PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Seattle Mariners FanFest - January 26/27

frikativ54
01-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Greetings Fellow M's Fans:

I thought I would make a thread for Seattle Mariners' FanFest. Players who are scheduled to attend include: Brendan Ryan, Jesus Montero, Tom Wilhelmsen, Kyle Seager, Casper Wells, Michael Saunders, Blake Beavan, Dan Wilson, Jay Buhner, Mike Zunino, Nick Franklin, James Paxton, and a couple of others.

I'm especially excited this year, as the first day of the event falls on my birthday.

There is also a Felixing Photo Op booth, which I'm going to have to try out.

LMK which of you are going to show up at FanFest. I would love to meet fellow forum members. :)

frikativ54
01-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Anyone? I would love to meet fellow forum members there. :)

Rays&Mariners
01-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi Les,

My wife and I will be going! Not sure if we will be going both days. Just waiting to see the autograph schedule.

My birthday is Friday so Happy Birthday to both of us!

Eric

frikativ54
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi Les,

My wife and I will be going! Not sure if we will be going both days. Just waiting to see the autograph schedule.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Happy Birthday to you as well. :D

That's awesome that you'll make it to FanFest too. Have you gone before?

If you're at the game used booth, you'll probably see me there. I'll be wearing my Felix Hernandez road alternate navy jersey and black pants, and I have thick, dark brown hair. My Astros' cap won't make it too difficult to spot me either. :p

buccofan1990
01-22-2013, 11:16 AM
I know he's been gone awhile but any chance there could be some jack wilson items left?

Thanks

Dylan

Rays&Mariners
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi Eric,

Happy Birthday to you as well. :D

That's awesome that you'll make it to FanFest too. Have you gone before?

If you're at the game used booth, you'll probably see me there. I'll be wearing my Felix Hernandez road alternate navy jersey and black pants, and I have thick, dark brown hair. My Astros' cap won't make it too difficult to spot me either. :p

Thanks Les,

We went last year for the first time and enjoyed it! I thought I was going to be able to get FF tickets that would let us get in a couple hours early but it didnt work out :mad:

I'll be at the GU booth. Hoping to find a batting helmet or two. I'm a Big guy with Glasses prob wearing a blue throwback jersey.

Eric

frikativ54
01-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Thanks Les,

We went last year for the first time and enjoyed it! I thought I was going to be able to get FF tickets that would let us get in a couple hours early but it didnt work out :mad:

I'll be at the GU booth. Hoping to find a batting helmet or two. I'm a Big guy with Glasses prob wearing a blue throwback jersey.

Eric

Yeah, the only people who can get in early are those with season tickets. :(

We should definitely meet up at the game used booth. :)

There will almost certainly be batting helmets there, as the Mariners authenticated a set of game used helmets the last game of the season. They also authenticated maybe 90 or so older helmets, not to specific players, but only to numbers. Obviously, this means that some have been sitting around for a while and cannot necessarily be attributed to certain players.

5toolplayer
01-24-2013, 01:45 PM

There will almost certainly be batting helmets there, as the Mariners authenticated a set of game used helmets the last game of the season. They also authenticated maybe 90 or so older helmets, not to specific players, but only to numbers. Obviously, this means that some have been sitting around for a while and cannot necessarily be attributed to certain players.

Look for any Montero G/U stuff for me Les ;-) Thanks

buccofan1990
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Maybe some right handed #2 helmets possibly used by Jack Wilson? Do the mariners also sell over the phone?

frikativ54
01-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Maybe some right handed #2 helmets possibly used by Jack Wilson? Do the mariners also sell over the phone?

Going through the authentication, I found that EK242978-EK242980 are all authenticated as issued to #2. However, the numbers don't say who used them, as there is no way to be certain. Other than us photomatching them, that is.

As for the M's taking orders by phone, they don't have direct access to the helmets. They'd have to have someone search for them, and my understanding is that many are already down at the FanFest game used kiosk.

I would be willing to search for you at FanFest, if you like. Just LMK.

frikativ54
01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Look for any Montero G/U stuff for me Les ;-) Thanks

Of course. You know I'll be looking out for you. :D

marino13
01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
If there are baseballs for any series versus the Yankees, I am interested.

And if they are reasonable - I will take a dozen or two. :D

Thanks!

frikativ54
01-24-2013, 04:18 PM
If there are baseballs for any series versus the Yankees, I am interested.

And if they are reasonable - I will take a dozen or two. :D

Thanks!

Are you looking for hit balls? Groundouts? Foul tips? Or just anything pitched or hit by Yankees?

How much are you looking to pay for them?

marino13
01-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Are you looking for hit balls? Groundouts? Foul tips? Or just anything pitched or hit by Yankees?

