PDA

View Full Version : Riddell Date Stamp and NOCSAE Decal

artmonk81
01-04-2013, 11:10 PM
I have a game used Redskins helmet that I have been trying to date for a while and having no luck. The date stamp in the crown of my helmet is not just divided into half but into quadrants. The top two quadrants have D in the left and nothing in the right. The bottom two quadrants have M in the left and X in the right. It also has a NOCSAE recertification sticker that the date end has been torn off. The decal is red, so if anyone knows what year the scarlet red stickers were used, I would greatly appreciate any help. I think that I have photo matched the helmet to a specific player and year, but I want to see what I can find out about the date of the helmet before I make a final decision about my findings. Thanks in advance for any help!!

halzeus
01-05-2013, 12:07 AM
I have a Michigan Riddell helmet with a similar type date stamp. I contacted Riddell customer service and I received the info I wanted. The contact I had is this:

Leah Torres (LTorres@riddellsports.com)

Good luck.

tom1315
01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Artmonk81, please let us know what you learn from Riddell re the date code in your helmet. Thanks!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

artmonk81
01-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Will Do! I just sent Ms. Torres an email so hopefully I hear something back next week.