PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady GU jersey in NFL auction, $17,000 so far!!

Steeleraddict
12-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum. And my first post so be kind. I'm a die hard Steeler fan. And it kills me to make my first post of our nemesis, the Evil Empire, but this def got my attention.

Tom Brady GU jersey now at $17,000 in tne NFL auction with still 2 weeks to go. Should be interesting to follow.

The Patriots are like the Steelers in that they don't release their GU items often. I believe Bradys last jersey with NFL provenance went somewhere over $40,000, prob 50k after commission, in Hunts Auction last year.

How high can this one go? Opinions? $30,000 realistic?

alexbartacustoms
12-23-2012, 09:53 AM
I thought the exact same thing when I saw the Brady yesterday.

But the one that I love seeing right now are the Chris Johnson cleats from Monday night. 100% of the money raised will go to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund.

I think these could break $10,000, and it would be for a great reason.

legaleagle92481
12-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Prediction 40k.

Steeleraddict
12-29-2012, 05:57 PM
$20,000+ with 9 days to go

NFLELCollector
01-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Well it Seems as the BRADY and LUCK Jersey Auctions near the End,
a Familiar Deep Pockets Bidder (JHUNT) has put himself at the top,
22K+ for the BRADY and 8K for the LUCK! WOW
I am tempted to Register the User Name MIKEHUNT and Outbid JHUNT
Just for Laughs-LOL

jhunt28
01-03-2013, 07:38 PM
That's a great idea

trsent
01-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Just for Laughs-LOL

That's a great idea

Now that's an awesome exchange of posts!

Steeleraddict
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
$22,000 with 4 days left. I'm thinking it actually gets to the 30's. someone just waiting to snipe it

Steeleraddict
01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Sorry didn't see the 22k was posted.
Jhunt28....is that u bidding? Good luck. And if 28 is ur age the u don't need much luck because ur doing well in life at that age.

legaleagle92481
01-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Just for Laughs-LOL

If you do that to him I don't know how funny you will think it is when your credit card bill comes next month lol.

NFLELCollector
01-05-2013, 06:43 PM
It would DEFINATELY NOT be my Credit Card that would be Charged if i was the High Bidder on BOTH the BRADY or LUCK Jerseys,
But Thank You for your Concern about my Availibility of Funds!
-C.I.A. (Criminals In Action):cool:

@JHUNT28-You are a Special Person-Glad you have a Sense of Humor!:D

legaleagle92481
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
The Super Bowl auction has a Brady!

Steeleraddict
01-07-2013, 10:58 PM
A little over $25,000 was the final bid. Last yrs went for $50,000.
And there's another with great provenance up for auction.
Coming back to reality? What foes the next go for? $18,000?

gorilla777
01-07-2013, 11:39 PM
A little over $25,000 was the final bid. Last yrs went for $50,000.
Coming back to reality? What foes the next go for? $18,000?

Do you happen to still have the link?

Thanks

legaleagle92481
01-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Do you happen to still have the link?

Thanks

Its in Hunts SB Auction. the Links can be found on NFL auctions and Hunts site.

gorilla777
01-07-2013, 11:54 PM
I thought he meant the one that ended tonight in NFL Auction....

beantown
01-07-2013, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=Steeleraddict;311693]A little over $25,000 was the final bid. Last yrs went for $50,000.
Coming back to reality? What foes the next go for? $18,000?[/QUOTE

The Brady from last years Hunts Super Bowl auction sold for $40k...

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=35&lot_num=1&lot_qual=b

gorilla777
01-07-2013, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=Steeleraddict;311693]A little over $25,000 was the final bid. Last yrs went for $50,000.
Coming back to reality? What foes the next go for? $18,000?[/QUOTE

The Brady from last years Hunts Super Bowl auction sold for $40k...

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=35&lot_num=1&lot_qual=b

I think that is the price without the juice, so add the 20% to bring it to the $50k figure in total.

