PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay?

finfanrb23
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
For a gamer in which the player had one of the worst games of his career? I've been looking for a Ryan Tannehill rookie jersey and this is the first one I've seen come available.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2003439&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=2003439

I thought it would be cool for two reasons, one it's his rookie year, and second the Fins are changing their logo/uniform next year.

But in trying to photomatch it I realized it was worn in a 37-3 beatdown by the Titans where Tannehill threw 3 INTs. So I couldn't just couldn't justify spending $2500 on it.

Normally I don't care if my team wins or loses as long as it shows nice wear, the player has a decent game, yada yada. But this one shows very minimal wear and he had a terrrible outing. So I guess my question is would a performance like that totally knock you out of the bidding on a particular jersey?

perlman9
01-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Not necessarily for me. I may pay more for a jersey where his game was tremendous, but if I have a set amount of what I would spend on a game-worn jersey of a player, then the game they played it in would not matter. However, if say I would pay $1k for a jersey of a player, and the game was great or a milestone moment happened, then i may go up from there. But is also seems like players were a new jersey every game so may not be that difficult to find another.

mad87man
01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Depends how bad you want it. It could be the only one that becomes avaialable from his rookie year and he pans out to be a great QB it could be worth some good money in the future regardless of what game it was from. Its all up to you and how easy another one will come out on the market.

Jags Fan Dan
01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Personally, I judge desirability on provenance and use shown first. I have a Brunell Redskins jersey from a pretty bad loss to the Giants, he got sacked by Strahan twice, but it is photomatched and has great use so I am very happy to have it.

NEFAN
01-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Wouldn't matter to me

loanapprover
01-12-2013, 10:53 AM
There is another Tannehill in the Hunt auction

http://huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=40&lot_num=1&lot_qual=h

finfanrb23
01-12-2013, 11:47 AM
There is another Tannehill in the Hunt auction

http://huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=40&lot_num=1&lot_qual=h

Whoa, thanks for the heads up loanapprover!! This was from his best game of the season and also has the HOF patch on it. Hopefully I'll be able to make a serious run at this one. Thanks again

beaglegypsy003
01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
If the jersey is within my price range, I would go for it. You can never tell when another one would show up. Plus as you put it the design will change and it is a rookie year jersey. I had a situation to purchase a CFL jersey of a Hawaii player directly from the team. My friend said I should wait and maybe it would get cheaper. I went ahead and bought it which turned out for the best since I never saw his jersey for sale since.

legaleagle92481
01-16-2013, 12:59 AM
I think the game does not affect value much. I have some jerseys from games where guys scored multiple tds and or put up high yardage totals others where guys did not play half the game. QB jerseys are hard to get and expensive when you get them. If you have chance to get one in your price range pounce on it because you may not get another chance at a price you can afford. Two years ago I was offered a Rodgers jersey for 6k I passed thinking the price was too high and now I and most others on here would pay 6k for Rodgers jerseys allday if we could.