How much are you looking to pay for them?

Generic baseballs - I paid $20 each in the past - foul tip, dirt and so forth.

Strikeout and hit - $50 each depends on the player.

But, if I can get a bundle discount - I will take two dozens and be happy with them.

buccofan1990
01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Going through the authentication, I found that EK242978-EK242980 are all authenticated as issued to #2. However, the numbers don't say who used them, as there is no way to be certain. Other than us photomatching them, that is.

As for the M's taking orders by phone, they don't have direct access to the helmets. They'd have to have someone search for them, and my understanding is that many are already down at the FanFest game used kiosk.

I would be willing to search for you at FanFest, if you like. Just LMK.

I'd be interested in anything used by Jack. If they were to have any balls helmets etc. I'd be interested.

Thanks
Dylan

frikativ54
01-24-2013, 06:01 PM
I'd be interested in anything used by Jack. If they were to have any balls helmets etc. I'd be interested.

Thanks
Dylan

Email me. I'll try to help you out. :)

buccofan1990
01-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Email me. I'll try to help you out. :)

Email sent.

Thanks

Dylan

coletrain98
01-24-2013, 06:51 PM
im going im hoping to pick up a helmet used by luis jimenez

frikativ54
01-24-2013, 09:33 PM
im going im hoping to pick up a helmet used by luis jimenez

Good luck. They've apparently put at least some helmets at the game used booth.

I would love to meet you. I'll be wearing my road alternate Felix Hernandez jersey, and I have glasses and dark curly hair. I'll invariably have an Astros' hat on, likely backwards. I have a few that I rotate, but I do Houston-only for caps. :p

frikativ54
01-25-2013, 10:42 PM

Happy Birthday, Eric. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. :)

Rays&Mariners
01-26-2013, 12:04 AM
Thanks Les! Excited for tomorrow!

We stopped at Southcenter Mall tonight for the Saunders, Wilhelmsen and Luetge signing and I couldn't believe how many people showed up. I bet tomorrow will be crazy!

Eric

frikativ54
01-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Thanks Les! Excited for tomorrow!

We stopped at Southcenter Mall tonight for the Saunders, Wilhelmsen and Luetge signing and I couldn't believe how many people showed up. I bet tomorrow will be crazy!

Eric

I'm excited too. That's great that the Saunders, et al. signing went well. I hope Safeco isn't too mobbed tomorrow; after all, there are game used items to buy. :p

TomTimmerman
01-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I'd love to pick up a Stephen Pryor worn jersey if anyone happens to see one.

Tom

5toolplayer
01-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Happy B-day!!! Hope they had some Montero items!! :D

rdeversole
01-26-2013, 05:40 PM

Tom

Hi Tom - I've been trying to connect with you. If you could please shoot me an email I'd appreciate it. rdeversole@gmail.com - Thanks

frikativ54
01-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Happy B-day!!! Hope they had some Montero items!! :D

Thanks, Scott. It was a lot of fun, but, unfortunately, there were no Montero items. Or at least none by the time the gates were opened up to non-season ticket holders. I went to the Seager signing on behalf of a forum member, so I was unable to see Jesus. I have more Seager stuff to get signed tomorrow, so I may not be able to see Montero this year. :(

frikativ54
01-26-2013, 08:58 PM

Tom

Tom - I did see a Pryor jersey. How much were you looking to spend? I think it was $180 for a game issued one that showed use.

Rays&Mariners
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Happy Birthday Les!
Sorry we didn't really get a chance to meet up today. Running from one end of the stadium to the other all day took a toll on me, lol.

I think I was the first person at the GU booth today and I didn't see anything Montero either.

I did pick up a GU helmet of Kyle Seager and Michael Saunders and a couple of locker nameplates from Saunders and Thames.

Did you get anything good?

Eric

MarinersFan34
01-28-2013, 12:13 PM
FanFest was awesome, got lots of autographs but the one I needed most, I missed, even after checking other sources, all came up empty so I think I'm like 0 for 4 now, $%#$@^...

Even for early entry there wasn't much to pick from as most everything is cherry picked before it hits the sale table/racks. The top 3 (Felix, Montero, Ackley) stuff brings in the $$ so it goes to the MLB auctions.

My haul;

Franklin Gutierrez 2012 locker nameplate (got it signed at FanFest)
Kevin Millwood 2012 locker nameplate with blue prostate cancer awareness ribbon (MLB authenticated to the date of the 6 pitcher no hitter)
Munenori Kawasaki 2012 Japan series hat (no MLB auth.)
Munenori Kawasaki 2012 Memorial Day camouflage hat
Munenori Kawasaki 2012 July 4th camouflage hat
Oliver Perez 2012 camouflage hat (I think it was from memorial day)
Unknown player batting helmet with #61 on the back
Taijuan Walker 2012 Spring Training jersey.