Steeleraddict
01-08-2013, 10:41 AM
To clarify on the NFL site Monday, Brady went for $25050. No juice.
Hunts auction last years Brady went for over $40k plus 20% came close or over $50000!!!!

Steeleraddict
01-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Now as leagleeagle said, theres another on the super auction.
I say high teens is the final bid. Unless Brady in the Superbowl then u may get a couple emotional fans bidding it up.

Guesses?

jhunt28
01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Interesting question...Brady jersey's are desireable because there aren't many out there. Now we have seen at least 3 being sold in the last year. I'm not sure how many are in circulation now...? But I do know that they rarely change hands.

I guess you have to wonder how many years does Brady have left at QB? I would speculate that barring injury, he has at least 3-5 years left. At this rate, that could easily be another 10 Brady jerseys in circulation. And each time a jersey is purchased, that takes one more buyer out of the equation.

For some reason the Hunt Superbowl auction get some pretty fierce buyers...and if the Patriots are lucky enough to make the Superbowl this year, you might see the Brady currently available go for over $25k. I think that will have a lot to do with the next auction price.

But it will be interesting to keep an eye on...

jhunt28
01-08-2013, 10:52 AM
And the Brady Jersey in the Hunt Superbowl auction last year sold for $46,000 ($40,000 final hammer plus 15% commission)

It was lot #1 b in the February 4-6th Auction.

legaleagle92481
01-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I think last year's Brady SB auction price was an aberration. The auction ended the day before the Super Bowl and as we all recall Brady was going to play in the Super Bowl the very next day. I think as a result some bidders got carried away in the moment. It happens alot when a player is involved in something noteworthy. If Brady had won he would have tied Montana and Bradshaw for most wins ever by a QB in SB history.

jhunt28
01-08-2013, 12:33 PM
I also think the beauty as a consignor to the Hunt auctions is the live aspect...That combined with people who can afford to spend the weekend at the SuperBowl, and some cocktails, makes for interesting bidding!!

gorilla777
01-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Now as leagleeagle said, theres another on the super auction.
I say high teens is the final bid. Unless Brady in the Superbowl then u may get a couple emotional fans bidding it up.

Guesses?

Yes, I say $40k+...the Pats likely need to win in Denver, if you follow the chalk play outcome here, so no guarantee. But if they do make it, the Live Auction format at the Super Bowl site brings in a different level of collector with different tax brackets. Even if NE doesn't make it, I will stick with the over $40k prediction....

gorilla777
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I also think the beauty as a consignor to the Hunt auctions is the live aspect...That combined with people who can afford to spend the weekend at the SuperBowl, and some cocktails, makes for interesting bidding!!

Looks like I echoed your points...forgot about the cocktail variable though.

Mulligans
01-08-2013, 12:45 PM
These are the most recent Brady Jerseys that I know of that have been available for sale or released to the public. They all came with impeccable provenance.

2009 Washed Legacy Jersey NFL Auctions SOLD $17,880

2009 International Series Jersey (a solid source states that it was given to Lou Lampson by his good Friend Bill Belichick)

2010 NFL Auctions Unwashed Jersey/Private Sale SOLD $27,000

2011 Hunt/NFL Auctions SOLD $46,000

2012 NFL Auctions SOLD $25,050

2012 Hunt/NFL International - Auction is Live.

A very reliable source told me that the Patriots presently have a minimum of 3-4 GU TB Jerseys that will be available for sale in the near future as part of a release of 3000+ other Team jerseys. They have been marketing them for the last few months to gauge level of interest. There will also be a few additional TB jerseys released that will be called GI, because they could not establish wear.

Lhaso
01-08-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm assuming the Patriots will sell these Brady jerseys on their website?

solarlottry
01-08-2013, 10:07 PM
You could compare the sale of Brady's gamers to the sale of Montana's back in the late 1980s- early 90s. The 49ers sold Montana's game worn jerseys from the 1988, 1989 and 1990 seasons and I am sure that collectors back then were concerned that prices would decline as his shirts "flooded the market"!

