PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Phillies Collection

tharuier
11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Everyone I am out of town but when my wife came home she noticed someone had broken into the back of the house and ransacked my collection.

I do not know everything that is missing as of yet but I do know the following are gone from pictures she sent.

73 Greg Luzinski Home signed jersey
67 Andy Seminick Road jersey ( The size tag is faded very noticable )
69 Ron Stone home jersey
06 Aaron Rowand St pattys day uniform.
11 Road Roy Oswalt jersey
52 Maje Mcdonnell Home jersey ( no number on back )
Carlos Ruiz chest protector signed on front.
Andy Seminick eugene emeralds hat

Will add to the list when I get back in town. Please if anyone sees any of these items pop up let me know asap.

cliffjmp33
11-14-2012, 12:03 PM
That just sucks on every level and sorry to hear. I'll keep my eyes open locally on Philly Craigslist and let you know if I see anything.

TNTtoys
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Everyone I am out of town but when my wife came home she noticed someone had broken into the back of the house and ransacked my collection.

I do not know everything that is missing as of yet but I do know the following are gone from pictures she sent.

69 Ron Stone home jersey

Will add to the list when I get back in town. Please if anyone sees any of these items pop up let me know asap.

Rob,

Please tell me you had insurance.

Nick

tharuier
11-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Rob,

Please tell me you had insurance.

Nick

Nick, unfortunately no on my collection. I talked to my homeowners and they will cover a portion but everything is a loss for the most part. They didn't take everything but from the pics I would say atleast 80 jerseys and most of the helmets are gone.

I will be coming home tomorrow night to assess everything. I am going to add pics and list anything identifiable that is missing. After years of collecting ( I wont say what I really want to say ) some scumbags just destroyed it. The one lucky part is no one was home and they didn't get into the main house.

bruno89
11-14-2012, 01:02 PM
wow that really sucks and im sorry to hear that ,i can only imagine what and how would i feel if the same happened to my collection:( ...

This may or may not be off topic but this is maybe part of the reason why i have always struggled myself about showing what i have to others ,part of the trust issue i guess but also part of if others dont know about it then they might not see it as a way to get to it...

But i hope the people that did this to you get caught and somehow you able to get most if not all the items back ...somehow...is the only thing they stold Phillies and memorabilia items...?Nothing else...?

tharuier
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
wow that really sucks and im sorry to hear that ,i can only imagine what and how would i feel if the same happened to my collection:( ...

This may or may not be off topic but this is maybe part of the reason why i have always struggled myself about showing what i have to others ,part of the trust issue i guess but also part of if others dont know about it then they might not see it as a way to get to it...

But i hope the people that did this to you get caught and somehow you able to get most if not all the items back ...somehow...is the only thing they stold Phillies and memorabilia items...?Nothing else...?

No they took my tv and electronics as well. So I don't know if its someone who knew or just trying to get money.

Jags Fan Dan
11-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Nick, unfortunately no on my collection. I talked to my homeowners and they will cover a portion but everything is a loss for the most part. They didn't take everything but from the pics I would say atleast 80 jerseys and most of the helmets are gone.

I will be coming home tomorrow night to assess everything. I am going to add pics and list anything identifiable that is missing. After years of collecting ( I wont say what I really want to say ) some scumbags just destroyed it. The one lucky part is no one was home and they didn't get into the main house.
As a property insurance adjuster for the last 11 years, I would love to see how your insurance company is limiting your collection as part of this claim. Did they specify to you what limit was being applied? I'd love to see a copy of your policy (not your declarations, nothing with any personal info) or if you can at least tell me what form # it is (HO3, HO5, etc.) to see how they came up with that conclusion. The HO3 policy that most of us have on our homes consists of fairly universal language and does not have any language that I am aware of that would limit this loss.

tharuier
11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
As a property insurance adjuster for the last 11 years, I would love to see how your insurance company is limiting your collection as part of this claim. Did they specify to you what limit was being applied? I'd love to see a copy of your policy (not your declarations, nothing with any personal info) or if you can at least tell me what form # it is (HO3, HO5, etc.) to see how they came up with that conclusion. The HO3 policy that most of us have on our homes consists of fairly universal language and does not have any language that I am aware of that would limit this loss.

