PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Texas Rangers alternate style baseball jersey?

cjw
11-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Hello baseball fans. Could I pls ask for your help identifying the team and or players that may have worn the following jersey? Any assistance would be appreciated. It has a Russell Athletic MLB Authentic Collection hem tag...with size 52 flag. #20 stitched on the verso.

cjw
11-07-2006, 02:39 PM
:) Any Texas Rangers fans out there?

both-teams-played-hard
11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
High School, small college, junior league, industrial league, outside chance it is a minor league, but without a doubt NOT major league....Texas Rangers have always been red, white and blue. When is the next thrift day? Post some photos of those Sand Knit basketball jerseys!

kingjammy24
11-07-2006, 03:37 PM
warren humphrey,

question for you: when supplying a high school, college, junior league team, would russell use that "authentic collection" tag with the mlb logo?

i thought the "authentic collection" referred only to mlb entities?

rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
11-07-2006, 04:24 PM
warren humphrey,

question for you: when supplying a high school, college, junior league team, would russell use that "authentic collection" tag with the mlb logo?

i thought the "authentic collection" referred only to mlb entities?

rudy.

Rudolph J. Kingjammy,
I'm glad you don't know my middle name. If you did, I'd swear this was a post from my mother or my 6th grade teacher. I don't know, I was just offering an opinion. If you know something, spill the beans!

signed,
Sir Warren Thelonius Rodriguez Sanchez Humphrey III, esquire.

cjw
11-07-2006, 04:41 PM
The tagging is what perplexed me as well.

kingjammy24
11-07-2006, 06:53 PM
the russell tag is from 2000. if it's from 2000, then it ought to have the the mlb logo on the back collar.

starting around 1992, mlb came up with a moniker to be applied to pro caps, bp jerseys, and game jerseys - the "diamond collection". this label was used by russell, new era, and majestic. it eventually changed to the "authentic collection". after looking at a couple of college/minor league gamers supplied by russell, i noticed they just had standard russell tags; no "authentic collection". i agree that texas never used gold/yellow.
they always used blue and red. in 2004, the rangers had a tbtc game where they wore the uniforms of the 1983 rangers. interestingly enough the 1983 rangers used a logo that had "TR" placed over an outline of the state of texas. the "TR" used was similar to the "TR" seen in this thread. however, it was still blue and red. if i had to guess what this jersey might be, how about a never-used salesman sample/prototype for a circa 2000 tbtc game?

rudy.

cjw
11-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks Rudy....since I found this in Toronto, I wondered if it was an unusual Toronto Raptors/MLB cross marketing item???