I went in mainly looking for an Oliver Perez jersey but I think Oliver keeps everything he can or there are some hardcore fans that bought it all before FanFest started. I don't think any of them ever hit MLB auctions either for the TBTC games. I probably struck out on the #61 helmet but that's the gamble you take though I haven't spent much time looking for photos. The helmets went back quite a few years, so it could have been anyone in the last 5-6 years, I think Matt Mangini and Luis Valbuena also wore 61. I looked through the helmets on the first day and there was no #63 helmet that I saw.

Overall for game used it wasn't anything special but I wasn't really looking for much this year, my expectations had the bar set very low. The cheapest the jerseys got was $100 during the last hours on Sunday. I got the Taijuan jersey on Sunday once I got in, that was it. In the Spring Training and BP tops I don't recall seeing Hultzen but Paxton sold the first day. There was one Nick Franklin but an employee was wearing it :mad: They seemed to encourage it since the managers standing there had no issue with them wearing the jerseys, batting helmets and swinging game used bats. Anyone else in other parks see team store employees do that?

I've got a bunch of photos to take later tonight so I'll try to put some up. Anyone else have anything to share?

Rays&Mariners
01-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi Jeremy,

What was the autograph that you missed out on?

Eric

frikativ54
01-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Happy Birthday Les!
Sorry we didn't really get a chance to meet up today. Running from one end of the stadium to the other all day took a toll on me, lol.

I think I was the first person at the GU booth today and I didn't see anything Montero either.

I did pick up a GU helmet of Kyle Seager and Michael Saunders and a couple of locker nameplates from Saunders and Thames.

Did you get anything good?

Eric

Hi Eric,

Sorry about the delay in replying, and thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes. I had tons of fun, and this was really the best M's FanFest for me. Congrats on the Seager and Saunders helmets. Did you get them to sign them for you, during the autograph lines?

Here's what I got:

1) Justin Smoak Right-Handed Helmet with the protective face piece videomatched to September of 2011. He wore it for a month after a cheek injury. I had picked this up last Sunday from the M's, after having requested it for a couple of months.
2) 2 Justin Smoak Left-Handed Helmets, one of which was authenticated as used to 2012.
3) 1 Justin Smoak Right-Handed Helmet that was game issued.

I know it's crazy, but I now have a total of 5 Smoak helmets. Two are authenticated as used, and one is videomatched. I've got to match the other two lids.

4) Kyle Seager 35th Anniversary Nameplate. I didn't have enough autograph tickets to get it signed, unfortunately.
5) Kyle Seager Game Used Memorial Day Camo Cap. Got Seager to sign it, during the Sunday autograph session.
6) Michael Saunders Game Used Memorial Day Camo Cap. Got Saunders to sign it on Saturday.
7) Justin Smoak Game Used Memorial Day Camo Cap.

8) Trayvon Robinson double-flap batting helmet. I saw a couple of employees wearing the helmet, which kind of bothered me. They claimed that they only had it on for a couple of minutes, but the time seemed longer to me. Still, $40 for a rare helmet with two flaps, even if it was employee-used, was still worth it to me.

9) Blake Beavan, Michael Morse, Michael Saunders, Kyle Seager, Mike Zunino, Nick Franklin, James Paxton, and Stefen Romero autographs. On Saturday, my birthday, my Mom went through the autograph lines to get some extra signatures for me.

frikativ54
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
There was one Nick Franklin but an employee was wearing it :mad: They seemed to encourage it since the managers standing there had no issue with them wearing the jerseys, batting helmets and swinging game used bats.

Hey Jeremy,

You sound like you picked up some awesome stuff at FanFest. Congrats, man. :)

As for the wearing of the game used items, it bothered me too. It really hit home for me when I realized that the employees were sporting a lid that I wanted. I love helmets, and the chance for a unique style is something I really cherish. And in 2011, Trayvon Robinson wore a double-flap helmet for switch-hitting, something that isn't very common in the MLB, at least nowadays. And I really wanted it. I actually almost didn't buy it, but once it went down to $40, I could live with the employee use.

If the guys at the M's Kiosk were trying on helmets in front of us, I could only imagine what they were doing when they initially sorted through them. I sure hope they didn't try on my helmet with the face flap. :eek:

I'm not saying anything against these employees, as most are nice and cordial. Many are young adults, maybe a few years my junior. The people at the M's have been very helpful to me; I just think they don't realize how much some of these items mean to us diehard collectors. :(

MarinersFan34
01-28-2013, 03:25 PM
I missed out on getting Buhner for a forum member who has been the most patient person I know of. I have more Buhner autos than I know what to do with but this is a request on the forum members item. I may have to go back to my personal contact with some $$ to see if I can sway him lol, it's a bit ridiculous now. He was at another unrelated show Sunday but I didn't know anyone going down there to get it done while I was at FanFest.