Dan only talked briefly but they are saying since it wasn't in the main house it is limited to 10,000. If you have any info please don't hesitate to email me.

Not sure what ho since I don't have the policy until I get home. I would deeply appreciate any help.

legaleagle92481
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Who did you tell about your collection that lives near you? Make a list and narrow it down from there. Obviously it is someone you told about your collection or someone that one of them told who took your stuff. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

legaleagle92481
11-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Although you say other stuff was taken I doubt a thief would take sports stuff unless they were expecting it to be there. I have learned the average person has no clue what this stuff is worth and someone who took so much of it would seem to have known what they were taking.

Jags Fan Dan
11-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Dan only talked briefly but they are saying since it wasn't in the main house it is limited to 10,000. If you have any info please don't hesitate to email me.

Not sure what ho since I don't have the policy until I get home. I would deeply appreciate any help.
Please email me at danno_45255 at yahoo. I will help all I can. I know contents are limited to 10% of the policy limit on an HO3 if they are located away from the residence premises. But even if they are in a detached structure, they are fully insured as long as the detached structure is at the residence premises. For example, items located in my shed behind my house are not limited to 10% of my contents limit just because they are not inside my house. Now, if they were at my mom's house or in her shed, then the 10% would apply.

Rob
11-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the theft.

I live in the Philly area and will let you know if I see anything that was stolen from you

cohibasmoker
11-15-2012, 07:47 AM

69 Ron Stone home jersey

I live in the South Jersey area and will keep a check for you. When you get home, email me the entire list. You should make a detailed list and give it to the Police when you file the Police report BUT DO NOT publicly post all of the items that were taken.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

jppopma
11-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss. Like legal mentioned, I would take a look into who knew about your collection and then take it a step beyond to look into who knew that you were going to be gone. The fact is that 90% of the world does not know or understand the value of our jerseys (thieves look to take things they want or can turn into quick cash).

Do you have kids? They often make the mistake of talking to friends and telling them all about the big money stuff their parents have....and then casually mention that you are going our of town for a little bit.

From a police standpoint, I can say that most burglaries are known suspect. Check with your police department when you make a report and ask if there were a rash of burglaries in your neighborhood (which would indicate random). Also provide the police department with photos and good descriptions of the items. Many police departments have good ties with the area pawn shops; many places require a pawn shop to report what they buy, but sharing information with them can get them on alert to notice things that they may not often buy otherwise. They can also share the information through the local fusion center so that other police agencies throughout the state are made aware of the theft.

Best of luck with the insurance and again sorry to hear of your loss.

R_Aaronson
11-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Dude, sorry for the loss!:(

This should be a reminder for those (myself included) who have not cataloged/photographed their collections entirely to do so sooner rather than later.

Seems like a no brainer but we get busy, lazy, etc.

Just my 2 cents

-Randy

cubsWSchamps
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow, im very sorry to hear that. I will keep my eye out for you.

tharuier
11-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Everyone thank you for the help it is greatly appreciated.

I am making my list of everything missing and will email it out. Like Cohiba said it might be better to not list very thing publicly as I never thought about that.

Talked to local department and they said to send them everything missing as well since it could be local kids looking to make a quick buck and since I didn't have much other then sports items they just took what they could.

Next step tomorrow is talking with homeowners as I am hoping when I talked to them earlier I might not of made myself clear.

Again everyone on this forum has been amazing and it is my pleasure to be here.

tharuier
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Update. I have recieved money through my insurance to replace collection. Since I can't start all over again I have sold off my last few remaining items and I am getting out of the hobby.
It was a pleasure learning from you guys and talking to you all.

Again everyone please take care.

joelsabi
11-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Update. I have recieved money through my insurance to replace collection. Since I can't start all over again I have sold off my last few remaining items and I am getting out of the hobby.
It was a pleasure learning from you guys and talking to you all.

