PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
12-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Why Doesn't Anyone Really Buy Game Used Items On Ebay Anymore??? I've Seen Items Sit On Ebay Forever Unsold Then When The Same Item Goes To An Auction House, It Sells For A High Dollar Amount- Sometimes More Than The Original Ebay Asking Price. I Don't Get It!!! On Ebay, Sometimes I Would Even Have Like 20-30 Watchers On A Particular Item But Seems Like No One Wants To Spend A Dollar... :/

godwulf
12-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Speaking for myself....

1. I don't want the item (obviously)
2. It's way overpriced, in my opinion, with no "Make an Offer" option
3. The Seller has extremely low or bad feedback

Have you tried sounding out the members here on whether they think you're pricing your items realistically?

xmartyx
12-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Why Doesn't Anyone Really Buy Game Used Items On Ebay Anymore??? I've Seen Items Sit On Ebay Forever Unsold Then When The Same Item Goes To An Auction House, It Sells For A High Dollar Amount- Sometimes More Than The Original Ebay Asking Price. I Don't Get It!!! On Ebay, Sometimes I Would Even Have Like 20-30 Watchers On A Particular Item But Seems Like No One Wants To Spend A Dollar... :/

This is the part that bugs me the most. I've had many items listed with 10 watchers but then nothing. The only time I'll watch a fixed price auction is if I want to price search and see if I can get it cheaper. I always unwatch once I don't intend to buy. It'd be nice if others would have the same common courtesy.

Shipp_96
12-26-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't get caught up on watchers. Truth be told the more watchers I have the less likely it is to be sold I have found. Sad but true.

As for ebay, I just have found you have to put it on there for a price you can live with, not what you want or is even fair. Unless it is a HOT or ultra rare item, fleabay has become the Goodwill shop for many buyers. I had a guy lowball me recently out of items I was sick of listing, just to watch him re-list it himself once he received them!

It's why for now on unless I am a fan of a player or the team, I am no longer buying just because it has been awhile since I bought something. Or because I was impetuous and "had to have it". I just have spent too much of my hard earned money on that and am sticking to home team from now on.

legaleagle92481
12-26-2012, 07:52 PM
I have sold on Ebay for years. For the most part I have noticed if you have a high BIN even if you accept offers your item will just languish there. A high BIN seems to turn buyers off so much that they don't even bother making an offer. Ebay is bad for big ticket items but great for lower and mid priced ones that are not worth consigning to an auction stuff worth no more than a grand. What I do is start at 99 cents and more often than not I do pretty well.