PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs

AM
01-05-2013, 10:23 AM
With Drew Stubbs getting progressively worse each season, and now in Cleveland, do you expect a drop in prices for his GU items?

I always felt his stuff was overpriced in the past. I chalked it up to dedicated Reds collectors and his hype as a prospect and collegiate stardom.

Just wondering. Thanks.

dplettn
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't know how market value prices on Stubbs were, but it would surprise me if it were generally high. He presents as a good guy and he was blessed not only with talent but an appearance that may always net him the benefit of the doubt with an array of fans. Moms and female fans of all ages do matter to a player's overall popularity.

I actually think Drew's career will turn out well. He'll benefit baseball-wise from a change of scenery (fans among other things). But I tend to think that as far as pricing, whether a guy hits 200 or 260 there isn't too much difference. In Cincinnati he was somewhat embraced for broader reasons (approachable with fans, defense, team play) and folks (myself included) still generally wish him very well in his future. I'd think they'll primarily want his Cleveland Indians bats, jerseys, etc... once they are endeared to him. But I do think Cleveland Indians fans will embrace him.

AM
01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
You make some good points. Thanks.

EricTheRed44
01-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I wish Stubbs well... but he was frustrating to watch at the plate! So much talent, he could be an MVP type of player if he could put it all together. The strikeouts were hard to watch though. If only they had a designated fielder position. Good luck collecting Stubbs.

AM
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I enjoyed him as a player and I'm always partial to centerfielders.

chakes89
01-05-2013, 09:14 PM
As a person that follows Reds stuff closely, I don't really think that his stuff was ever that overpriced but at the same time I think that demand will go up a bit in the coming months and that's only if Indians fans drive up prices because they want stuff from the "new guy."

That being said, do any Cleveland fans want to buy a bat? Uncracked and signed from 2008 for only $125 shipped (See what I did there? :cool:)

simmo2332
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Just in case anyone ever wants any Stubbs items please hit me up.:)

I was known as the Stubbs guy with the Reds game used authentics.

11 bats (more specifically 2010 Mother's Day bat, 2011 Opening day HR bat, walkoff HR vs Braves bat, 125th anniv rare rookie bat, and others), 2 jerseys, 1 ST jersey, cleats, 2 pairs of batting gloves, and many many more items.

I also had been in talks for his NLDS jerseys.

AM
01-05-2013, 11:49 PM
A fielding glove would be cool, but I've seen them priced pretty high.

dplettn
01-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Just in case anyone ever wants any Stubbs items please hit me up.:)

I was known as the Stubbs guy with the Reds game used authentics.

11 bats (more specifically 2010 Mother's Day bat, 2011 Opening day HR bat, walkoff HR vs Braves bat, 125th anniv rare rookie bat, and others), 2 jerseys, 1 ST jersey, cleats, 2 pairs of batting gloves, and many many more items.

I also had been in talks for his NLDS jerseys.

Adam

You got some neat ones... us Reds fans are probably all less focused/ attached to the items we have than we were when he was with the club. That's not to say we'll forget the better moments, including those we memorialized with our collections.

My son has the bat (signed and inscribed very nicely) that he used to hit 2 HRs in a single game. Also an enlarged licensed photo (with a clear match) purchased through a licensed provider. Your 2011 opener HR bat would probably mean more to him though, as he was at the game.... If you'd entertain a convenient trade, shoot me an e-mail.

If a convenient Stubbs/Stubbs trade interests you, but you are interested in having something(s) other than a bat, I do have some nice signed inscribed game used balls (a steal, a 3 RBI double). Both are inscribed very nicely.

plettner@fuse.net

jshortt
01-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Adam

You got some neat ones... us Reds fans are probably all less focused/ attached to the items we have than we were when he was with the club. That's not to say we'll forget the better moments, including those we memorialized with our collections.

My son has the bat (signed and inscribed very nicely) that he used to hit 2 HRs in a single game. Also an enlarged licensed photo (with a clear match) purchased through a licensed provider. Your 2011 opener HR bat would probably mean more to him though, as he was at the game.... If you'd entertain a convenient trade, shoot me an e-mail.

If a convenient Stubbs/Stubbs trade interests you, but you are interested in having something(s) other than a bat, I do have some nice signed inscribed game used balls (a steal, a 3 RBI double). Both are inscribed very nicely.

plettner@fuse.net

Interested as to which multi-homer game bat you have? Thought there was only 1 game he did that in this season (vs. Atl) and I have that bat which was handed to me directly by Drew.

-Josh

UTeric3232
01-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Simmo....I might be interested in the pink bat if the price is right...lmk

simmo2332
01-07-2013, 12:54 AM
email sent UTeric

dcgreg25
01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
I might be interested in Homerun bats, glove or cleats from Stubbs (not Reds Jerseys). Email me with what you might be willing to sell including prices. Thanks.

dplettn
01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Interested as to which multi-homer game bat you have? Thought there was only 1 game he did that in this season (vs. Atl) and I have that bat which was handed to me directly by Drew.

-Josh

My sons' Stubbs is July 17, 2010. Career HR #s 20 + 21 .... against the Rockies.

simmo2332
01-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Email sent about HR bats

Redsman711
03-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi I am interested in obtaining Drew Stubbs game used items. I am willing to trade also have a nice pair of Chapman game used batting gloves up for trade. Let me know

chakes89
03-22-2013, 05:33 PM
I have a signed uncracked louisville slugger that I may be wiling to part with. Drew used it during the 2008 season and it comes with a COA from Beyond the Dugout.

Email me if interested

frikativ54
03-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't know how market value prices on Stubbs were, but it would surprise me if it were generally high. He presents as a good guy and he was blessed not only with talent but an appearance that may always net him the benefit of the doubt with an array of fans. Moms and female fans of all ages do matter to a player's overall popularity

FWIW, not all women are that superficial. I'm generally unattracted to baseball players, and my favorite Mariner growing up was Randy Johnson, never a specimen of good looks. It all depends on the fan.