Again everyone please take care.

good luck to you.

i hope that collectors are still on the look out and that they find your stuff. its unfair that you couldnt leave the hobby under better circumstances.

Jags Fan Dan
11-28-2012, 08:17 AM
That really does stink that your leaving the hoby this way, but I have to admit, if my collection was stolen, I don't think I would have it in me to start all over either.

perlman9
11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Not saying it is, but could this be one? Just a new ebay user and very little description
http://www.ebay.com/itm/old-phillies-jersey-/300825571557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460a99f0e5

buc
11-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Not saying it is, but could this be one? Just a new ebay user and very little description
http://www.ebay.com/itm/old-phillies-jersey-/300825571557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460a99f0e5

He is also selling Rowand's St. Patty's Day jersey:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Phillies-Jersey-Rowand-/300825573527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460a99f897

cliffjmp33
11-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I had been trying to help look on Craigslist and I missed this one until just now.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clt/3412743555.html

"some old phillies jersey. gary color.

have someting in collar but dont now what it says. s something.

need some buck s for xmas.

CASH ONly"

joelsabi
11-28-2012, 11:38 AM

maybe he didnt know it was a manager's uniform (Dallas Green). I emailed him for additional photos ;) just in case.

joelsabi
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM
maybe he didnt know it was a manager's uniform (Dallas Green). I emailed him for additional photos ;) just in case.

its joe lis from 1970. thought it said 1979.

CollectGU
11-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I am speaking to the guy that has these jerseys via email. I'm sure of it. He has the Luzinski and the Seminick and wants to sell them to me for $600. I have no idea what to do any advice is appreciated. He wants cash or money order..

anyone can contact me @ djob0001@yahoo.com

Dave

joelsabi
11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
I am speaking to the guy that has these jerseys via email. I'm sure of it. He has the Luzinski and the Seminick and wants to sell them to me for $600. I have no idea what to do any advice is appreciated. He wants cash or money order..

anyone can contact me @ djob0001@yahoo.com

Dave

he just sold the st pat jersey off line.

i notified the member just now about his stuff being online.

keep the email correspondence and try to get as much info as possible (name, address, etc. )

tharuier
12-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Finally get to post this now. Thanks to the help of 3 forum members and 1 admin as well as many others who helped point my items out that were for sale, I have been able to recover the majority of my items.

I could not post anything until after a trail but he has pleaded guilty so I am able to post this now. The detective set up a meeting to buy and ended up catching him.

I cannot say how grateful I am.

EricTheRed44
12-20-2012, 09:26 PM
That is great news! Glad you were able to catch the guy. Hope all goes smooth and you were able to get most of what you really cared about back.

Joe

slab0meat
12-20-2012, 09:40 PM
That is great. I'd read your old thread and felt horribly for you. I'm very happy you pretty much have a good outcome.

Congrats.

:)

ironmanfan
12-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Are you keeping the items or the insurance money?

finfanrb23
12-20-2012, 09:54 PM
That's awesome news!!! Major props go out to everyone who helped track the scumbag down

sportscentury
12-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Are you keeping the items or the insurance money?

It is simply unbelievable how fast all of this has transpired: the robbery, the insurance investigation, the insurance payout, the criminal investigation, the criminal charges, the apprehension of the criminal, the guilty plea, etc. All in just a few weeks! Absolutely incredible!

ironmanfan
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
That's awesome news!!! Major props go out to everyone who helped track the scumbag down

I think the three members and the administrator who helped you out with this definitely derserve some public board recognition.

Please identify them so we can pass on our gratitude to them personally.

gadsden86
12-20-2012, 10:42 PM
glad your stuff was found good for you to get it back.

Masimen
12-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Great News! Glad it all worked out in the end.

jppopma
12-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Great news! Glad everything worked out and kuddos to the PD for working the case in these times of cut budgets.

emann
12-21-2012, 12:49 AM
It might be good to post a list of the items you couldn't recover. Chances are, especially with this hobby, they'll come around again and this might help in the future...

Klattsy
12-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Would love to read a play by play of how it all folded out. i.e investigation to sting to arrest...

sportscentury
12-21-2012, 01:58 AM
I think the three members and the administrator who helped you out with this definitely derserve some public board recognition.

