or two after calling or writing him I would see that player's jersey on here or ebay. I was like WTF? I had bought many jerseys, helmets, etc from them but at the end of the day you just don't matter like you should.

I got over it and really don't deal with him or them anymore, but I think it is just the way poor customer service is these days.