PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Team With Panini

cliffjmp33
01-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Just came across this from earlier this morning on the Broncos going with Panini. Was news to me, but I'm sure others knew. Wanted to pass along.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/panini-america-inks-exclusive-game-worn-memorabilia-deal-with-denver-broncos/

cliffjmp33
01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Some items are up. 8K for Manning.

http://www.paniniauthentic.com/memorabilia/denver-broncos-game-used.html

mad87man
01-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Wow i don't know what to think about this. It is good in a way people can get Broncos but i doubt they will work on price with people and who knows if any of them will get chopped up for cards.

jhunt28
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
already sold

Samets
01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
That was fast!

jhunt28
01-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Sold for $7,999. Probably a good price, althought it's a Peyton Broncos jersey. Not sure if he will be forever remembered as a Colt in the collecting world, or if this jersey is worth $10k+??

We have seen a Rodgers sell for $20k (in HA), which was a bit high. We also saw a Rodgers sell for $14k recently in NFL Auctions.

We saw a Brady sell infamously in Hunt Auctions for $46k (including juice), and a Brady sell this year for $25k in NFL Auctions.

So either $7,999 is a bargain...or we will see jerseys from the likes of Rodgers and Brady start to drop, although Brady will go down as one of the top 3 QBs in NFL History...

legaleagle92481
01-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Not a bad price considering what Favre Vikes stuff sold for a few years ago. Unless he wins a ring with Denver or several MVPs. I think he will be a Colt in most collectors minds. At that price though I would not hesitate to pick one up. The other prices are reasonable as well.

jhunt28
01-16-2013, 03:30 PM
The only hesitation in my mind, in that we now live in a "photo-matched obsessed" community, was that the jersey was very clean. They said it was vs the Buccaneers, so I had to check Getty. I would have thought that since the game was played in Denver, and they play on grass, that there would be some distinguishing marks on the jersey (dirt, mud, etc).

After my Getty search, I realized that his jersey from this game was in fact remarkably clean. By the time I got back to the Panini site, the jersey was gone. I think someone got a fair deal...And your reference to Favre Vikings jerseys is spot on. Although I'm not sure how a Brees jersey recently "only" sold for $6,500?????

hockeytigers
01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
I think what you have to keep in mind also, is the fact that there are a lot more passionate Broncos collectors than Colts collectors...I think its a $12,000-$15,000 jersey...

yanks12025
01-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Sold for $7,999. Probably a good price, althought it's a Peyton Broncos jersey. Not sure if he will be forever remembered as a Colt in the collecting world, or if this jersey is worth $10k+??

We have seen a Rodgers sell for $20k (in HA), which was a bit high. We also saw a Rodgers sell for $14k recently in NFL Auctions.

We saw a Brady sell infamously in Hunt Auctions for $46k (including juice), and a Brady sell this year for $25k in NFL Auctions.

So either $7,999 is a bargain...or we will see jerseys from the likes of Rodgers and Brady start to drop, although Brady will go down as one of the top 3 QBs in NFL History...

Isn't Peyton considered top 3?

jhunt28
01-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I guess it depends who you ask? Personally, I think he is top 5. Favre, Montana, Brady, Unitas, etc

I'm sure the board could debate this for years on end...My point really wasn't to start ranking qb's, but to point out that $8k was a very good price.

perlman9
01-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Another Peyton up for sale

legaleagle92481
01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Another Peyton up for sale

Its the same Peyton. They kept it on site but if you click it it says out of stock.

legaleagle92481
01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Isn't Peyton considered top 3?

With all these playoff failures doubt it but definitely top 10.

legaleagle92481
01-16-2013, 11:43 PM
The only hesitation in my mind, in that we now live in a "photo-matched obsessed" community, was that the jersey was very clean. They said it was vs the Buccaneers, so I had to check Getty. I would have thought that since the game was played in Denver, and they play on grass, that there would be some distinguishing marks on the jersey (dirt, mud, etc).

After my Getty search, I realized that his jersey from this game was in fact remarkably clean. By the time I got back to the Panini site, the jersey was gone. I think someone got a fair deal...And your reference to Favre Vikings jerseys is spot on. Although I'm not sure how a Brees jersey recently "only" sold for $6,500?????

Brees always seems to go for less. I guess there are less Saints fans.

yanks12025
01-17-2013, 05:22 AM

Yeah but Tom brady and the Pats cheated for theirs. lol

perlman9
01-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I also think there are many more Brees available. Brady for sure is the rarest jersey available I have seen of those mentioned, and with JO having the Vikings, Favre was fairly obtainable as well. But rarely was a Manning on the market but seems at least 4-5 Brees are available every year and the team sells plenty of Brees issued jerseys as well so I think his value is lower based on volume of availability.. just my take. Rogers also seems rare to his seem to get a higher price as well.

Mulligans
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
I picked up the Peyton Manning on Panini, but regrettably may need to part with it to raise some cash......If anyone is interested please leave me your email.....Thanks-Jeff

yanks12025
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM

Tom Brady doesn't look that great in the postseason lately. Funny people ripped Manning about last weeks game(meaning everyone in general not just this forum), but hear almost nothing about Brady. You know if Manning plays another 2-3 years, he could be all-time leader in several stats.