PDA

View Full Version : Tape Residue

kahuna23
01-09-2013, 04:20 PM
I picked up a game used bat that had been cracked in the handle. Someone bound the crack with athletic tape. I took the tape off now there is a bunch of dried up tape residue on the bat. Does anyone know how I can remove the residue and not mess with the game use on the bat? Thanks

gameused
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Try goo gone, it shoud remove the tape residue.

rogergoochman
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
I picked up a game used bat that had been cracked in the handle. Someone bound the crack with athletic tape. I took the tape off now there is a bunch of dried up tape residue on the bat. Does anyone know how I can remove the residue and not mess with the game use on the bat? Thanks

I have seen a few mlb auctions that they taped the bat a few times around the crack/break

packfan84
02-19-2013, 01:09 AM
I have a bat that was broken in half on the handle and I was wondering what kind of tape I should use? The tape put on by MLB Auctions won't hold the bat when it is hanging vertically, after a week or so, the barrel separated from the handle piece and is sitting on end inside the case. Obviously something like gorilla tape would work, but I'm worried that would ruin the value of the bat as opposed to something like MLB used.

Thanks!