PDA

View Full Version : Houston Astros 2013 Fanfest

jwal23
12-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Anybody out there hear anything yet about if the Astros are going have their clubhouse sale like they did last year? ...So far all I can find is their annual CAREavan activities on January 26th at Minute Maid in which there will be players there signing autographs but no word on any sales yet... http://mlb.mlb.com/hou/fan_forum/events.jsp

frikativ54
12-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Sweet, both Mariners' and Astros' FanFests are on my birthday! What was Houston's sale like last year?

jwal23
12-24-2012, 04:56 PM
By the time I had gotten there everything had been picked over pretty good but I did see some Biggio, Bagwell, and a few other 'stros favorites like Caminiti, Drabek, and Oswalt jerseys there (out of my price range at the time) but all in all there was a pretty good spread last year...I'm hoping that there will still be a couple of Biggio and or Bag-pipes items left this year...

frikativ54
12-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Good to know; thanks for the information.

AstrosGU
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
I will be attending on the 26th. They will have the Astros Authentics game used booth open, so please email me if you are looking for anyone in particular. I will be more than happy to check it out for you.

Astros1994
01-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Went to the Astros FanFest today. The hardest part was getting the voucher to attend the event. It only took four emails and three phones calls to get the Astros to mail the voucher. Just wish they told me they were sending it postage due. The Astros Authentics booth a nice selection of items priced to move. Player jerseys were $50 each (Limit 10), BP jerseys $20 each (limit 10), BB jerseys $25, batting helmets and bats $50 each, locker room name plates $5 each (limit 6) and stadium section signs $20 each. They also had on deck circles, stadium seats, spring training bases, jackets, t-shirts, signed baseballs, and caps.

Vincent
01-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Went to the Astros FanFest today. The hardest part was getting the voucher to attend the event. It only took four emails and three phones calls to get the Astros to mail the voucher. Just wish they told me they were sending it postage due. The Astros Authentics booth a nice selection of items priced to move. Player jerseys were $50 each (Limit 10), BP jerseys $20 each (limit 10), BB jerseys $25, batting helmets and bats $50 each, locker room name plates $5 each (limit 6) and stadium section signs $20 each. They also had on deck circles, stadium seats, spring training bases, jackets, t-shirts, signed baseballs, and caps.
Wow, that is more than generous, you pick any up?

Astros1994
01-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Wow, that is more than generous, you pick any up?

I picked up 10 jerseys all from 2012. One was a 1994 TBTC, one Los Astros, two TBTC Rainbows, a home white and 5 red home jerseys. Six of the jerseys were MLB Autenticated and all 5 red home jerseys looked to be the primary jersey the player wore due to the amount of use. Also picked up two MLB Autenticated batting helmets, 6 MLB Autenticated locker room name plates, one autenticated section sign, two brand new pro grade equipment bags and two metal open star logos that had been mounted to the stadium.

frikativ54
01-26-2013, 08:53 PM
I was hoping to fly out to Houston for FanFest, as today is my birthday. However, my email and phone call were never returned. Is there a new contact for Astros' Authentics? I would have loved to have been there today, but IDK why my inquiries were not returned.

Astros1994
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
I was hoping to fly out to Houston for FanFest, as today is my birthday. However, my email and phone call were never returned. Is there a new contact for Astros' Authentics? I would have loved to have been there today, but IDK why my inquiries were not returned.

Hi Les,

Happy Birthday! As far as I know all of the contact information for Astro Authentics is still the same. I would actually have been surprised if your inquiries were answered. Since Astros Authentics started in 2009 I have talked with Mike about 40 to 50 times each year at the ballpark. With the amount of items I have bought from them I know I am one of their top ten customers. That said I have never had a phone call returned and the only two emails that were answered involved issues. Keep in mind the Astros Authentics program is basically a part time one man operation.

Scott

BamaHater
01-26-2013, 09:54 PM
I've never had a problem dealing with Mike in Astros Authentics. I not bought loads of stuff from him but bought quite a bit. Whenever I email him he might not email me back right away and sometimes i've had to email him twice but he always get back to me. He has even gotten me things from the Authentics in the off season. He has worked with me to get what I have wanted. Class act in my book, but like has been said it is basically a one man operation and Authentics is not all Mike does.

NeonStatus
01-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Were there any Koby Clemens items this year?

baseballfan0721
01-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Did anyone get anything from Jose Altuve .

emdeem
01-27-2013, 01:54 AM
If anybody could check for any Ryan Rowland Smith gear.
Jersey or name plates would be great.

Thanks

shaunharr
01-29-2013, 12:02 AM

Can you email me please?
shaun.harr@yahoo.com