My favorite signer at FanFest is Brendan Ryan, he was the most personable in my opinion. He spent the time to talk and also took the time to suggest the pen color and location on my photo and made sure the ink was flowing well before signing. Great guy, just wish he'd hit above the Mendoza line.

The Millwood locker tag was a nice surprise since I didn't look up the holo until I got home. I really only bought it because it was the only one that had the ribbon patch glued to it.

I don't know if the Walker was there the first day or not, perhaps in my rush I missed it but I'm glad to have found it. I might have already matched it up to a card as well.

I did voice my concern over them doing it since they've actually been doing it for quite awhile now, probably since the All-star break. It will be reviewed and I should hear back on it soon. I know we will never know who wore a jersey last but just seeing that, it doesn't make me want to buy as much.

They may be college kids with no care for what the hobby is or the significance some of the items may have but it's still no excuse to wear or use the merchandise you're actually selling. We buy and collect game used memorabilia, not employee used memorabilia.

Rays&Mariners
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Les,

I did get the helmets signed there also had a Brendan Ryan helmet that I bought last year signed. As Jeremy just said, he was the best and mpest personable signer! He's a pretty funny guy!

Les, I must have missed that Seager nameplate. If you want to get rid of it let me know. I might even have something you might like in trade.

Eric

cubsWSchamps
01-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Anyone have a helmet they are willing to trade?? Those all look sweet!

frikativ54
01-28-2013, 09:49 PM
I've got a bunch of photos to take later tonight so I'll try to put some up. Anyone else have anything to share?

Looking forward to seeing your pics, Jeremy. I've got some of my own that I'll try to add in the coming day.

moo5100@yahoo.com
01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Anyone get a Jaso jersey? I have a Cahill from A's fanfest I can trade

al3xmac10
01-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi, anyone get any game-used Munenori Kawasaki or Iwakuma game-used jerseys?
Interested in buying, email works best, thank you.

frikativ54
01-29-2013, 09:26 PM

Looks like Jeremy picked up some Kawasaki items. Not sure if he's willing to sell, but you could try contacting him.

Good luck. :)

frikativ54
01-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Anyone get a Jaso jersey? I have a Cahill from A's fanfest I can trade

Email sent about Jaso. But I didn't hear back from you, so I thought that I'd make sure you got it.

MarinersFan34
01-30-2013, 05:34 AM
Here's the pictures from my game used haul minus the helmet since I'm still looking into it later.

Locker Nameplates

Munenori Kawasaki Japan Series Hat

Munenori Kawasaki 4th of July and Memorial Day Hats

Munenori Kawasaki Hats together

Oliver Perez 4th of July Hat

Taijuan Walker Spring Training Jersey

Insomniac186
01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
If anyone picked up any Rainers caps (game used or team issued) from either of their turn back the clock games I am interested in one.

Thanks!

frikativ54
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
If anyone picked up any Rainers caps (game used or team issued) from either of their turn back the clock games I am interested in one.

Thanks!

I didn't see any of these available at the game used booth. Sorry. :(

Insomniac186
01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Darn. Thanks for letting me know though!

MarinersFan34
01-30-2013, 04:57 PM
I'll keep an eye out during the season but I wouldn't expect any. I recall when they were being sold on MLB auctions they were sold as a full uniform sets, pants, jersey, hat and even helmet(s) for some.

frikativ54
01-30-2013, 05:01 PM

There was actually one Muni listed today on MLB.com Auctions:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3486186&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=3486186.

frikativ54
01-30-2013, 07:48 PM
There was actually one Muni listed today on MLB.com Auctions:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3486186&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=3486186.

Plus, an Iwakuma jersey and camo cap:

http://mariners.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3487506&prmenbr=33312614&aunbr=3487506

and

http://mariners.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3493116&prmenbr=33312614&aunbr=3493116.

frikativ54
01-31-2013, 04:40 AM
Here are some selected acquisitions from 2013 FanFest:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Seager-1-1_zps8ba1671e.jpg

Kyle Seager Autographed Memorial Day Camo Cap

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Saunders-1_zps492f5a1c.jpg

Michael Saunders Autographed Memorial Day Camo Cap

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Trayvon-1_zpsc868430a.jpg

Trayvon Robinson 2011 Double-Flap Switch Hitter's Helmet

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Trayvon-2_zpsfbc33d87.jpg

Back View of Robinson Helmet

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Smoak-Helmet-1_zps661a6b21.jpg