Try to find a legit one today! A photo matched Montana game worn jersey with Bronco Hinek LOA can run over 20K. Keep in mind that the team sold at least 10 shirts from each season and maybe more with the preseason (I have a preseason gamer with Hinek LOA) and the playoffs.

The number of Brady shirts sold by the Pats seems to be far less than the total number of Montana gamers sold just over the 1988-1990 time frame. Prior to 1988 a number of Montana gamers were also sold adding to the total number of legit Montana shirts out there. I assume the Patriots also sold a few Brady gamers prior to the 2009 season as at least one is pictured in the NFL thread. My feeling is that the number of Brady shirts sold prior to 2009 is far less than the number of pre-1988 Montana gamers sold but both are equally impossible to locate and purchase.

Even if the Patriots sell 10-15 additional Tom Brady game worn jerseys, I think that over time prices will remain high and stay that way. As stated earlier in the thread once certain jerseys are in collections they tend to stay that way. Even if the shirts are sold the sale is usually between two collectors and not on the open market. I can't remember the last time a Montana gamer with team LOA was sold at auction although MeiGrey did sell one via their website a number of years ago (sale price 21K).

Personally as a collector I buy what I like but occasionally I buy things that I think will always retain their value. HOF players like Montana, Rice and Brady will always command high prices. Even though there are a number of quality gamers out there, there are even more fakes thus further driving up the price of legit HOF shirts. It may seem like a large number of Brady gamers now but once retired, legit gamers will be few and far between (and just as expensive)!

Always buying 49er game worn jerseys and paying a finders fee.
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

legaleagle92481
01-09-2013, 02:13 AM
You could compare the sale of Brady's gamers to the sale of Montana's back in the late 1980s- early 90s. The 49ers sold Montana's game worn jerseys from the 1988, 1989 and 1990 seasons and I am sure that collectors back then were concerned that prices would decline as his shirts "flooded the market"!

Try to find a legit one today! A photo matched Montana game worn jersey with Bronco Hinek LOA can run over 20K. Keep in mind that the team sold at least 10 shirts from each season and maybe more with the preseason (I have a preseason gamer with Hinek LOA) and the playoffs.

The number of Brady shirts sold by the Pats seems to be far less than the total number of Montana gamers sold just over the 1988-1990 time frame. Prior to 1988 a number of Montana gamers were also sold adding to the total number of legit Montana shirts out there. I assume the Patriots also sold a few Brady gamers prior to the 2009 season as at least one is pictured in the NFL thread. My feeling is that the number of Brady shirts sold prior to 2009 is far less than the number of pre-1988 Montana gamers sold but both are equally impossible to locate and purchase.

Even if the Patriots sell 10-15 additional Tom Brady game worn jerseys, I think that over time prices will remain high and stay that way. As stated earlier in the thread once certain jerseys are in collections they tend to stay that way. Even if the shirts are sold the sale is usually between two collectors and not on the open market. I can't remember the last time a Montana gamer with team LOA was sold at auction although MeiGrey did sell one via their website a number of years ago (sale price 21K).

Personally as a collector I buy what I like but occasionally I buy things that I think will always retain their value. HOF players like Montana, Rice and Brady will always command high prices. Even though there are a number of quality gamers out there, there are even more fakes thus further driving up the price of legit HOF shirts. It may seem like a large number of Brady gamers now but once retired, legit gamers will be few and far between (and just as expensive)!

Always buying 49er game worn jerseys and paying a finders fee.
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

What did they sell for then?

Mulligans
01-09-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm assuming the Patriots will sell these Brady jerseys on their website?

I've spoken to them a few times and it appears that they don't really have a solid plan? The original plan was to offer the Jerseys through the Pats Website in a "non auction format", but I think they are now discussing offering the bigger names through NFL Auctions next year. They said that they are done releasing new inventory this year....not really sure why?