Please identify them so we can pass on our gratitude to them personally.

I agree ^^

Would love to read a play by play of how it all folded out. i.e investigation to sting to arrest...

Absolutely -- let's hear the details!

tigerdale
12-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Thats great news. I couldn't be happier that you got your items back. There are so many good people in this world, its always so sad when a few always try to ruin it for others.

yanks12025
12-21-2012, 09:08 AM
So did you know the guy or was it a friend of a friend. Just because he had to know you had a huge sports collection before.

tigerdale
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
yes, Id love to hear a play by play too how this all panned out, timeframe and everything. It would be educational for all of us. How does that work w/ insurance when items are recovered?

alexbartacustoms
12-21-2012, 12:45 PM
That's fantastic news!
I'm glad you were able to recover much of your collection.
It's nice to see forum members sticking together to help each other out.

KTroublesome
12-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Great news man. As a fellow Phillies collector I would be devastated if something like that happened to me and I would hope others like me would pull together and help. Really shows the good this board can be used for.

sportscentury
12-22-2012, 05:16 AM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=53217

Robert -- just saw this new for-sale post of yours. I assume these are some of the items that were stolen. Do you have the 86 Mike Schmidt road jersey that came from Grey Flannel earlier this year?

russyurk
12-23-2012, 11:21 AM
That is great news and I'm sure quite a relief. If your collection was insured do you mind sharing which company you were with and how easy there were to work with filing a claim, etc. There have been many insurance threads but they all lack the most important part.....filing a claim. Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.

sportscentury
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
That is great news and I'm sure quite a relief. If your collection was insured do you mind sharing which company you were with and how easy there were to work with filing a claim, etc. There have been many insurance threads but they all lack the most important part.....filing a claim. Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.

I'd be interested in knowing the insurance company, too!

WadeInBmore
12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Really is great news. Worst nightmare to feel good story if the year. Amazing. I'd love to know if you knew the guy or if the criminal simply had dumb luck. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas.

Wade

tigerdale
12-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Finally get to post this now. Thanks to the help of 3 forum members and 1 admin as well as many others who helped point my items out that were for sale, I have been able to recover the majority of my items.

I could not post anything until after a trail but he has pleaded guilty so I am able to post this now. The detective set up a meeting to buy and ended up catching him.

I cannot say how grateful I am.

Once again, I think this is fantastic news. I would really like to hear the whole story too, from the beginning to end. The GUU community seemed to play a part, were all excited to hear all the details. People have asked a lot of questions that will be great to hear answers on. Who helped from GUU, they do deserve a big shout out!! Did you know the thiefs, what insurance company was it..I'm think this whole story will be educational for all of us!

cohibasmoker
12-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Once again, I think this is fantastic news. I would really like to hear the whole story too, from the beginning to end. The GUU community seemed to play a part, were all excited to hear all the details. People have asked a lot of questions that will be great to hear answers on. Who helped from GUU, they do deserve a big shout out!! Did you know the thiefs, what insurance company was it..I'm think this whole story will be educational for all of us!

I am looking to insure my collection and I wish I knew what Insurance company covered the theft. If I understand it correctly, the Insurance company paid off the claim. When the items were recovered, the Insurance company dd not claim the items but let the claimant keep the items. That's pretty cool and that's the company I'd like to insure my items with.

Jim

sportscentury
12-24-2012, 12:01 PM
I am looking to insure my collection and I wish I knew what Insurance company covered the theft. If I understand it correctly, the Insurance company paid off the claim. When the items were recovered, the Insurance company dd not claim the items but let the claimant keep the items. That's pretty cool and that's the company I'd like to insure my items with.

Jim

Yes that is simply unbelievable! I know the OP (Robert ...or is it Tom??) has posted a new For Sale thread here on GUU and that he is aware of all of the questions that are waiting for him here in this thread. I hope he will respond soon -- so many missing pieces to this incredible story that I'd like to learn about!

karamaxjoe
12-24-2012, 02:00 PM
If I understand it correctly, the Insurance company paid off the claim. When the items were recovered, the Insurance company dd not claim the items but let the claimant keep the items.

