PDA

View Full Version : Anyone making any unusual finds lately?

Vintagedeputy
12-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I hit my usual run of antique stores in the last few weeks and have picked up a late 50's unopened bottle of Moxie with Ted Williams painted on the side, 15 1955 Big League Stars /Tastee Freeze / Dairy Queen statues and a neat Havana Lions cuban statue........all for mere pennies........

Anyone else finding any goodies? Is there stuff still out there?

mjkm90
12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
I've found a couple unextraordinay pinbacks lately, but really havn't been working the loop as often. I need to get back out there. Stories like yours inspire me. Thanks for posting it :D

no_drama_plz
12-13-2005, 10:18 AM
For the most part I have been selling; however, I've kept my favorite uniforms and recently picked up my third Wright & Ditson - this one is 1910-ish, from the Normal School in Braintree, Mass., and came with a team RPPC and a hat in EXMT condition.

The unusual thing is the cap - it is an 8-panel W&D with the W&D logo stamped in silver on the leather lining band. Cap is nearly perfect, even the liner. The jersey is also in EXMT condition, and has a really nice maroon cadet collar. -runscott

Vintagedeputy
12-13-2005, 10:30 AM
http://www.cubanball.com/Images/Teams/Habana1.JPG

As I mentioned earlier, here is a pic of the Havana Lions statue that I found in a local antique store. This photo was borrowed from a site that is all about Cuban baseball history but its the exact same item I found. I'm trying to get more info on it so if anyone has any, please let me know. I'm guessing that its from the 50's and is worth about $50-100.