Steeleraddict
01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Absolutely, who makes the superbowl affects the price in that weekend auction. As a small consolation of the steelers not making it last year was that big bens and other Pitt players went for less than they normally would.
I believe rothlisberger's 9/11 jersey went for around $9000 in hunts Superbowl auction last year. I've been to prev Pitt S.B.'s where my buddies woulda bid the world on Harrison, polamalu etc jerseys. They already spent thousands on the weekend so "what the heck?" "let's get a game used h ward jersey"

marks01234
01-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Good to hear about more jersey's hitting the market.

I'll probably never own a HOF QB's GW jersey but they are certainly nice to look at.

Steeleraddict
01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Solarlottery, mulligans, et al
Do u think the patriots or any team (green bay) would get more on their own site or nfl's site? Just list it for a higher number on their home site and eventually get their asking price.

Steeleraddict
01-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Say Brady goes to the Superbowl. And hunt auctioning off his 3rd(?) legitimate jersey that weekend with rabid patriot fans present. How high does this on go for? I'm thinking low $30's. Thousand dollars that is. His first went for a total of 50k. Last one, 25k

Thoughts?

Samets
01-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Won't matter now, no superbawl for the Pats...

As much as I would love to own a killer jersey like that, being a Bears only collector, there hasn't been a QB here worth over 10K in a very long time...

Steeleraddict
01-26-2013, 10:49 PM
I agree. I think it's at 25,000 with a week to go. If I remember, the $50k jersey was a home jersey. If I were someone who had 50k to spend on a jersey, I def would spend at least 30k for an away jersey to display next to it.

Steeleraddict
10-16-2013, 11:30 AM
As happyyoungster just posted Aaron Rodgers just went for somewhere over 29k. Lets call it $30000.

It was a home game used auction by NFL.com for provenance. How many of these are there out there? Certainly seems HOF qbs going for huge money.

Thoughts?

jhunt28
10-16-2013, 12:44 PM
I feel like such a dips&#t for selling my Rodgers for $7k...UGGGGGH

Steeleraddict
10-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Posted this in the other thread...

If u want my humble opinion, lately provenance direct from MLB, NBA and NFL has tremendous or at least some value. With the discussion about D.C. Sports, J.O. Sports and various auction houses. Some LOA's are now certainly suspect.
In this arena reputation is everything.
I for one have steered to as ironclad provenance as I can get. Can't even trust certain NFL players word. Maybe another Greenbay QB not named Rodgers?

nickacs
10-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Posted this in the other thread...

If u want my humble opinion, lately provenance direct from MLB, NBA and NFL has tremendous or at least some value. With the discussion about D.C. Sports, J.O. Sports and various auction houses. Some LOA's are now certainly suspect.

I agree 100%. Someone posted, I think, in the Paragon Auction pickup thread today on how some NFL HOF caliber jerseys went for so low and other auction sites they go for thousands. That's why I like, in particular, Goldin Auctions because a lot of the MLB stuff is MLB authenticated. And yea, like a Jerry Rice jersey, if it has the "Bronco tape" and maybe even LOA on SF office stationary, I'll buy that any day over an Ebay/auction house Rice with nothing to back up it's authenticity.

jhunt28
10-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Here we go...the first TB jersey that I have seen this year up for auction...should be interesting to see how much this goes for?

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=78540&pgmode2=$pgmode2

Steeleraddict
11-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Another Brady jersey on NFL auction this nov 2013... Went for $30500. When's the insanity end? Although I'd pay that much for a lambert jersey or helmet

jhunt28
11-05-2013, 07:44 AM
I believe NFL Auctions always commands a premium, whether people are looking to donate to charitable causes, or prefer the NFL COA's? Brady jerseys are hard to find, and most collectors don't part with them often. I really think the Hunt Auction price of $46,000 a few years back skewed the market, and gives buyers comfort in the fact that the $30,000 range seems reasonable? I think buyers view the "high end" market like real estate, and look for current comps. The lack of supply in the Brady market still seems to easily command $25-$30k per jersey.

I think the Walter Payton helmet in AMI will provide a new record price for a helmet, or near record price...this should set the market for equivalent helmets of HOF players in high demand, who have very scarce supply floating around the market.