PDA

View Full Version : Really? Mariners Jersey labeled with Reds Property tag

rdeversole
12-29-2012, 01:54 AM
This jersey is all kinds of confusing: 2011 David Aardsma Mariners Teal Jersey with Cincinnati Reds property tag that appears faded.

Aardsma didn't play for either team in 2011 and the tag is on the wrong jersey and appears faded. What in the world is going on with this jersey?

What a weird oddity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Seattle-Mariners-David-Aardsma-53-Game-Issued-Teal-Alt-Jersey-Dave-Patch-/380539303877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5899e8f7c5

trsent
12-29-2012, 03:50 AM
You didn't even mention that it comes with a MLB Authentication Hologram #FJ-702100 - This is important because maybe the seller didn't do any homework other than the fact that it does have a MLB Auth Hologram.

The database reads:

Hologram number FJ702100 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under TEAM ISSUED JERSEY.

Session Product Description:

Session Name: SEATTLE MARINERS AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: November 07, 2011
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: 2011 SEATTLE MARINERS HOME TEAL ALTERNATE JERSEY ISSUED TO #53 DAVID AARDSMA

You should also note, David Aardsma was a member of the Seattle Mariners in 2011, he just didn't play a single Major League game for them that year as he had surgery in July and he was basically released after the season.

This jersey was obviously passed through the Seattle Mariners system as MLB Auth did certify it and Aardsma was a member of their organization from 2009-2011.

Now the Reds tag on the bottom is pretty unique how that got there! Good luck figuring that one out.

jppopma
12-30-2012, 09:07 PM
I know that Kruk has alot of Mariners jerseys which were all sourced from the team. With Majestic customizing many jerseys these days themselves, it can only be assumed that it was a mixed up when the jersey was customized. Still very odd.

commando
12-30-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm sure it was human error, as the person sewing the tags on the jersey probably grabbed a Reds tag from the wrong stack. I believe I've seen this happen before with the exclusive Sand Knit tagging, but it is very, very rare.

trsent
12-31-2012, 05:23 AM
I received the following email from an associate that I'd like to share:

"I would assume they are printed at the same time and one must have just gotten mixed up in the wrong pile at the factory and no one noticed. It happens, I think Grey Flannel had an Isiah Thomas or Joe Dumars with a Dallas Mavericks tag in a previous auction. Most likely the women or men sewing the jerseys together are not baseball fans so they probably do not know or care the difference between the Mariners and Reds."

I'm beginning to think this is a pretty cool jersey!