Is that even possible? Sounds like an open invitation to insurance fraud.

KTroublesome
12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
It is simply unbelievable how fast all of this has transpired: the robbery, the insurance investigation, the insurance payout, the criminal investigation, the criminal charges, the apprehension of the criminal, the guilty plea, etc. All in just a few weeks! Absolutely incredible!

I mean...not really. Think about it, if someone were to try to sell the items asap, the police would jump on the chance to aprehend them asap. Once arrested, you are arraigned within 24 hours I believe. And when in front of a judge, if there is overwhelming evidence against the defendent and if the defendent decides to enter a guilty plea the judge will skip trial and move straight to the sentencing.

sportscentury
12-25-2012, 01:46 PM
I mean...not really. Think about it, if someone were to try to sell the items asap, the police would jump on the chance to aprehend them asap. Once arrested, you are arraigned within 24 hours I believe. And when in front of a judge, if there is overwhelming evidence against the defendent and if the defendent decides to enter a guilty plea the judge will skip trial and move straight to the sentencing.

Silly me. If only I knew a little something about criminal justice and criminal law. Oh well, thanks for setting me straight, Kevin!

sportscentury
12-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Is that even possible? Sounds like an open invitation to insurance fraud.

And for a more sensible post, see above ^^^^.

KTroublesome
12-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Silly me. If only I knew a little something about criminal justice and criminal law. Oh well, thanks for setting me straight, Kevin!

Hey man...wasnt tryin to be a dick about it. I was merely trying to point out that it is logistacally believable.

gorilla777
12-26-2012, 05:07 PM
The swift and efficient justice system is really impressive in this case! Bravo, well done....quite a turnaround time.

sportscentury
12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey man...wasnt tryin to be a dick about it. I was merely trying to point out that it is logistacally believable.

Only to some.

There's more on this on the Game Used Collector website.

Dave Miedema

Yes, there is a lot more information there about this story. I can't say I'm surprised that the OP (Robert Bradley ... or Tom Williams?) still has not responded to any of the questions posed to him in this thread.

TNTtoys
12-28-2012, 10:10 PM
The admin team was asked to delete the original thread on this topic sometime late November.

It was pointed out to us that some of Robert's jerseys surfaced on Craig's List and ebay (not even 2 weeks after he reported everything as having been stolen). The ebay account selling the jerseys was a brand new acct created only days before the listings.

One forum member actually contacted the seller through ebay messages and was in the process of arranging an "in person deal" with him. This proceeded in a long dialogue which abruptly ended by the seller stating that the jerseys are now sold to someone else, and from that point stopped replying to him.

The idea behind deleting the thread at the time was that we were looking into the items that were for sale on eBay and Craig's list and we didn't want the seller to know the entire game used community was on watch for the very items he was looking to sell. If that were to happen, we were afraid the items would simply go away and we wouldn't have been able to look into it further. One such item that was mentioned in Robert's original post (the Aaron Rowand St. Patrick's Day jersey) was on ebay at the time, so it was confirmed that these were his items being peddled.

I will have reinstated the original thread, as there is little point to it being deleted now. It should appear inside this one, in the correct chronological order.

yanks12025
12-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Well it looks like the guy was a fraud and scammer anyway. I'm sure he didn't own any of those items that supposedly got stolen.

joelsabi
12-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Well it looks like the guy was a fraud and scammer anyway. I'm sure he didn't own any of those items that supposedly got stolen.

Im trying to figure that out. You can see the Kyle Drabek jersey in this ebay listing and the photos of his collection in GUU thread below

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Used-worn-2006-And-2007-Hat-And-Jersey-From-Kyle-Drabek-Phillies-/110992616486?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d7acec26

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=307502&postcount=469

Is he a photo/tire collector or the owner or the friend of the owner of that collection.

sportscentury
12-29-2012, 01:16 AM

My apologies to the believers, but this had to be one of the most pathetically transparent and poorly executed shams I've seen in this hobby for quite some time.

frikativ54
12-29-2012, 02:02 AM
My apologies to the believers, but this had to be one of the most pathetically transparent and poorly executed shams I've seen in this hobby for quite some time.

