PDA

View Full Version : Usc Trojans

Firststringer
01-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Hello - I'm a longtime collector who's new to this forum. Always looking for game used/issued items from the University of Southern California: football, basketball, baseball. My collection spans the 1950's through present day. Please keep me in mind - and send any referrals my way. Thanks in advance!

Firststringer

BrianK
01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Welcome. Would love to see some pics of your collection some day. Fight On!

bgakladd
01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi, I have several game used USC football helmets. My favorite is an older helmet signed by Heisman winners Marcus Allen, OJ Simpson, Mike Garrett, and Charles White. Plus coaches John Robinson and John McKay. Came from Scott Tinsley, QB for the Trojans in early 1980's. He had it in his sports bar, The Draft Choice.

Firststringer
01-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Your signed helmet sounds great! I have a couple of jerseys that once hung in The Draft Choice, Tinsley's (#15) and John Kamana's (#26), a WR from Hawaii.

BryLojo
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I've got a game used baseball jersey from the early 80's I believe. Check out the pics. All signatures have been authenticated by PSA/DNA (cert # K74168), but they (PSA/DNA) screwed up the subject header. It should be Trojan Greats not Twins Greats.

Anyway, if there is any interest out there, let me know. While there maybe be some names that are more recognized for their prowess on the football field, everyone who has signed it played baseball at USC.

If anyone is interested in buying it, let me know.

bgakladd
01-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Your signed helmet sounds great! I have a couple of jerseys that once hung in The Draft Choice, Tinsley's (#15) and John Kamana's (#26), a WR from Hawaii.
If I remember right, Kamana played about the same years as Marcus Allen, correct? Your tagging on your jersey with Goodman and Sons has wash in 120 degree water I believe. I have a Marcus Allen USC jersey with Goodman and Sons tagging size 46 identical in everyway like major auction places are selling as game used. Mine says wash in lukewarm water like theirs does. Just curious because I thought all USC jerseys started the wash in lukewarm in 1982 after Allen left school. I remember the Kamana jersey because I about bought it. Glad to hear you have it.

Firststringer
01-05-2013, 10:59 PM
If I remember right, Kamana played about the same years as Marcus Allen, correct? Your tagging on your jersey with Goodman and Sons has wash in 120 degree water I believe. I have a Marcus Allen USC jersey with Goodman and Sons tagging size 46 identical in everyway like major auction places are selling as game used. Mine says wash in lukewarm water like theirs does. Just curious because I thought all USC jerseys started the wash in lukewarm in 1982 after Allen left school. I remember the Kamana jersey because I about bought it. Glad to hear you have it.

Yes, Kamana played 1980-83 so he overlapped with Allen for two years. I have the jersey put away in storage so can't check the tagging at this time but you are right - from what I understand - Goodman tagging indicates lukewarm water washing instructions post 1982. Prior to then, between 1978-1981, in addition to Goodman, USC football jerseys were also manufactured by Russell Athletic and Rawlings.

Dewey2007
01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Do you happen to have any Jim Psaltis items in your USC collection? He's a guy from my hometown who played for the Trojans in the early 50's.

Firststringer
01-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Do you happen to have any Jim Psaltis items in your USC collection? He's a guy from my hometown who played for the Trojans in the early 50's.

Unfortunately I don't. In fact I've never come across any Psaltis items. But I'd love to possess one of his Trojan jerseys.

BrianK
01-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I have this jersey. I haven't tried to ID or date it. You're making me wonder if it might be Kamana's from 1980 or 81.

Firststringer
01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
I have this jersey. I haven't tried to ID or date it. You're making me wonder if it might be Kamana's from 1980 or 81.

BrianK - based on style of Goodman tagging and the numerical font I'd say this jersey most likely was worn by a USC wide receiver by the name of Dan Garcia (1978-79).