PDA

View Full Version : Soler, Sano and Rockford Expos

Wrigley2010
01-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Looking for any game used Soler and Sano items. Mostly bats but also interested in issued or non GU autographed items as well. Also, I have been searching for years with no luck for a vintage Rockford Expos jersey. I'm beginning to doubt there are any out there but would love for someone to prove me wrong.

Please email me at baseballislife1717@gmail.com with any item you may have and what your looking to get for them whether it be cash or trade. Cheers

Wrigley2010
01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Bump still looking.... also interested in MLB authenticated game used hit by pitch balls.

sox83cubs84
01-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Looking for any game used Soler and Sano items. Mostly bats but also interested in issued or non GU autographed items as well. Also, I have been searching for years with no luck for a vintage Rockford Expos jersey. I'm beginning to doubt there are any out there but would love for someone to prove me wrong.

Please email me at baseballislife1717@gmail.com with any item you may have and what your looking to get for them whether it be cash or trade. Cheers

Regarding Rockford Expose jerseys, they were hand-me-downs from Monreal with an "EXPOS" NOB plater sewn over the MLB player's name. I jst bought a set of 1990 or 1991 Rockford Expos cards on eBay, and a couple of the cards reflect this. If you want visual, hard copy evidence, email me and I'll send you 2 or 3 of the cards.

Dave Miedema
sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

Wrigley2010
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Dave thanks for the reply. I figured the jerseys were hand me downs as it was common practice back then. I have owned one of these jerseys before.. Delino Deshields to be exact. My father had friends who were close to the organization and as a kid I got to know the players well and was given lots of nice items that have since been tossed or given away. I know its a long shot that any may still exist but it's a piece of my childhood that I would like to reclaim. ~Joe

tella27
01-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Dave thanks for the reply. I figured the jerseys were hand me downs as it was common practice back then. I have owned one of these jerseys before.. Delino Deshields to be exact. My father had friends who were close to the organization and as a kid I got to know the players well and was given lots of nice items that have since been tossed or given away. I know its a long shot that any may still exist but it's a piece of my childhood that I would like to reclaim. ~Joe

I remember going to a ton of Expos games same with the Rockford Cubbies and the Rockford Reds. I use to have a ton of bats and jerseys from these teams. I might still have a few packed away in my mom's basement. I can check the next time I'm back that way. True story - Johnny Damon gave me a signed bat when he was with the Expos after a game. I remeber thinking who is this guy - I ended up using it to hit rocks with in my back yard. What can you do - I was around 11 at the time..

Wrigley2010
01-20-2013, 02:25 PM
I remember going to a ton of Expos games same with the Rockford Cubbies and the Rockford Reds. I use to have a ton of bats and jerseys from these teams. I might still have a few packed away in my mom's basement. I can check the next time I'm back that way. True story - Johnny Damon gave me a signed bat when he was with the Expos after a game. I remeber thinking who is this guy - I ended up using it to hit rocks with in my back yard. What can you do - I was around 11 at the time..

Definitely let me know if you do come across any of those jerseys. Great story about Damon! I remember he was always a gracious signer and even then you could tell he was going to be something. I remember having signed team balls from every year the Expos played in Rockford all of which found there way to the fierce games played in my back yard as a kid.

Wrigley2010
05-04-2013, 03:46 AM
bump!! I know the Rockford Expos jerseys still exist as I missed out on a BIN Ebay auction... this may forever haunt me!

Wrigley2010
09-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Bump

commando
05-20-2016, 09:39 PM
Well, well.... Looks like you may be in luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-L-B-MONTREAL-EXPOS-43-BLUE-AND-RED-1990-BASEBALL-JERSEY-SIZE-MEN-LARGE-/222124502269?hash=item33b7a6ecfd:g:2-EAAOSwrnNXP4h1