I'm seeing a lot of names being thrown around here - "scammer," "sham," etc. However, those posting here are offering very little concrete evidence. Where's the proof for any of this?

gingi79
12-29-2012, 04:27 AM
I'm seeing a lot of names being thrown around here - "scammer," "sham," etc. However, those posting here are offering very little concrete evidence. Where's the proof for any of this?

Come on Les, this guy isn't worth your assistance as if he is being railroaded.. He claimed his stuff was stolen. He not only received a settlement check from an insurance company on a policy that no one else seems to be able to even obtain but he did so before the police report was likely filed. Ever have a car accident that isn't cut and dry? I worked that field for years and was a Property and Casualty Broker in NY. Insurance companies drag their feet on any claim they can. In a court system where people spend months in jail for serious crimes, this "petty thief" was not only caught in a major sting operation but was charged and found guilty in court? It took over 2 years for anything to truly develop with JOSports yet some cat burglar is suddenly treated like Bernie Madoff? This isn't a TV legal drama. Plus everything he wanted to sell was returned? Then when he was called out on the additional issues with his items, he deletes his account with GUC?

frikativ54
12-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Come on Les, this guy isn't worth your assistance as if he is being railroaded.. He claimed his stuff was stolen. He not only received a settlement check from an insurance company on a policy that no one else seems to be able to even obtain but he did so before the police report was likely filed. Ever have a car accident that isn't cut and dry? I worked that field for years and was a Property and Casualty Broker in NY. Insurance companies drag their feet on any claim they can. In a court system where people spend months in jail for serious crimes, this "petty thief" was not only caught in a major sting operation but was charged and found guilty in court? It took over 2 years for anything to truly develop with JOSports yet some cat burglar is suddenly treated like Bernie Madoff? This isn't a TV legal drama. Plus everything he wanted to sell was returned? Then when he was called out on the additional issues with his items, he deletes his account with GUC?

I don't think I'm offering Robert any assistance here. And, for the record, I, along with many, find the whole thing suspicious. However, can we really call this a scam until we have more evidence that that there was a calculated attempt to deceive?

Does anyone - moderators included - have knowledge of an actual police report's being filed? Of the thief's being proven guilty? If this actually happened, isn't there a way to do some research? I would just like to get away from speculation and deal in the realm of facts.

mickeymbz
12-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Moderator kill this thread once and for all

yanks12025
12-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Moderator kill this thread once and for all

Why people should know about this seller and stuff.

mickeymbz
12-29-2012, 06:25 PM
b/c that infos not comimg out.. the only one who can answer that is the original poster of this thread and he obviously aint forthcoming. to much ping pong about what his motives were and what is possible and not. its obvious the poster and whoever the ebay sellers may be are deceptive..everyone here is smart enuff to stay away,,, so why keep it going?

sportscentury
12-29-2012, 11:12 PM

Seriously? Between the two GUU threads (the deleted one and this one), the various negative feedback comments left on his eBay seller accounts, his known aliases (I understand the count is up to three now) and the long and very detailed thread on GameUsedCollector, it seems to me, and I think to numerous others, that an overwhelming amount of on-point information has been provided. Did you take the time to read the GUC thread? I am told GUU moderators have additional information, but that is for them to post if they deem it appropriate.

admin_old
12-30-2012, 12:42 AM
At this point we have decided to close this thread and suspend the account of the member who started it. Through an investigation of what happened, it seems apparent that there was an attempt to defraud another forum member whereby an item, after it was paid for, was never delivered and no refund given. In addition, the eBay account which sold the item was closed days following the event. Further, we were able to match the IP address of the eBay account set up to sell the supposedly stolen items and the person who started this thread and found them to be the same.

While we are not here to judge if there was criminal activity, the administrators of the forum do feel a responsibility to protect others within this community. Therefore, barring any additional information from the original poster that can substantiate otherwise, we are suspending the original poster's account until further notice.