PDA

View Full Version : Something doesn't seem right about this jersey

Vincent
12-28-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Josh-Willingham-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-Minnesota-Twins-As-Nationals-Marlins-/271116197634?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1fc8df02

Is it me, or players don't normally wear the same jersey for weeks on end?

GameUsedGR61
12-28-2012, 02:52 PM
I think he is member on this board. I have exchanged emails with him once on an item a while back and he is a pretty trustworthy and helpful guy

yanks12025
12-28-2012, 02:52 PM
It all depends on the team, some teams will only use acouple jerseys all year. While the yankees probably use a new one every week.

frikativ54
12-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I think he is member on this board. I have exchanged emails with him once on an item a while back and he is a pretty trustworthy and helpful guy

+1.

To the OP, did you contact the seller and ask for pics of the photomatch discussed in the auction? Have you made any attempt to communicate with Ryan at all?

DJaeger22
12-28-2012, 03:06 PM
I have a Storen blue patriotic jersey from this past season that was used throughout the season whenever they wore them. I could see this one being used all year since they only wear them on certain occasions.

rdeversole
12-28-2012, 03:13 PM
That is my jersey. It was purchased through one of the best and most trustworthy sources of Nationals gear around - Mr. Andrew Lang.

In my experience, a lot of players wear the same jersey for weeks or months on end. It really depends on the team and the player. Big stars tend to go through gobs of jerseys - the lesser known guys do not, unless it's on a big market team or a team that effectively markets their GU items.

rdeversole
12-28-2012, 03:17 PM
+1.

To the OP, did you contact the seller and ask for pics of the photomatch discussed in the auction? Have you made any attempt to communicate with Ryan at all?

I haven't received any questions about this jersey through eBay or otherwise.

emann
12-28-2012, 03:28 PM
A team equipment manager I spoke with told me that his team issues around 6 home/6 away for their top guys. That breaks down to about 2 weeks of games per jersey (not factoring in alts). But, what probably happens is a couple jerseys get worn repeatedly and the rest are worn a handful of times.

If the team isn't pulling jerseys consistently to sell, they're going to keep wearing the same one.

sox83cubs84
12-28-2012, 03:48 PM
It came from Andrew Lang...nothing more need be said. It's the real thing.

Dave Miedema

NEFAN
12-28-2012, 04:00 PM
It came from Andrew Lang...nothing more need be said. It's the real thing.

Dave Miedema

Ditto

harleighb
12-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Based on what the Twins made available this year, it appears Willingham has one or two "favorite" jerseys that he wears quite a lot during the year. The use on those jerseys is quite evident.

Vincent
12-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for all of the Info, it is greatly appreciated. To the Owner of the jersey, I am sorry for this thread.

jppopma
12-28-2012, 07:45 PM
While some players may seem to be wearing a new jersey each week (and the teams selling a new one each week), I'd have to say this is not the norm. Call me old fashion, but what ever happened to the old mojo in a jersey or the comfort of wearing a jersey that has been nicely broken in. I think 2-3 sets should still be about right even these days.